Not Meant To Be

Not Meant To Be

Chapter 4

 

Luhan didn't leave Yuri's house until after dinner. He said he would call her after he get home. Yuri was going to call Chunja later on tonight to tell her that she won't be working at the karaoke place anymore because she had come to realize that it didn't suit her and Luhan definitely wouldn't have agreed to let her work there after what has happened between them. She was still going to go to the karaoke bar tonight to get her paycheck though and then tell Chunja that she quits. Yuri had just stepped out of the shower when she heard her phone ringing. She thought it was Luhan calling her but to her surprised, it was Chunja.

 

"Hi Anna." Chunja said, over the phone, "Seems like you got another booking tonight."

 

"Huh?" Yuri asked, surprised "Who booked me?"

 

"Do you remember Lee Donghae?" Chunja asked, "He booked you for tonight."

 

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Yuri said, "I was going to tell you I won't be working there anymore and I was coming to get my paycheck today."

 

"Come on, Anna." Chunja begged, "Can you please help me this last time?"

 

"I'm sorry Chunja. I had love to help but I can't." Yuri replied, thinking about Luhan.

 

Chunja sigh before adding, "Well, I can't push you to work here if you don't want to. If you want to get your paycheck, come on over and I will give it to you."

 

"Thank you." Yuri said, before she hung up.

 

As she hung up, the phone started ringing again, showing Luhan's number.

 

"I hope you are not going to the karaoke bar tonight." Luhan said, as soon as Yuri had picked up.

 

"Huh?" Yuri asked, confused "Why do you ask that?"

 

"Because my friend had just told me that they booked you again, for tonight." Luhan replied, with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

 

"Oh, don't worry." Yuri soothed, "I told Chunja that I quit so I'm just going over there tonight to get my paycheck." "That's good then." Luhan said, his voice relaxing a little bit.

 

There was a pause before Yuri said, "Are you going there tonight?"

 

"Of course, I'm not going." Luhan replied, "But I will wait for you until you get your paycheck and we can go have some snacks together."

 

Yuri felt warmth rising in her but she didn't know why. Maybe it's the fact that Luhan wasn't going to the karaoke bar because she wasn't going.

 

"Okay. I will call you when I'm done." Yuri said, with a quick goodbye as she hung up and made her way to the karaoke place.

 

Yuri had to wait for 3 hours before she finally got her paycheck because Chunja was still trying to persuade Yuri to do one last shift for her before quitting but Yuri didn't abide because she knew that Luhan was waiting for her. When she finally got the paycheck, she called Luhan and asked where he was. To her surprised, he told her that he was downstairs waiting for her. She quickly made her way outside and found him smoking near the door, "When did you arrive?" She asked.

 

"About an hour ago." Luhan replied, "I was getting worried. What took you so long? If you didn't call me I was about to make my way up to see what was going on."

 

"Lucky you didnt." Yuri said, "All your friends are already there."
 

"I know." Luhan replied, "That's why I was still deciding whether to come up or not."

 

"Well, I'm done so let's go then." Yuri said, as she tugged onto Luhan's arm.

 

Luhan waved to an approaching taxi and when they got in, he said, "To Seven Luck Casino please?"

 

"Why are we going to the casino?" Yuri asked.

 

"My friend is over there and he asked me to go over there after I have finished doing whatever I had to do." Luhan explained.

 

"Oh okay." Yuri said.

 

When they got there, Luhan introduced Yuri to his friend and the three of them had a few drinks and while the two guys were playing at the table, Yuri wandered around for a little while. When she got back to where the guys had been, Luhan's friend had already left.

 

"Where's Yoongie?" Yuri asked.

 

"He just left." Luhan replied.

 

"Oh." Yuri said. She looked down at her gold kate spade new york 'gramercy grand' bracelet watch and said, "Oh my god. It's so late already. I have to go home."

 

Luhan looked down at her and asked, "Are you tired?"

 

"A little bit." She replied.

 

Luhan paused for a little while before saying, "My friend booked a room just next door and he's still got money left in it. Do you want to go up and rest for a bit?"

 

Yuri looked doubtful and thought about it. Luhan must have read her mind because he quickly said, "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you."

 

"I wasn't thinking about that." Yuri lied.

 

"Well, let's go then." Luhan said, as he grabbed onto Yuri's hand and led her away.

 

As they approached the hotel door, Yuri's heart started pounding in her chest. She was scared of what Luhan might do to her but then, she comforted herself saying that Luhan would never do anything to hurt her and she was right since there were two beds in the room.

 

"I'm going to take a quick shower." Luhan said, as he made his way to the bathroom.

 

Yuri made herself comfortable on the bed and switched the tv on but she was watching aimlessly at the television. She was still scared of the prospect of having only her and Luhan in the room. She gripped the blankets closer to herself as she heard the bathroom door open but to her surprised and relief, Luhan sat down on the other bed.