Disease and recovery

Kameko to Takeru [on Hiatus for unknown time]

I laid in warm water. Someone held me. I sighed. I felt as if the world cared for me now. Then I woke up. I wasn`t in water but under my blanket. Nobody was hugging me but I felt something warm at my stomach. No, it wasn`t Takeru`s hand but a hot-water bottle. But I realised that someone was laying on the other side of the bed – my bed was a bit wider than usually. However for some reasons it wasn`t Takeru either laying there but Leiko. I realised also now that this wasn`t my bed and also not my blanket I laid under. As I wanted to stand up someone put me down again. It was Takeru. He leaned over me and said:

"You have fever. Leiko told me to put you in her bed `cause she wanted to be with you - she also is kinda ill. Maybe she spoke in fever. But it doesn`t matter. Stay here. I`ll help you two. Okay?"

"Why do you do this for us? I thought after Saturday I would never see you again." I whispered. He shrugged.

"Maybe `cause I fell in love with you?!" he murmered.

"Hm..?" I muttered and fell asleep.


Takeru stood in front of me. Everything around us was dark. "You don`t love me, do you?" he asked looking hurt.

"Yes, I don't. But can`t we be friends?" I answered. Suddenly Takeru was gone and the boys of my class stood in front of me. "Of course we cannot be friends, little dirty emo!" the boy said and they began to beat me again.


"Stop.. stop.. don`t.." I whispered while rolling forth and back.

"Wake up. Wake up!" someone said. I slowly realised where I was and who talked to me. Leiko? No, it was a male voice. Takeru? I immediately opened my eyes and looked into the worried face of just that one.

"You talked while sleeping. It was kinda informative." he said. "But whatever." He put an wet flannel on my forehead and smiled a bit. I closed my eyes.

"Sorry."

It slipped out of my mouth before I could stopped it.

"Never mind. It`s my destiny to love those who hate me."

"You sound like an ... masochist, Takeru."

"Hmm.. I have never seen it like this before. How interesting..."

"I have one question. My sister told me that you were the singer of SuG. Is that true?"

"Sure! Shall I demonstrate? I sing and it will make you feel much better!"

"No! I believe you without any evidence."

But I said it too quietly - or maybe he didn`t want to hear - and he began to sing. He sang an japanese lullaby which was only beautiful. I was touched by the first sound. How could such a person sang like that? While he sang I had my eyes closed and slowly slipped over to sleep.

This time I didn`t dream anything. I only felt this warm feeling and endless calmness. As I woke up again I smelt soup.

"What`s that?" I asked rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"Soup, what else? I cooked it. Eat. Open your mouth!" Takeru said. I did as told and ate up the whole soup. It was really delicious. I was quite surprised.

"So I guess it wasn`t that bad, hm?" Takeru asked smiling at me. I rolled with my eyes.

"That was an definitive `yes`!" he said pointing at me. He looked so funny at that moment that I began to laugh. Takeru looked perplexed at me.

"What the-"

"You.. you`re soo funny!" I gasped and held my belly. I couldn`t stop.

"Hey!" he said but when I still laughed he began to smile, grin and laugh, too, in the end. We still laughed as Leiko woke up.

"Hm.. Kameko.. leave my room." she told us quietly and really sleepy. I still giggled when I left her room and went over to mine. Takeru followed me, still grinning, too. As we reached my room I put myself onto my bed and Takeru sat down on my desk chair. Then his smile dropped slowly. I saw it.

"What`s up?" I asked.

"Eh, nothing."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

Yes!"