Not Meant To Be

Not Meant To Be

Chapter 3

 

The next day, Yuri got along with her life but her head kept on running back to Luhan's words and the picture of him keeps flashing in her mind. She shook off the feeling and tried to keep herself busy. It was night time and Luhan hadn't called her yet. She thought that he probably wouldn't call her again. Plus, their relationship with each other was just customer and hostess. She had already made the silly decision to take him as a friend. Now, she snorted at the idea and gave up all thoughts of him.

 

Yuri was already sleeping soundly when suddenly her phone started ringing. Yuri woke up with a start and opened one of her eyes to see who the caller was to see that it was Luhan. Yuri turned to look at the clock on the wall and got the shock of her life. The clock on the wall read 5am. She couldn't believe this guy. How could he call her at such a time? She picked up the phone and said a rather soft, "Hello."

 

"Hey, Yuri. Are you still awake?" Luhan asked.

 

Yuri nearly let out a laugh at his silly question. How can she be awake at such time of the hour? "Well, I'm awake now." Yuri replied, adjusting her eyes to the dark surrounding her room.

 

"I miss you so I called you." Luhan said.

 

"Right." Yuri replied, laughing at his statement.

 

"I'm serious." Luhan said in a flat tone; he obviously wasn't impressed with Yuri's reaction.

 

"Well, that's nice of you." Yuri said, who yawned over the phone. In fact, she was still half-asleep.

 

"I'm outside your house right now." Luhan stated.

 

"What?" Yuri asked, who was wide awake now, "What do you mean?"

 

"I said I miss you and I wanted to see you so I'm outside waiting for you." Luhan said.

 

"You...You are joking, right?" Yuri stuttered. She couldn't believe this guy would pop over to her house at this time of the hour.

 

"Come down and see for yourself if you don't believe me." Luhan replied.

 

"Don't you dare lie to me." Yuri said, as she put on her black/white heather robe and made her way downstairs. When she got to the door, there he was, standing in the cold misty night. Yuri's eyes nearly pop out of her eye socket when she saw him because she thought he was only messing around with her. She opened the door quickly and let him in, "What do you think you are doing here at this time of the hour, Luhan Oppa?" Yuri asked, disbelieving.

 

Luhan walked over and hugged Yuri who only staggered backwards in total surprised and shock. She pushed him away and stated, "What do you think you are doing?" She asked in an annoyed tone, as she led Luhan into the lounge room.

 

"I wanted to keep my mind off of you, Yuri, but I realized that I couldn't." Luhan replied, looking down at the floor, feeling guilty.

 

Yuri stared at him and frown before adding, "I miss you, too." When these words came out, Yuri was surprised at what she had said.

 

Luhan looked up at Yuri and a smile curved around his thin, small, bow-shaped lips, "Remember the first time you worked at the karaoke? I saw you and really liked you but it wasn't until the second time I talked to you that I realized that my feelings for you had grown over the days."

 

"But I didn't even see you the first time." Yuri replied.

 

"Yes, I know." Luhan said, "But I saw you. It wasn't until yesterday after the movies that I realized I had fallen for you."

 

Yuri blushed and looked down at the floor. She was amazed this total cute stranger was in her house at 5 in the morning, telling her that he liked her.

 

Luhan grabbed onto Yuri's hand and held it while asking in a serious voice, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

Yuri looked up at him in awe and started laughing because she wanted to escape the thoughts of him liking her. She got close to him and sniffed him before saying, "You have been drinking. Are you sure you are not drunk?"

 

"Of course, I'm not!" Luhan snapped, who was shocked to hear his own voice. Then in a softer tone, he added, "I really do like you, Yuri. Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

Yuri who was sitting on the couch started playing with the cushion she was holding in front of her as if it was a protective barrier against him. She told herself that she couldn't fall for this guy since she hardly knew him but her heart told her she wanted to say yes.

 

"Have you ever thought I might have a boyfriend?" Yuri asked, looking up at Luhan to see his expression.

 

"I have thought of that before." Luhan replied, "Do you?" He asked.

 

Yuri gave him a sad look and answered, "Yes, I do but he's studying in New York at the moment."

 

Yuri noticed Luhan looking sad at the moment but it was gone within a second, "I don't mind." Luhan said, "I like you and that's all I care about. I want to be with you."

 

"But I have a boyfriend already." Yuri said, shocked. No guy has ever treated her that way before. Once they knew she had a boyfriend, they usually backed away but this guy was willing to accept her having a boyfriend.

 

"You won't be happy with me." Yuri explained, "I can't give you the kind of love you are looking for because I gave that all to my boyfriend. I may have feelings for you but it's not love."

 

"Well, to tell you the truth, I have a girlfriend too, but she's in the USA right now." Luhan said.

 

Yuri suddenly felt the blood drain from her face. He had a girlfriend and he's here, asking her to be his girlfriend? "She went back to the USA a year ago and hasn't come back." Luhan explained, "She told me many times that she would come back but it only ended in disappointment, seeing that she's not keeping her words. I used to ask her when she would be back but now I have totally given up."

 

"Are you willing to accept me even if I have a boyfriend?" Yuri asked, looking at Luhan.

 

"I want to try. I want to know that in the future I'm the only boyfriend you have." Luhan replied, "I used to pray for my girlfriend to come back as soon as possible but after I met you, I can't help but say I wish she wouldn't come back."

 

Yuri tried to be harsh on Luhan because she knew that she loved her boyfriend but this guy was just too amazing, "I don't want to hurt you." Yuri explained, "Because I know you will get hurt if I answer yes to your question."

 

"I'm willing to take the risk." Luhan replied, looking lovingly at Yuri. He never knew he would fall for a girl who worked as a hostess at a karaoke bar but she was just different and he couldn't help himself.

 

Yuri sighed; she didn't know what her boyfriend was doing in New York and had no idea if he has another girlfriend over there or not. Was it right to sacrifice herself for him or should she take a chance with Luhan? Yuri thought long and hard before a voice broke beside of her, "Can you give me an answer?"Luhan  asked.

 

"We can try." Yuri said.

 

Luhan narrowed his slender eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean?"

 

"I mean, I will agree to be your girlfriend but I still want time to know you." Yuri replied; she had decided to give Luhan a chance to prove that he loves her.

 

A broad grin spread across Luhan's oval-shaped face as he hugged her and gave her a warm kiss on her plump lips. Yuri was startled and didn't reply to the kiss because she wasn't ready to take another step with him until she knew him better.

 

"Can you go home now?" Yuri asked, looking up at the clock which read 6:30am.

 

"But I want to stay with you a little longer." Luhan complained.

 

"But you can't." Yuri said, "My dad will be getting up at 8am to go to work."

 

"I will wait until he's at work then." Luhan replied.

 

"How?" Yuri asked.

 

"I will wait for you outside." Luhan replied.

 

"What?!" Yuri shouted, "You are going to wait for me outside?! But its cold?!"

 

"It's okay. I will do anything to spend more time with you." Luhan said, trying to kiss her again, but Yuri just pushed him away and looked exasperated. This guy in front of her was crazy.

 

"Anyway, I better get going then." Luhan said, as he stood up to leave.

 

Yuri thought he was going home and sighed in relief. Luhan saw this and a cheeky smile appeared before he said, "You don't think I'm going home, are you? Because I'm going to wait for you outside."

 

"Can you please just go home and get some rest?" Yuri said, as she suddenly felt tired all over. She was tired of trying to persuade him to go home and sleep.

 

"But I want to sleep next to you." Luhan said.

 

That statement annoyed Yuri to the core as she pushed him to the door and said, "Go home and sleep."

 

Luhan gave Yuri a peck on the cheeks before walking away. The sun had already risen and Yuri was still so tired. Her head was throbbing with pain but she wondered if Luhan would really wait for her or not. She doubted he would and he probably didn't even know he asked her to be his girlfriend. After all, he was drunk, wasn't he? When Yuri got into bed, she couldn't sleep at all. Instead, she was up thinking whether Luhan was really waiting for her or not so when her dad left for work, she had called him.

 

"Hello." Luhan said.

 

"Where are you?" Yuri asked.

 

"Having breakfast near your place." Yuri replied, as he drank his bubble tea.

 

"What? You didn't go home?" Yuri asked, exasperated.

 

"I told you I had wait for you." Came Luhan's calm voice.

 

Yuri let out a long sigh and said, "You can come over now if you want; my dad's gone to work."

 

"Okay. I will be there after I finish my breakfast." Came Luhan's reply before he hung up.

 

Yuri stared up at the white ceiling and heaved a sigh; she had never met a guy like him before. He was different and he proved this by waiting for her for 2 hours while she was snuggled warmly in her blanket. No other guy has been as stupid as him. As she was thinking to herself, she heard a knock on the door, disrupting her thoughts. She walked down and saw Luhan hugging himself. She opened the door and let him inside.

 

"It's so cold outside." Luhan said, as he quickly stepped inside.

 

"Serves you right for waiting." Yuri replied, trying to pretend she was accusing him but inside her heart, she felt warm that a guy was willing to wait for her in such a cold weather just so he could be with her longer.

 

They lay in bed together with Luhan hugging her as they just chatted about their lives and laughed at each other's joke. Yuri felt at ease with him holding her and she actually felt protected in his arms. Luhan turned around and gave another lingering kiss on Yuri's lips but Yuri didn't respond. Luhan just smiled down at her and before long, they were fast asleep.