It's All Set

FriDATE The Thirteenth

 

 

FriDate the 13th

October 23, 2011

FrenchSha

 

As we led her to her wardrobe to pick out some dress, a thought kicked in. It’s Friday. We had to bring out our foam in the open so the sun could dry it. Someone had a trouble in their sleep so she didn’t notice she was already soaking our bed with pee. And when I said someone I meant Olly.

 

So after a long whining session, we agreed to bring down the queen sized mattress out the house, together. We headed back to the room and helped Trisha fix herself for her big night. olly managed to orient Richie of what should he wear, which place should he take our friend to, just the Dating 101 basics. She even told him what car he should bring. If he would simply follow all the instructions, nerdy Richie would be a handsome Romeo, well at least just for tonight.

 

Clock was ticking, long-hand pointed to seven as the short pointed to twelve. Trisha waited outside the gates while we stand behind the unclosed door, peeking while staying unnoticed. A black Honda sedan slowed down in front of her. We crossed our fingers hoping this is it. But hopes turned to disappointment when in just a blink of an eye; Leonardo de Car-io was replaced by a Bug Pitt.

 

“Seriously, Olly? This is what you call a brilliant idea?”

 

The illusion of a Prince Charming coming out from his touch-it-and-you’ll-die Lamborghini became a Richie dressed like the sewing machine blew up reality. His clothes did not agree with each other. However, the real surprise was Trisha’s ear to ear smile that says I’m in seventh heaven.

 

Richie escorted Trisha all the way to his Bug Pitt. When he shut the door close, everything fell into pieces. All we heard was the metal scratching sounds as the car parts fell apart simultaneously. Followed by a loud chortle that echoed throughout the maze-like streets of the deserted St. Francis Subdivision.

 

We did the two a favor when we called them a cab. We used the telephone number we’ve been saving in case of emergencies just like that night. But since Olly and I are both gossipy and we wanted to witness how the date would turn out, we planned to accompany them the whole night. So we asked for two taxis, without them knowing. Just like the spies in the movies – without the fancy gadgets and the Mission Impossible theme song, of course.

 

At least, Richie did one right thing that night. He brought Trisha to the most expensive and well, romantic, restaurant in town which was paid by yours truly. Thank you, Olly! Thank you for raiding my ATM, ah-gain.

 

He led her towards the entrance. Nerds could play nice too. We waited for them to disappear behind the two big, sliding glass doors before we got out the taxi. And guess who paid the bill, me! I picked out four twenties and five Rizals out of my wallet. Olly slammed the door behind her, not realizing that the end of her jacket got caught in between. The driver started his engine, dragging my stuck friend with it. Luckily, he wasn’t driving too fast or else the only place I’m gonna end up at is Olly’s hospital room.

 

“Next time, be careful!” The driver shouted, poking his head out of his window.