Not Meant To Be

Not Meant To Be

Chapter 7

 

All went well for a month. Luhan and Yuri spent times together but happy times don't last long.

 

Luhan was just getting ready to go out when he heard the doorbell ring, thinking that it was Yuri. He ran towards the door, open it and said, 'Your early', but to his horror, it was a different girl in front of his doorstep.

 

The girl looked at Luhan with a happy expression on her oval-shaped face before flying into his arms, “I have missed you so much.” The girl said in a muffled tone, which was drained out by the pressure she was putting against Luhan's arm.

 

Luhan was still trying to get over the shock, yet he embraced the girl back and said, “Your back Tiffany.”

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany smiled as Luhan handed her a glass of water.

 

“How come you didn’t tell me you were coming back?” Luhan asked.

 

“Because I wanted to surprised you.” Tiffany replied, as she sat closer to Luhan and leaned on Luhan's elbow.

 

Luhan feeling a bit awkward, moved away from her.

 

“What’s the matter?” Tiffany asked. The hurt in her wide, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes were clearly showing, “Nothing.” Luhan lied, “I guess I’m just not accustomed to having you back after such a long time. Besides, I thought you wanted to break up.”

 

“I didn’t realize that I still could come back Luhan Oppa.” Tiffany replied, “I didn’t want to hurt you so I broke up with you to set you free but then I realized I could come back and I came here looking for you.”

 

“Don’t you think you are a bit selfish thinking that?” Luhan asked, clearly showing disappointment in his voice, “I’m sorry.” Tiffany said, as tears swelled up in her eyes, threatening to fall.

 

Luhan sighed and thought what he was going to do now. He was placed in an awkward situation at the moment and his brain was muddled. He loves Yuri, yet he feels responsible towards Tiffany since she left everything behind to come looked for him. Should he choose Yuri or Tiffany?

 

This question ran over and over in his mind until the ringing of the doorbell brought him back to his senses.

 

'!' Luhan thought. He had totally forgotten that Yuri was coming over today so they could go out together, “Aren’t you going to answer the door?” Tiffany asked, as she stood up to go opened it.

 

“It’s okay. I will get it.” Luhan said, as he rushed towards the door, “You just sit down and relax.”

 

“Hi Luhan Oppa. Are you ready to go?” Yuri asked happily, as soon as Luhan opened the door.

 

Luhan just stared at her, totally lost as he looked at her. God, he loved her so much.

 

“What’s the matter?” Yuri asked, as she felt something wrong was going on.

 

“Who’s here?” Tiffany asked, as she came up to the doorway.

 

Yuri and Tiffany just looked at each other before turning back to Luhan.

 

“Oh, I see you have a friend over.” Yuri said, as she felt a stone rise in , “I just remembered something I have to do so I will call you later.” And with that, she turned around and walked away.

 

“Yuri.” Luhan called after her, but she didn't turn back but kept on walking as tears slided down her face.

 

“Who was that?” Tiffany asked, as she leaned on the door, waiting for an explanation.

 

“My new girlfriend.” Luhan said.

 

“Your...Your what?” Tiffany spluttered.

 

“My new girlfriend.” Luhan stated.

 

“I thought you loved me.” Tiffany said, as tears ran down her face, “I didn’t realize you had change so quickly.”

 

“I never knew myself.” Luhan mumbled, “But it was a coincidence I met her and I really like her."

 

“What about me?!” Tiffany wailed.

 

Luhan felt his head was about to split any second, “Can we talk about this later?” Luhan asked, as he rubbed his forehead and walked inside his room, closing the door behind him.

 

When he got inside, he thought about all the consequences of his actions and what he should do.

 

There was only one thing he could do and that is to break up with Yuri. After all, he had too much responsibility towards Tiffany. She gave up everything for him; he couldn’t just leave her like this here with no family and friends. She only had him left in the whole wide world but Yuri still had her family, friends and other guys who would kill to be her boyfriend.

 

Luhan picked up the phone and dialed Yuri's number.

 

“Hey.” Yuri said, as she picked up; it was obvious in her voice that she had been crying.

 

“Hey.” Luhan said.

 

“So, she’s back?” Yuri asked, breaking the silence.

 

“Yeah, she is.” Luhan replied.

 

“It’s okay; I don’t need any explanation.” Yuri sniffed, “Oppa, let's break up.”

 

“What?” Luhan asked, shocked.

 

“I know your girlfriend gave up a lot for you and I don’t want to take that away from her and I don’t want you to be in such a hard situation.” Yuri said, “I want you to be happy Oppa, and that includes if I have to let you go.” Yuri added.

 

Luhan was at a loss for words. He didn’t plan his conversation out this way but he couldn’t deny that he loved Yuri more after what she said but he knew his responsibilities.

 

“Thank you Yuri.” Luhan said, grateful even though his heart was breaking into millions of pieces.

 

“Well, if there is nothing else, I have to go now.” And with that, she hung up.

 

It had been a week since she last talked to Luhan. Yuri looked outside the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of him but to her sorrow, she didn’t see anyone there. It was only then that she realized that Luhan would always stay in her heart. She knew that she would go through more heartaches as time goes by.

 

The rain trickled outside her window sill before she quickly ran upstairs to close the windows. She saw a familiar figure, drenched in rain, standing under her house. She squinted and realized it was no other than Luhan.

 

Yuri bolted down the stairs and flung her door open. Luhan looked up at her with sorrow in his eyes.

 

Yuri stepped outside into the cold air and stood face to face with him. No one could tell their tears from the rain that was pouring down, mingling with the salty water that trickled down their cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry Yuri, but I couldn’t help but to see you one last time.” Luhan said sadly.

 

Yuri felt her heart miss a beat before adding, “You chose Oppa, and I don’t blame you.”

 

“Can I hug you one more time?” He asked.

 

Yuri nodded as Luhan put his arms around her, embracing her tightly.

 

“I will never forget you Yuri.” And with those words, he released her and ran away.

 

Yuri watched as his shadow disappeared around the corner. She knew that this was really the last time she would ever see him again.

 

A/N: sad to say this but this is the end of 'Not Meant To Be' :(

even though it didn't have a happy ending because YulHan didn't end up together, i hope you guys still enjoy it and thank you to all my viewers, subscribers, voters and those that comment for taking your guys time to check out my fanfiction <3