005

When You Look Me In The Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

 

My fingers stopped typing away on the laptop and I stared at the screen for a while. A rush of emotion overwhelmed me and I felt like screaming but I held it in and took a deep breath instead. After I exhaled it I remembered what I told Taeyeon today at lunch. I finally admitted that I am dating Chanyeol. When I told her that she froze for a few seconds and she stared at me with wide eyes. I started to think that maybe I made the wrong choice by telling her but all that thoughts vanished in a second when she gave me a huge bright smiled to me and not to mention she screamed a bit in happiness. She was happy for me for dating Chanyeol because she knew how much he likes me and she was sure he could take care of me and love me with his whole heart. She also kept her promised of not telling it to anyone especially to that certain bacon.

I know he is my best friend and I should tell him about this since he is really closed with Chanyeol as well but I needed some time. Baekhyun could be really loud sometimes and I’m sure he would make a ruckus if he knows this. For now Taeyeon was the only one who knows whom I’m dating. I’ll tell Baekhyun when I’m certain I have at least a little bit of feelings for Chanyeol. I am finally giving a chance to Chanyeol like I should do. I could also feel that I’m starting to get closer to Taeyeon, we even exchanged numbers before we parted to go to our own dorm. We also just texted each other two hours ago before she said she got a group assignment to do.

I also told her that I was still trying to accept Chanyeol because I never dated anyone before so it was still awkward for me. What I said to her were half the truth, I was aware of that but I do still feel awkward around Chanyeol because this was my first relationship. I couldn’t just tell her that I actually like Baekhyun that would make things worst. I am trying to move on and forget about Baekhyun so right now I just want to try to get to know Chanyeol better.

A small smile appeared on my lips as I felt a little bit relieved after I told someone what I kept inside me. I guessed letting out your feelings and thoughts to someone does make you feel better. I started typing away again on my laptop to finish my assignments, suddenly my phone ring indicating there was a message. I took my phone on the table and look at the screen. My eyebrows rose as I saw the name ‘Chanyeol' pop up on the screen. I opened the message.

‘Hey, what are you doing? I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you.’

That’s what the message read. I clicked on the bar below it to reply to his message. I only stared at it as I was suddenly feeling awkward and nervous all of a sudden. Usually when Chanyeol text me I don’t usually reply. Especially when it was night, even though I didn’t sleep yet I ignored his messages. He was the only one who kept sending the message telling me this and that like he was talking alone. I’m sure he saw it, the messages that he sent me always changed from ‘unread’ to ‘read' but I never replied to it. Another rushed of guilty hit me as I felt I was been really unfair to him. It looked like I didn’t even respect him as Baekhyun's friend. What kind of a person am I? I shook my head at my own self as I felt I was too cold towards this one good guy that just happened to fall in love with me.

Five minutes passed since he wrote the message and I’m still staring at it like I didn’t know how to reply to a message. I felt like asking Taeyeon what should I write but that was just a ridiculous idea. How could I disturb for just this mere message from Chanyeol. I let out a sighed and scratched my not itching head. I should reply to him just like how I replied to other messages with my friends. That was the only right thing to do.

‘You didn’t disturb me. I was just doing my assignment.’

There I wrote it and pressed send. I exhaled the breath that I didn’t even realize I was holding. I tried to focus again on doing my assignment but my heart was beating so fast it felt like someone could hear it if they sit next to me. My phone ring again with that familiar sound, I took my phone and look at the message.

‘Oh... really? I’m worried that I would disturb you. I mean it’s late already and I don’t want to disturb your sleep. Is it still a lot to do in your assignment? I may not now about programming but there’s this one student besides our room who is a tech genius. If you need help I can go to his room and ask him for help.’

I smiled at his message. The message was longer than I thought. I’m guessing he must’ve been surprised that I replied to his message. If he tried to hide his excitement over this he didn’t really do a good job. I could actually see it even though it was through message. I look at the clock on my phone and it was past midnight. There was only five minutes left before the clock strikes 1.00am. I raised an eyebrow does Chanyeol really going to disturb that kid if I needed help?

‘It’s late like you said. Are you really going to disturb him if I said I need help with my assignment?’

I clicked send and even before I could put my phone away Chanyeol already replied to my message.

‘Of course I will! I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter