003

When You Look Me In The Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just once I want to fall in love and not have it hurt so bad in the end

 

“Chanyeol, what are you doing here and what’s with that plastic bag?” Baekhyun asked as he walked towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s eyes were set on me but I couldn’t read his expression. It was a mix of sad, hurt and betrayed. I quickly looked away and swallowed a lump in my throat. Rushed of guilty filled inside of me.

“I was on my way from the convenience store and I’m here to return a book that I borrowed from Dara noona.” I heard Chanyeol speak and Baekhyun making an ‘oohh’ sound.

“Where did you guys from?” Chanyeol asked the question that I dreaded the most. I slowly looked at Chanyeol and he was looking at Baekhyun and what I saw shocked me. Chanyeol was wearing a serious expression that I have never seen before. The guilt in my heart started to rise and I felt a little bit worried… I was worried if he was angry at me.

“Well, we were having a best friend bonding time!” Baekhyun answered merrily and even though the expression was just a second but I saw it, Chanyeol froze for a bit and his expression turned stoic. The expression was quickly gone and replace with his poker face as he nodded a bit.

“We when to the mall and to the arcade, we even went to eat street foods that we ate before when we were in high school, right?” Baekhyun continued and looked at me for confirmation of what he said. By now Chanyeol eyes were already on me, I couldn’t look at him so I looked at Baekhyun and nodded a bit with a small smiled.

Chanyeol knew that I lied to him but he couldn’t do anything right now because Baekhyun was there. Besides, nobody knows that we’re dating except for ourselves.

“I see…” Chanyeol voice came out slowly.

“Well, we better get going now.” Baekhyun said and turned towards me. He gestured his hand to walk over to him and I obediently walked to him with my head down and not looking at Chanyeol.

“Tonight was fun, when we have time let’s go again, okay?” Baekhyun asked me and I just nodded. He ruffled my hair lightly and I slowly looked up at him. He smiled his childish smiled at me which made my lips quirked up a bit.

“Let’s go Chanyeol.” Baekhyun waved at me, turned around and walked away, but Chanyeol didn’t walk yet. He stayed behind and he looked at me with eyes that I couldn’t read.

“Good night, sleep tight and take this.” Chanyeol said gently and took my hand, he gave the plastic bag to me with a smiled. He looked at me straight in the eyes like he was penetrating my soul. His gentle yet sturdy gazed made me blink my eyes slowly.

“Bye.” He whispered and turned around, he walked with Baekhyun to the dorm. I looked at his sturdy back and something just flipped inside of me, my eyes widened a bit by that unfamiliar feelings but I just shook it away. From the distance I could hear Baekhyun whined about Chanyeol gave the snacks to me but Chanyeol just ignored him completely. Baekhyun turned around while walking and gave a sly smiled to me and wiggled his eyebrows. I feigned angry at him and raised my fist like wanting to hit him. He just laughed it off and turned back around. I cracked a smiled and went inside the dorm.

I arrived at the 7th floor where my room was located. I went inside my dorm and put the plastic bag on the table and sat on the couch. I wondered what Chanyeol bought for me. I looked inside the plastic bag and took out a chocolate, my eyes widened a bit because this was my favorite chocolate. How did he know I like this brand…? Oh wait, his best friend, classmate and roommate is Baekhyun. Of course he would know about it from that bacon.

I cracked a smiled again without me knowing and then I frowned, what’s wrong with me? I keep smiling today. Aish… whatever. I sighed this time as I felt really guilty for lying to Chanyeol. Should I give him a call and tell him the truth? I took out my phone from my pocket and saw there were seven missed calls and ten messages from Chanyeol. Another pain of guilt hit me. I slide through my contact list, I stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter