Not Meant To Be

Not Meant To Be

Chapter 6

 

That night, Yuri just sat down on the sofa, staring at the tv, not taking much of the program they were showing in until the ringing of her phone bought her back to reality. She quickly picked it up, hoping that it was Luhan but to her surprised, it was a private number that she didn't know, "Hello."

 

"Hi Yuri." A male voice said, on the other end of the phone.

 

"Oh, hi Jinki Oppa." Yuri replied. She was utterly surprised and shocked since she hadn't heard from him for a long time now.

 

"How have you been?" Jinki asked.

 

"I'm fine. How about you?" Yuri asked.

 

"I have been good." Jinki replied. There was a pause before Jinki continued, "Yuri, there's something I have meant to tell you a while back."

 

"What is it?" Yuri asked, who didn't care much about what Jinki wanted to say at the moment since she was still hungover about what Luhan said.

 

"Your a very nice girl Yuri, and I'm sure you will find someone better than me." Jinki said.

 

Yuri's eyes suddenly widened at what Jinki was saying.

 

"What are you trying to say?" Yuri asked, her voice breaking.

 

"I'm sorry to say this but I have found another girlfriend in New York." Jinki said.

 

"You know we don't have a future together. We are too far away from each other and I don't want to waste your time."

 

Yuri couldn't believe her ears. In one single day, she had lost two guys which were important to her. First, it was Luhan leaving her for his girlfriend. Now, it was her boyfriend leaving her for another girl. Yuri's world was shattering; she couldn't believe what was happening.

 

"Yuri, are you still there?" Jinki asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah, I'm still here." Yuri replied in a soft voice. She felt as if all her energy was drained.

 

"I'm sorry Yuri." Jinki said.

 

"It doesn't matter anymore." Yuri replied, "I understand." And with that, she hung up.

 

Yuri cradled herself in her arms. She didn't understand what she had done to deserve such treatment. Was this karma? But then, she has never done something to deserve such things. Without realizing, she picked up the phone and dialed Luhan's number.

 

"Hello." Luhan said.

 

"Hey Luhan Oppa." Yuri sniffed.

 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked worriedly.

 

"My boyfriend just broke up with me!" Yuri wailed, as she couldn't hold it in any longer, "How could you and my boyfriend do this to me?!"

 

"The world is so cruel to us Yuri." Luhan said, laughing which Yuri knows is a fake one.

 

"Why do you guy have to do this to me?!" Yuri cried, "Why me?!"

 

"I'm sorry Yuri. I didn't know this would happen." Luhan replied sadly.

 

Yuri didn't answer him but kept on crying into the phone. No words could express her feelings right now. She felt as if she had lost everything.

 

Luhan let out a sigh before asking, "Where are you right now?"

 

"I'm at home, of course."

 

"Open the door." Luhan said.

 

"What?" Yuri asked, surprised as she blew her nose.

 

"I'm outside your house right now." Luhan replied.

 

"Your joking, right?" Yuri asked. She couldn't believe him. He broke up with her this afternoon and now, he was in front of her house.

 

"I'm not." Luhan said, "If you don't believe me, just open the door."

 

Yuri got up from the sofa to walked to the front door and opened it and there he was, "Come in." Yuri said, as she turned away from him. She didn't want him to see her swollen eyes.

 

Luhan stepped into the familiar living room and plopped himself down on the couch, still looking at Yuri worriedly.

 

"What happened?" He asked.

 

"My boyfriend just broke up with me." Yuri sobbed, as she blew her nose again.

 

Luhan sighed before adding, "It's a mistake that I came in."

 

Yuri looked up at him with enquiring eyes, wondering what he meant by that.

 

Luhan put his head in his hands and said slowly, "I shouldn't have come to your place Yuri but I couldn't help myself. I went downstairs from my place to buy a pack of cigarette but somehow, I ended up at your place."

 

"How long have you been outside?" Yuri asked, surprised.

 

"Five hours or more." Luhan stated.

 

"Your joking." Yuri said, horror and shock written all over her face. Was he telling the truth or was he lying?

 

All of a sudden, Luhan pulled Yuri into his arms, hugging her while he said a muffled tone, "I want to forget you. Why did you ask me to come in? I can't control my feelings anymore Yuri."

 

Yuri felt lost in his embrace but suddenly, she remembered what he had told her that afternoon and quickly pushed him away before adding, "You said your girlfriend is coming back soon."

 

"Yeah, she is." Luhan replied, coming back to his senses.

 

Just then, Luhan's iphone5 started to ring. Luhan looked down at the caller id before picking up to said a 'Hello' while looking at Yuri with an expression of 'Can you leave for a few minutes?'.

 

Yuri understood and left the room to make each of them a cup of tea. When she returned, she saw that Luhan's eyes were slightly red.

 

"What happened?" Yuri asked, setting the two cups of steaming tea down on the coffee table.

 

"We can be together." Luhan replied.

 

Yuri didn't understand what was happening and looked at Luhan for an explanation.

 

"We can be together now Yuri." Luhan said again, "That was just my girlfriend. She said that she's not coming back anymore because she still has business to attend to back there."

 

"Really?" Yuri asked, shocked.

 

Luhan gathered Yuri back into his arms and whispered, "It's finally over; we can now be together."

 

"But what happens if she comes back?" Yuri asked, still scared.

 

"I doubt she would come back anymore from the tone of her voice." Luhan replied, "I don't have to be torn apart anymore. I can love you as much as I want."

 

Yuri pulled away to looked up at Luhan skeptically but he just smothered it with a kiss.

 

It looked to Yuri and Luhan that god had finally given pity on them and gave the both of them a chance to be together but is it a happily ever after for them?