The Start of Something... Horrible

FriDATE The Thirteenth

FriDate the 13th

October 23, 2011

FrenchSha

 

It was a brisk sunny day; a good one that made us decide to set Bianca up with the School Football Team Captain Marco.

 

June breeze blew its way towards us and swept dreamy Olly’s hair away from her face.

 

“You think it’ll work out?” I heard her ask.

 

I nodded my head thrice as a response; kept my eyes on the six-foot big built profile who just ran across the gridiron, kicked the black spotted ball in a swift and shot another goal. It was Marco, my second cousin. He headed to a heap of gym bags and pulled out a blue bottled water and a white, cottony towel from his. He wiped his soggy face, placed the towel around his neck and sat at the bricked bench. I thought he saw me so I waved my hand recklessly and got his attention. He traversed the field, towards us. He sat with us and gulped the air around us before he told us the most shocking revelation of the day.

 

“Cous’, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want me to tell first?” Of course we chose the bad news, but he preferred to say the good one.

 

“Becks and I, we’ve fixed everything yesterday. We’ve patched up.” It wasn’t really new. Their relationship was like a light switch, on and off, on and off. So it wasn’t a real shocker. Until he told us the bad news.

 

“That leaves no chance for me and your friend.” I wasn’t paying attention. All I heard was no, chance, me, your friend. But I was sure Olly heard it perfectly. We turned to each other, looked straight in the eye, opened our mouth widely and let out the longest earsplitting scream that deafened the whole field. Oh no he did-n’t.

 

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is really short. We passed this story to our teacher and she only had one complaint, that she wanted a religious output. toinks. She should have said that maybe weeks before the deadline, right? And I will put some annotations because this is loosely written in a Filipino point of view and some punchlines may not be understood by the general readers because of it's exclusivity in the Filipino Literature. And I also want to apologize for writing an almost longer author's note than the real chapter. Really sorry.