Nothing Seems Right

FriDATE The Thirteenth

 

 

FriDate the 13th

October 23, 2011

FrenchSha

 

 

Asplanned, we went to Manila Ocean Park. But going there, looking like wet chicks wasn’t part of it. We we’re walking in a tunnel covered with opaque glass housing the different schools of fish. On arrival, we realized we have some issues with humongous Ichthyologist specimen. Oh man! How could I forget about that? Tachycardia dominated our senses as we entered. Olly tightly held my hand out of fear and so did I. This was more than a horror film. This. Was. Real! I didn’t know if I was only being paranoid or what but I think one of those bloodcurdling killer whales sensed our fear and initiated an eye staring contest with us.

 

“Olly, do you think he is as nice as free Willy?” My voice was trembling.

 

Bit by bit, it was swimming towards us as if we were its vulnerable preys approaching death. He hit the glass and we screamed our lungs out.  

 

“Ahhhhhhh!” I guess that answered my question. Other fishes were disturbed by our clamor and the whole aquarium was in chaos. 

 

“Look what you did young ladies!” A big built man in black popped in front of us. He grabbed the back of our shirts’ collar and dragged us towards the exit. He figuratively kicked us out the place.

 

Olly cursed at him.

 

“For your information, Mister! We are animal lovers and we wouldn’t dare hurt free Willy.” I loved the movie. Although it didn’t cure my fear of big fishes, it did move me.

 

Luckily a jeepney stopped in front of us and we literally threw our bodies inside it. A familiar voice echoed in our ears. All the passengers were staring at her, annoyed!

 

“I told you, Marco. I’m done with you.” She was shouting as if she was the only passenger in that jeepney.

 

“D-O-N-E!” She spelled out. “So done with you!”

 

If the commuters were irritated with that voice, we perceived it otherwise. 

 

“Beckyyyyyy!.” We called her in chorus. 

 

She asked us what happened as she removed a strand of noodles out of my hair. I was about to answer her question but again, Olly just couldn’t shut up. If there was a contest for the ‘Most Number of Words Said in a Day’, she would win first place – without a doubt.

 

Olly started sorting out the events. As she went on with her own version of the story, she lost Becky’s interest. I couldn’t blame her. Me, myself, would trade anything I have for me to not hear her voice even just for a day, just for a second. 

 

A/N: Sorry for rushing this too much. Merry Christmas!