Not Meant To Be

Not Meant To Be

Chapter 5

 

Luhan sat down next to Yuri as he started to dry his long red hair. He looked over and saw that she was watching him. He smiled at her and asked, "What are you staring at?"

 

"Nothing." Yuri replied, as she turned to looked away, "I want to go home."

 

"Now?" Luhan asked, surprised.

 

"Yeah, now." Yuri said.

 

"But we just got here yesterday." Luhan complained.

 

Yuri sighed and turned her head forward again, to stare at the tv in front of her. After Luhan had dried his hair, he got back into the second bed and laid down. He was nearly asleep when Yuri got out of her bed and walked up to him. She knelt down in front of his bed and whispered, "Luhan Oppa, I want to go home."

 

Luhan opened his deep brown, almond-shaped eyes lazily to looked up at Yuri before replying, "Can't you keep me company for a while longer?"

 

"What's the whole point of keeping you company when you are just sleeping?" Yuri asked.

 

After finishing her sentence, Luhan suddenly grabbed onto Yuri and pulled her towards him, saying "As long as you are here with me, I'm happy."

 

Yuri used all of her strength to pushed herself away from Luhan before replying hotly, "Well, I don't feel that way and besides, I want to go home. Now."

 

"Okay." Luhan said, releasing Yuri.

 

The next day, Yuri and Luhan had agreed to sing karaoke together with heaps of friends. Yuri was walking arm in arm with her best friend, Sunny, since she wasn't working that day and telling her all about Luhan.

 

"Are you sure he likes you?" Sunny asked, skeptical.

 

"Well, he is nice to me." Yuri defended.

 

"I know that but do you think he will choose you or his girlfriend back in USA?" Sunny asked.

 

Yuri shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I feel as if I'm cheating on my boyfriend in New York."

 

"I'm glad you feel that way." Sunny said, "But I understand. You don't know what he's up to and you haven't even heard from him for a year now. I can't blame you if you believe he doesn't like you anymore or has another girlfriend over there."

 

"Your the only friend that knows me best." Yuri replied, as she smile at Sunny.

 

"Come on, we will be late." Sunny said, as she tugged Yuri along.

 

When they got there, Luhan was already sitting in the room already, playing with another girl. Yuri bid him a hello but to her surprised, he just nodded at her. Yuri could feel anger boiling inside of her and Sunny, who was quick enough to see the situation, tugged on Yuri's arm and led her to the seat on the opposite of them.

 

"Who does he think is?" Yuri said hotly, eyeing Luhan, "He was so nice to me yesterday and today it seems as if he doesn't even know me anymore."

 

"Guys." Sunny stated, "Forget about him, Yuri. You can do better than this."

 

"Your right." Yuri said.

 

Maybe it was the fact that Luhan didn't talk to Yuri at all that made Yuri think that way. She was going to show him that he wasn't the best and isn't the best.

 

That night, she played with the other guys and joked around with them. Without Yuri noticing, Luhan was looking at her. He could feel jealousy rising up in him. How could she treat him that way? But he didn't realize the way he was treating Yuri had hurtled her. When Yuri first stepped into the room, he had pretended as if she didn't exists and kept on playing with the other girl.

 

"Honey, can you take me to the bathroom?" Yuri asked Sunny.

 

"Are you okay?" Sunny asked, as she saw Yuri's face turning pale.

 

Yuri nodded and got up from her seat by the helped of a very worried Sunny.

 

Luhan looked at the both of them worriedly but didn't do or say anything.

 

When Yuri got into the bathroom, she threw out all the alcohol she has been drinking that night out into the toliet bowl.

 

"Oh my god, Yuri!" Sunny cried, "Are you okay?!"

 

Yuri just shook her head and kept her head low. After a few more minutes, she looked up and said, "Yeah, I'm fine now. I must have drank too much."

 

"Don't tell me it's because of Luhan Oppa that you are making yourself drink." Sunny said.

 

Yuri looked up at Sunny sadly before saying, "How can he be so mean? How can he pretend I'm not even there? How can he play with another girl? He knows I like him and he has to make me feel so unimportant."

 

"He's not worth it, Yuri." Sunny said, "Plus, I think you have made him jealous already."

 

"Really? Well, he deserves it." Yuri said, as she staggered her way back to the room.

 

When they got back, Yuri was surprised that Luhan had taken the seat that Yuri had been, blocking her way from the other guys. She flopped herself down beside him and made a grab for her drink. To her surprised, Luhan took the cup away from her and stared at her sternly.

 

"What do you think you are doing?!" Yuri snapped, as she made a snatch for it.

 

"You are drunk Yuri.” Luhan said in a concerned voice, "Besides, you can't even drink anymore."

 

"Why do you care?" Yuri snorted, as she suddenly felt her head spinning around.

 

Luhan put the cup back down and supported Yuri as her head fell tiredly onto Luhan's shoulder.

 

It was only a few minutes when Yuri woke up with a start. She looked up and saw Luhan staring down at her lovingly. She quickly pushed him away and grabbed onto Sunny who was on the other side of her.

 

"You fell asleep on his shoulders." Sunny whispered, into Yuri's ear.

 

"You should have woken me up!" Yuri hissed.

 

"I did. I nudged you." Sunny pouted, "But you didn't even budge."

 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked, coming in between Yuri and Sunny's conversation.

 

"I'm fine." Yuri stated hotly.

 

To Sunny and her surprised, Luhan grabbed onto Yuri, turned her around to face him and kissed her on the lips while everyone in the room 'ohhhed' and 'ahhhed'.

 

"Does this explain everything?" Luhan asked.

 

Yuri opened to say something but nothing came out so she decided to close and not say anything but nod.

 

The rest of the night went well. Somehow, Yuri and Luhan had made up after the kiss and the night was filled with warmth and happiness.

 

The next day at noon, Luhan called Yuri up, "How are you feeling?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'm fine." Yuri replied, "How about you?"

 

"Um...Yuri, I don't think we should see each other anymore." Luhan said suddenly.

 

"What do you mean?" Yuri asked, feeling cold sweeping over her.

 

"I don't want to drag on like this anymore Yuri." Luhan explained.

 

"But everything was okay yesterday." Yuri said.

 

Luhan let out a sigh before he added, "My girlfriend is coming back by the end of this week."

 

Hearing what Luhan had said, Yuri felt all the blood drain for her. Her voice suddnly became dry that she couldn't say anything. She tried to say something but all that came out was a cough.

 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked.

 

Yuri can feel tears swelling up in her eyes before she stated, "Do you think that I'm okay?"

 

"I'm sorry Yuri." Luhan said, "I like you but I love my girlfriend more. I have been with her for more than five years. I can only choose her. I'm sure you would choose your boyfriend over me if he was coming back." Luhan explained. Yuri was silent for a very long time before she added, "You are right Oppa. I wish you happiness with your girlfriend."

 

"Thank you for understanding Yuri." Luhan said, "I will never forget you."

 

"Yeah. Me, too." Yuri said, as she felt her tears rolling down her cheeks, "Bye." She said, before hanging up.

 

She let her phone drop onto the ground and threw herself onto the bed. Yuri was a strong girl; she had promised herself that she would let Luhan go if his girlfriend ever came back to him. She just didn't know it was this soon. She cried into the pillow, wetting it but she didn't care. She had been so strong before. She knew that this would come one day but now it came unexpectedly that she couldn't control her emotions anymore. She was upset but she knew that she made the right decision.

 

On the other side, Luhan let out a sighed as he heard the click of the phone before whispering softly into the air, "I'm sorry Yuri, but you will always stay in my heart."