EPILOGUE

CHARMED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every story is beautiful but ours is my favorite.

I stepped into the beautiful scenery of Santorini, Greece from the top view of our hotel room and sighed.

“It’s beautiful but it’s hot,” I said.

“Look who’s talking,” Jae reminded with dazzling eyes.

I rolled my eyes, nudging him in the side. “You are so corny…”

He laughed. “Hey, now…name calling isn’t nice, Angel.”

I laughed back. “Take me to the beach below! It’s time to get this vacation started.”

He took my hand in his and I followed him excitedly. I received the trip as a gift last Christmas but Jae and I decided to take the trip after my graduation. It was one heck of an experience. At one point, I was sad that my parents weren’t able to be with me on my graduation day but then I was also happy because I’ve got a new family who were present on one of the most important events of my life. Jae, Daniel, Junsu, Bom, Yamapi, Hayami, CL and her boyfriend Yoochun, who I just met that day, attended the event for me.

I didn’t see my parents smiling faces in the stand but I did see different ones there and they were happy for me as I reached another milestone. Even Jae’s dad sent his congratulatory message. As for the brothers’ relationship with their father, I think it was improving a little each day. I wasn’t sure if it will be 100% okay but it was getting better – a work in progress.

When it came to his world, Jae decided that it would be better if I’m not involved with what was going on in it as much as possible. He still had days were he needed to do something that I was sure I was against with but he always made it a point to share it with me afterwards. The ‘no more secret’ thing between us seemed to worked out even if some of the things he told me didn’t bode well with me.

I guessed Jae’s father was right when he talked to me before. I could never stop Jae from being who and what he really was. And honestly, I really didn’t want to change him or ask him to be different than who he really was. From that, I’ve learned to deal with everything involving him. I’ve learned to separate my world to his. And I’ve learned to never compare him from anyone else especially those in my world.

Of course our relationship wasn’t always endless sunshine but Jae and I learned from our mistakes before. Every single argument, we tried our best to deal without walking away from each other. And so far, it worked well for the both of us.

As we reached the most lower part of the magnificent Santorini beach, I felt my mouth drop open as I took in my surroundings. Every color was intensified in a way it wasn’t back home. The water was crystal clear, the colors of the boats and houses were vibrant. Even the sky looked so beautiful.

Jae leaned down to press a kiss to my temple and I smiled at him.

If there was one thing that changed between me and Jae, it was how he acted around me sometimes. Lately, Jae had been very cautious of how he explained things to me. He didn’t push it or insisted on anything like before. He seemed restrained at times and I didn’t like that at all. I tried to make things easy for him but with my busy schedule, I didn’t get a chance to talk with him about it.

I guessed now would be the perfect time for that.

BM: Love Me Harder by (Cover Sofia Karlberg) - https://youtu.be/tybded_x7us

“So what do you think?” he asked.

“It’s amazing, Jae,” I breathed out. “I can’t wait to get into that water.”

“Soon we will, Angel,” he promised.

I watched him as he took in the surrounding as well. He seemed distracted. I looped my arms around his waist as I looked up at him.

“Jae…”

“Angel,” he said as he looked down with a frown. “Is there something wrong?”

See what I mean by being cautious…

I shook my head slowly and smiled. “No. Everything’s perfect but…I like to say something to you.”

“Anything, Angel,” he replied.

“I don’t want things to change between us, Jae.”

He frowned. “What makes you think that?”

“Well I noticed how you tend to hold back sometimes especially when we’re arguin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter