Shelter

North To South

~5 years later~

 

"Name?"
"Lee Taemin."
"Age?"
"Ei-...Eight"

Jiyong smiled fondly at the small boy in front of him and got down onto his level, "You're such a good boy, now go and join your mom, will you?"
The kid nodded furiously, clutched his little fists around his plush bunny tighter and stormed off.

"Wow, it's been such a long time since you called me a good boy."

 

 

His boyfriends deep voice ripped him out of his ministations, etching a scowl onto his face.

"Please, if you'd for once do what I'd tell you then I'd call you good too."

"You're so mean lately...and you hardly ever pay attention to me in the evening!"

Jiyong rolled his eyes, a smile etched onto his lips, which soon disappeared as he caught sight of the clock.

"Oh my god! You forgot to pick her up again! You're two hours late, you idiot!"

"But, babe, today is-..."

"Shut up! You're impossible! So-..."

 

 

 

"Jiyong!"

Said man froze on the spot, suddenly remembering, 'Right...today is Friday. Stupid, stupid, stupid...'

 

Fast, light footsteps could be heard that ran towards them.

Although Jiyong already knew who was approaching them his heart still skipped a beat as she rounded the corner, hair tied in a cute ponytail, small backpack strapped over her shoulders.

"DADDY!"

 

Jiyong wanted to drop onto the ground, pull her close and never let go of her but Seunghyun beat him to it.

He flung her into the air playfully until she was squealing and giggling in delight.

In the meantime, Miso approached her grandson and lowered her voice as she spoke to him, "What was that before?"

He rubbed the palms of his hands across his face a few times before groaning, "I don't know! I'm just so..."

"Stressed? I can see that. But it's not fair to take it out on him when it's not even his fault. Listen, how about I take care of the shelter tonight and you and Seunghyun go on a bit of a holiday? Just one night out and you'll feel much better, I swear."

Jiyong was about to protest but as soon as he spotted his grandmothers endearing smile all of his resistence melted away and he agreed with a soft, "Okay."

 

 

Miso chuckled and pointed out something behind his back that made his heart clench even more.
Seunghyun and Minhee were completely absorbed in babbling about something, her small fists were tightly holding onto his shirt as if she was afraid to get left behind again.

"Daddy!"

Her yell startled all three of them and Jiyong instantly jogged over to her, taking her into his arms and pressing a kiss to her cheeks while asking, "How have you been, princess?"

"Ah, daddy! Your beard stings!"

He put on a shocked expression before rubbing his stubble and confessing, "I haven't shaved in a few days."

"Four", Seunghyun's cold tone made Jiyong flinch, "It's been four days, Jiyong", then he turned to their daughter an softened, "Minhee, I'm sorry but I still need to do the laundry, but I'll play with you later, okay? Be a good girl."

 

 

 

"Daddy? Why does the other daddy look so sad?"

"Uh, well..."

"Minhee, how about you go and check out who arrived today? There was a sweet boy with them and I'm sure he'd like to play with you."

Before Miso had even finished the sentence the young girl had already dashed off.

"How bad have we become that even our six year old daughter realizes it?"

"Just go and talk to him, I'll stand my ground here."

 

 

 

 

Anxiety was rapidly eating Jiyong alive as he approached their shared, detached part of the shelter.

He paddled through the hall and peeked around the corner, gald that his boyfriend was sitting in the middle of the living room and not locked behind their bedroom door.

"Hey...", the younger softly reached out to his boyfriend and sat down next to him on the floor, who only hummed in acknowledgement.

His hands moved automatically, folding shirts after jeans after shirts, without stopping or looking up once.

Jiyong's heart twisted; even though his partner avoided eye contact he could still see sadness etched onto his face.

"Seunghyun, want to watch a movie ? Or go out to grab a bite? Or just-..."

"A movie sounds good."

A small smile tugged at the edges of Jiyong's mouth, "Good, come on", he promptly got up and pulled Seunghyun into the bedroom with him.

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun sat on the big bed, back rested against the headboard, feet crossed because his lover had ordered him to "sit down comfortably" and this was the most he could do.

He was wearing a pained expression as Jiyong turned around after setting up the dvd-player.

Such an expression that burned a hole into his stomach and welled tears in his eyes but he fought against it.

'He doesn't... Why can't he be relax anymore when I'm around?'

He slipped into the space next to his boyfriend and wriggled around until their arms were pressed against each other.

Warmth, heat, coziness, Seunghyun.

Jiyong had missed simple, carefree touches that would happen automatically as soon as they were near one another so much that he realized a bit too late that he was crying.

 

 

 

An arm was wrapped around him, a simple try to comfort him but it only suffocated him even more.

Seunghyun pulled him close, closer than he's even been in the past week and kissed his hair, whispering into it after he did, "It's going to be okay. Don't cry, sweety."

That was the final cry for the younger and he let out a loud cry, buried his fingers in the silky black hair which belonged to the man he loved and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I thought th-..that you'd hate m-..me."

"And why the hell would I do that?"

Seunghyun had begun rocking both of their bodies, smiling as he felt Jiyong's body wind down in his hold.

"I've been so busy lately..."

"But only because Miso suddenly retired. Firstly, that's not your fault and secondly, I knew that sooner or later you'll have time for me again."

"And Minhee..."

"Ever since we adopted her she was always drawn to you. As soon as you stepped into the room she did everything possible to her to get close to you. Now that you're busy and she was to put up with me she finally accepts me too."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, it's fine now. I know how much you love her, but please don't forget about me as soon as you're free again."

Jiyong straddled his waist as a chuckle broke from him and grinded down, "How could I ever forget about you? I ing love you."

Seunghyun returned his laugh, "I love you too, Jiyong."

 

 

 

 

 

~3 years ago~

"Oh !"

Jiyong let his head fall back, his lips and shut his eyes, unabled of standing the view in front anymore.

"That's good, huh? You're so dirty."

Hell, he'd pluck something into his ears just to shut his mouth.

He sought for hold and found it in form of Seunghyun's sweet abs into which he promptly dug his nails with force.

 

It only spurred the older male on and he continuously rammed into his boyfriend.

"Look at your hole, it's so greedy, swallowing my eagerly."

A shudder travelled through the youngers body and it was hard not to at the sound of that deep, baritone voice.

"So ing sinful."

 

Seunghyun caught hold of Jiyong's , which was slowly turning purple because of the lack of blood circulation.

He it in time with his perfectly aimed s until his lover started begging just the way he loved it, "I can't..! Seunghyun, please! Let me ! I'll be a good boy from now on, I swear!"

The refugee ripped off the ring and grinned in wicked pleasure as Jiyong arched forward, screaming out his .

He spotted the others blissed face and only then he allowed himself to .

 

 

 

 

"Oh god...my !"

Jiyong eyed the stripes across his bottom through the mirror that were of an almost angry red colour.

Seunghyun had one arm tugged beneath his head, watching Jiyong from his safe spot on the bed covered in blankets while the younger whined, "You didn't have to be that rough."

A snort was delivered as an answer and he spun around, pouting sadly.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? Next time if you have a request please tell me in detail and not only throw lone words at my head like you did today."

Though he should have known beforehand that telling him only 'spanking', ' ring' and 'hard' would be a rather bad idea.

 

 

Jiyong was still staring at himself in the mirror and besides complaining because of the bruises he mentally praised every love bite that Seunghyun had left on him.

The door to their room flung open with a heavy thud, almost breaking the wall, and an exited Seungri stormed in.

"Guys! Miso wants you down immediately because-..."

He stopped midsentence to take in the situation he had just stumbled into.

A half Seunghyun laying on the bed and a fully Jiyong standing in the middle of the room, trying to cover his crotch desperately.

"SORRY!", and out he was again.

 

With a frustrated groan Jiyong sunk to the floor, face burning up.

"This is so embarrassing...", he mumbled while Seunghyun came up to him.

"Let's quickly get dressed and join them downstairs. It sounded urgent."

 

 

 

 

 

"A new load arrived?"

Seunghyun asked warily as he scanned the room, filled with unknown people that looked like they had a rough time.

All exhausted, tired and dirty.

"Seems so... Come on", he shortly squeezed his boyfriends hand before leading him through the crowd towards his grandmother.

 

"Ah, Jiyong, Seunghyun!"

The old woman excitedly waved her hand and motioned them to follow her into her small, private room.

"I have a job for you, nothing hard so don't worry. Just...take care of her for me."

She pushed them forward and then they were left alone.

In her bedroom with an ancient looking crib.

 

 

The two lovers shared a short moment of eye contact until Seunghyun shrugged and moved next to the crib, peeking inside.

Jiyong watched in amazement how quickly his lover could change his whole expression.

From curious and agitated to shocked and shaken in under five seconds.

New record.

 

"Just what have they done to you..."

The older man mumbled while he picked up a small bundle, which instantly clung to him as if it belonged there.

He thumbed its cheek a bit before stating, "Jiyong, she's so beautiful."

Said man almost flew through the room out of his newly arisen nosiness but he withdrew as soon as he took in the kids appearance.

Her face and arms were covered in bruises and scratches.

"You...you don't think that they've...you know, touched her?"

"No, but the escape leaves behind traces. Children are no exception, you know that, Jiyong."

He was right. His comment made him think back to all the times children arrived at the shelter beaten and bruised, often even and used. He thought back to all the times those children often didn't survive one single night.

 

 

 

"Come on, let's clean you, Minhee."

Before Jiyong could fully grasp hold of those words Seunghyun was already strutting past, little girl in arm.

"Wait, where are you taking her?"

"To our room. And now be a darling and bring that crib along, will you?"

 

 

"So...we're really going to keep her?"

"Ji, look at her. Of course we will. Minhee is beautiful."

"Wh-...Minhee?"

"Well, I touched her first so I got to name here. No taking back, I've already gotten used to it."

Jiyong broke into a fit of giggles. Seunghyun had really changed.

"Then, let's do this, daddy."

The olders eyes darkened immediately and he smirked, "Oh, I definitely like how that sounds."

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

"Grandma, I want to thank you. Even for forcing Minhee into our arms years ago."

Jiyong leaned against the door frame, his eyes fondly watching his grandmother's every move.

"Jiyong, we've been through this so many times in the past months and I want this to be the last one. My poort heart can't stand this anymore", she clenched the blouse above her heart to emphasize her spoken words.

"I know..."

He really did.
He remembered every single time he sought a helpful advice from her to make it work with Seunghyun again but whenever he did he was back next to her within the next two to three days.
Bad luck was following him constantly until Seunghyun told him to stop acting like a fool, because he wanted the real Jiyong back.

And now he finally had him.

"Miso, will you take care of that little troublemaker tonight?"

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun was more than surprised as Jiyong rudely interrupted his quality time with their daughter, threw her onto his shoulders and carried her off only to return alone a few moments later.

Without speaking the younger dragged him into their bedroom and kissed him passionately as a method to distract him while he ed his shirt.

"I love you...", Jiyong mumbled against every patch of bare skin he came in contact with.

Seunghyun hummed at the admiration he was receiving; it had been months since they've last been with each other in such an intimate way.

 

His boyfriend squealed as he was roughly pushed onto the bed, his clothes taken off along the way.

The older hovered above him and nuzzled his neck before promising, "One day I will fully make you mine, Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

 

 

~

It's done!

Thank you for your amazing support throughout the whole story ^.^

 

Love you : *