Date-saster FIXED.

FriDATE The Thirteenth

 

 

FriDate the 13th

October 23, 2011

FrenchSha

 

 

Yes! Home.The sight of Elysian Fields became a star that was almost in my reach – the closer you got, the brighter it shone.  Then the jeepney made a full stop when Olly whistled. We didn’t have even a single Rizal so we were thankful that Becky took the initiative to offer paying the fare. You know, Becky. My cousins, bi-polar girlfriend?

 

“We owe you this one Becks.” Overwhelmed of what she did, we sent her flying kisses. Next thing we knew we we’re kissing the rock – hard pavement.

 

The pain spread all through – out our butts. We just got hit by a random beetle!Stupid car. Stupid driver. I heard Olly curse again – uttering dreadful words from her own vocabulary. Oh, she was so furious I could imagine her breathing out fire. Then suddenly, she was trapped by silence. I gathered myself up and looked back to figure out what finally zipped shut. Only to see, a gorgeous chinked – eye lad sheepishly smiling as he bowed to apologize. She gave him a dumbfounded smile. As if nothing serious happened to us. Geez!

 

“I’m really sorry. Are you sure you’re both okay?” He asked with a thick Chinese accent.

 

Although I heard my bone break, all I was able to say was “Yeah. Sure.” Okay fine I’ll be honest I was star-struck too. I felt like I was floating in midair. His smiling eyes were too irresistible. He embodied the good ol’ phrase drop-dead gorgeous – one simple stare and bang, you're on the ground. Literally for us.

 

“Goodbye ladies.” He got in the car and started the engine. I wasn’t sure if I had said it too loud but I heard my mind yell Bye. See you in my dreams.

 

He left us mesmerized. I didn’t ask for his name, though. ‘Cause that would make it pretty obvious. We walked towards the gate. My body felt really light. It was as if I was walking on the clouds and behind that white heavy fog the guy reappeared. This time, he was wearing a black clean suit instead of plain shirt and jeans he had on earlier. He extended his hands to my direction and I reached for it. He squeezed it gently and gave it a yank. A yank that brought me back to reality. Seriously?! Don’t you have anyone to disappoint other than me, Olly? Walking Megaphone jerked me, leading the way to Bianca who was comfortably seated at the doorstep. We did not realize she was with Ken on the phone until she said his name.

 

“I wanna see your peacock, Ken. Your peacock.” It sounded really dirty but we later been told that her boyfriend bought a peacock for a pet. That’s what you get if you keep campaigning against Global Warming with the tagline ‘Think Green’.

 

Olly and I humbly sat beside Bianca and were both tortured listening to their exchange of corny love declarations. It was so mushy we almost puked. I was trying to squeeze out the water from my hair while my partner mimicked our dorm mate’s expression in a bitter way. It reminded her of her days of foolishness.

 

“So now what? Are we just going to sit here and listen to you as you baby talk your seventeen year old boyfriend?” If I could take a bite of Olly that day, she’d taste bitterer than the singed chicken I had for lunch.

 

Fortunately, Bianca was quite sensitive. She already said her goodbyes over the phone but the problem with people in love is that nobody wants to hang up!

 

You hang up. No, you hang up.Olly made Ken win the You-Hang-Up game when she snatched the phone away from Bianca’s hands and turned it off. From the way the latter looked at the first, there could have been a catfight that I could have enjoyed. No thanks to the asthmatic taxi that jerked forward and stopped at the front of our gateway.

 

We all turned to the cab’s direction. Following the plan, Richie brought Trisha home before the ten o’clock curfew. She whispered something to him before she gave him his thank-you-for-tonight kiss. Bianca heaved out a sigh of satisfaction and I, out of relief. I thought they could never make it home.

 

Trisha danced her way to the porch. From the looks of it, I assumed she didn’t notice we were staring. She embraced her body and swayed around like the lady on the music box. The only thing missing was her calling out for Crispin and Basilio.

 

Bianca ran to her. They hugged each other and jumped as if they were little kids who just got a doll for Christmas. I trailed behind Olly who was walking like Old Granny wanting to prick the girls’ ears for shouting to loud. I’m not quite sure if Granny here is experiencing pre or post-menopausal syndrome.

“Olly, why so bitter? Aren’t you happy for Trisha?” Bianca asked with an accusing voice.

Olly narrowed her eyes in response and the two raised their hands to submit. They don’t stand a chance against the walking bitter megaphone. Na-ah! I broke the silence and invited all of them to go upstairs and discuss everything over breakfast the following day. Luckily, they all agreed with me. Oh Yes! Finally.

 

I was about to turn the door-knob open when the angelic voice we heard earlier became a nuisance.

 

“Guys? Are you still up?” Good Heavens, why now?

 

Becky didn’t make it before the curfew so she had to sleep with us that night. Tired and weary as we were, we didn’t bother to ask and just said yes. Without further ado, we crept upstairs trying not to wake everybody including Bianca’s parents who owned the dormitory. But even how much Olly and I try to make the move as soundless as possible, the three girls behind us just kept on chit-chatting about the so-called date. More like date-saster.

 

However, as I listened to Trisha’s version of the disaster – I meant date, I realized that at least someone was happy that night. At least, whatever misadventures we’ve gone through that day, it all paid off. Knowing that our friend thought it was the best date in her entire life, I felt like I wasn’t carrying the whole world anymore. I felt better.

 

Even better-er when the door to dreamland appeared right before my half-open eyes. Olly pushed the door open. Both of us had zero energy left and Trisha was still busy entertaining our other friends so no one bothered to turn the lights on. The only illumination that helped us walk to our bed was the streak white glow that came from the light post outside. It wasn’t really that helpful since it had struggled against our sash window. So we had no choice but to tap the walls and feel some clues that may lead us to where our bed was.

 

After a few inoffensive slaps courtesy of Olly, I touched something hard and cylindrical. I was sure it was the bedpost so I called for her attention.

 

“Olly, here.”

 

I felt her shoulders touch mine so I guessed she found it too. She whispered something about how happy she was that this day has already ended and I couldn’t have agreed more. We gathered all our energy to prepare our touchdown. I was so excited to feel the soft futon of mine embrace my weary body.

 

“On the count of three.” She started counting. One. Two. Three.

 

Instead of Mr. Softy, hard lumber caught our fall. Our futon was missing! Pain electrocuted my whole body. It became numb, still I was able to turn my head slowly and open my mouth to ask. “Should we get our foam downstairs?”

 

Olly threw me a dagger look and I got the message.

 

“I guess not.” Her loud snore concluded the whole night. I inhaled a large amount of air then followed my best friend to slumber. 
 

The End

 

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed reading this short comic special as I did writing it. But it all ends here. Salama ^^