Leiko's change

Kameko to Takeru [on Hiatus for unknown time]

The next morning I woke up at the couch next to Leiko. Sleepily I just looked at her puzzled. I never fell asleep before while watching something with her. Not even before our parent's accident. While I kept looking at the sleeping face of my sister she slowly woke up. All the paleness and the symptoms of her being ill were gone by now and she just looked fine. Then she looked up and into my eyes.

"What are you staring at so intensely? Whatever it is, stop staring at me like that. It's creepy. Ah, by the way, can you make breakfast, please? I actually have to go somewhere important and yeah." she said and looked at me. I just kept staring at her, being completely frozen. Did she just ask me to do breakfast instead of her normal commanding? What in bloody hell is going on with her? While I just sat there she stood up and waved a hand in front of me.

"Hey, are you okay? Is something wrong? Should we take you to a hospital or something?" she asked. And she sounded concerned. I snapped out of my trance.

"No, I just .. I was just amazed seeing you being nice to me and concerned.. and who the hell are you and where is my sister?"

"Really? Did I change? Didn't notice. When you excuse me now, I have to get ready. Ah, and when you don't have anything else to do, hang out with Takeru the whole day please. He can protect you.. and the band members, too.. I hope. Well.." then she disappeared to the bathroom and left me alone. I was still  a little surprised by this sudden change of behavior but nonetheless got into the kitchen like every other morning and prepared the breakfast. A while later she came and we ate in silence together. As she was nearly out of the door she turned around again and said:

"Thanks for breakfast!" She waved and disappeared. While I was still wondering what just happened I happened to look at a clock. It was late.. damn late. I hurriedly ran to the bathroom and got ready. As I walked out of the front door I was late but today I had to accept it and still go to school. When I reached the school gate it was already closed. I looked around to maybe see someone - there was none - and climbed over the fence next to the gate. I looked around and when I found no teacher lingering around to catch late students - that just showed just how late I was - I sneaked into the school building. Then I began to run. Finally in front of my classroom it was nearly time for the second lesson. I hide as the teacher walked out and walked into the now loud classroom afterwards. I lowered my head and walked to my back row seat. At first I sat there undisturbed by everybody. Then the boy and his gang recognized that I was there and just as he wanted to come towards me luckily the next teacher went in. They sat down at there seats again shooting me glares. As the day went on, I managed to get through it without being hurt due to the fact that I stayed behind and asked the teachers questions and sticking to them the whole break. They looked a little annoyed though I never left their side until the next class. But as school was over I ran out of luck. I stayed behind everybody and when I left the school building he and his gang waited for me outside the school gate. They looked around to see if anybody was watching them and then took me to the next indecent and undisturbed place they could find: a small alleyway between two houses. They didn't say a word because it was too close to school but they still hit me while covering my mouth. I didn't know when it stopped but I laid at the ground some while later in massive pain again. It took some time to stand up and get out of the alley. I slung my nearly forgotten bag over my shoulders and slouched towards the next bus stop. People were giving me weird looks but none offered any help. Not that I had expected help but why can't they be a little more.. helpful? I sighed and kept walking. At least the bus came nearly at the time I was at the bus station. When I finally stood in front of my house it started to get dark. I searched through my bag for my keys and didn't find them. I searched again and again and again. They weren't there. Panic began to flood through my body. Where are they? I rang the bell and waited, still thinking about my missing keys. A humming sound appeared and the front door opened. I stepped inside and walked up the stairs to my floor. At our flat's door stood Leiko, worried and with over her chest crossed arms.

"Why are you so late? Do you even know how worried I was? And why where you ringing the bell when you have a key?" she immediately asked. I looked at her slightly annoyed and answered:

"Had stuff to do, sorry. And I didn't know that you were worried. You actually never were. Also I rang the bell because I couldn't find my key. Okay?" With that I stepped inside the flat and walked towards my door cautiously not wanting to show my injuries. And thankfully she didn't catch up. When I reached my room and opened the door, she shouted:

"Oh, yeah, forgot that. Takeru came by and is in your room now! When you don't want to talk to me, talk to him at least instead!" I peeked inside and found Takeru on my bed reading some magazine which obviously wasn't mine at all. He looked up as I stepped inside and left the door opened.

"She's right. Why are you so late?" he stood up and came towards me. As he put his hands on my shoulders I stiffened.

"Did something happen again?" he asked while his hands slid down my arms. But as I shook my head he grabbed them. I inhaled sharply and his eyes nearly twitched. He pulled down my fabric jacket under which I wore a t-shirt and discovered bruises all over my arms. He began to quiver from anger and said dangerously low:

"Why.. the hell.. didn't you say something?" I shrugged. Then he dragged me to Leiko.

"What is - WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???" Leiko screamed the last part as she saw my bruises. She ran into the bathroom and came back with a rescue cream in her hands. Then she squeezed the tube and put some cream on my bruises. She kept mumbling stuff like "what the hell happened?" and "why didn't she talk to me about it?" When she was finished I sighed.

"I'm sorry that I haven't told you before but.. I just.. didn't want you.... to... worry." I said getting quieter and quieter at the end.

"But that's what a sister is for, Kameko. Just tell me and then there isn't such a kerfuffle. [A/N: Sorry, I just had to use this word, isn't it gorgeous? XP]" I just nod. But then Takeru drew all the attention to himself.