Connection

CHARMED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Never need to read your mind when your soul speaks the same language as mine.

“What do you like to drink, babe?” asked Junsu over the table Bom found by sheer luck.

“I’ll take star martini, babe,” Bom giggled.

She was definitely ready for drunk night fest while I was already missing my bed at home.

“How about you, Dara?”

“Water, please,” I answered. Bom and Junsu frowned at me.

“What? I asked them.

“I’m not getting you water,” Junsu replied.

“I can’t drink, Su,” I explained as I rolled my eyes. “You do know that this is supposed to be my job interview, right?

What the hell are these 2 crazies thinking? I would never get a job if I was slurring all throughout the interview.

“Dara, this isn’t your typical job interview so order a drink to calm your nerves.”

I looked Bom who was wiggling on her barstool as she moved to the beat of the music in the club.

“Fine. I’ll get what this crazy girlfriend of yours ordered,” I said.

Bom’s eyes popped open and a bright smile lit her pretty face as Junsu asked the bartender for our drinks.

“You’re having a drink?! Oh My God! I think hell just froze over.”

I raised my brows. “You’re so dramatic, Bom.

“I want to dance,” she suddenly said. She was giving me a whiplash with this conversation.

“Uh, shouldn’t you wait for Junsu to get back?” I asked as she slid down the bar stool, pulling down her short dress.

“Nope. Why would I?”

“Well, Bom, he’s your,” I sighed gloomily. “Nevermind. Go have fun. I’ll wait for Junsu and our drinks.”

“Okay,” she replied as she kissed me on the cheek. “Love you! Do well later!”

“Yeah, I will,” I said and shooed her away.

She was dancing as she moved to the middle of the room. I had no idea how Junsu kept up with her. She was absolutely insane – a lovable insane person. Honestly, I didn’t even know how I was able to keep up with her through the years. Bom was a piece of work – but sometimes it was the effort you put into loving that made it so preciously beautiful. She was brutally honest to the point of hurtful but she was loyal beyond all expectation and she was worth all the effort I had to extend into our friendship.

CLUB MUSIC: DJ GOT US FALLING IN LOVE BY USHER http://youtu.be/C-dvTjK_07c

Junsu arrived at our table and put 2 glasses on our table – one for Bom and for myself. My eyes narrowed at him.

“Where’s yours?” I asked.

“I’m the designated driver tonight,” Junsu answered as she slid across the table. “Just drink.”

“Junsu…”

“Dara, if you have any hope of landing this job with Jae interviewing you then you got to loosen up. If Daniel then I wouldn’t offer you anything like this but Jae is rough. There’s no way you could take him sober especially on your first meeting. You need this for courage.”

I rolled my eyes. “So I keep hearing. I’m starting to feel like I don’t want to be interviewed anymore by this Jae.”

“Then listen to me,” Junsu said. “I know the ‘gods’ here, okay? If it’s Daniel you’re facing I wouldn’t worry but it just so happen that tonight it’s Jae. And he’s not into bull and he doesn’t give second chances. He doesn’t fall for sad stories even if it’s true. Either he think you’ll do good or he won’t. So you’ve got one shot to impress him.”

“Do you really think he’s the one doing the interview tonight? Don’t they have, uh, HR head here?”

Junsu’s eyes traveled behind me, across the floor to where Bom was probably dancing.

“I was told that Daniel will be here tonight that’s why I asked you to come. I didn’t know it will be Jae,” he said but his eyes were still behind my back.

“My guy says you’ve got a girl for me, Junsu,” a smooth, y voice sounded from behind me and I immediately froze.

Junsu was still looking behind me. He looked like he was having a stare-down contest with the man behind me. I knew that man stood behind me because I could feel him. The atmosphere seemed to change around me – violently – or as what everyone had said so far. His voice was smooth, a bit familiar, y even, but it sent shivers down my spine. I was suddenly nervous of turning around. Junsu was wrong, sipping this cocktail drink didn’t help to calm my nerves.

But there was something else too. I didn’t feel scared. I was nervous, sure, but not scared as I initially thought. Something about his presence now made me feel as though…I am completely safe. I knew it was weird and I couldn’t explain it myself but that was what I was feeling at the moment.

“Yeah,” Junsu said. I looked at Junsu nervously.

I really didn’t want to turn. I wasn’t scared but I was a nervous wreck. I wasn’t even sure why. Maybe because of the things I heard about him or that I wasn’t really comfortable meeting this person. I mean, what if he really was mean as they all said? What if he made my skin crawl like that man at the back door?

“Well,” the man’s tone rumbled close behind me.

Junsu nodded toward me. “She’s a friend. Her name’s Dara.”

When I still didn’t make a move to face him, he sighed heavily. Junsu was looking at me with wide eyes like I was insane and that I should acknowledge the guy’s presence. I knew I was blowing the interview but I couldn’t move. I was freaking out inside and my body was somehow paralyzed because of it. It got worse when the man – the Jae – that Junsu said leaned into me.

I felt his nearness as though there was an invisible string connecting me to him. He moved in and I became aware. My legs were somehow shaking and I was thankful that I was sitting on the barstool.

The man’s warm breath brushed against my cheek as he reached around me for my knee. My eyes were still set on Junsu’s when I felt a hand grasp tight above my knee and pull. My swivel barstool spun and I found myself facing a hard chest.

My eyes slowly took in his body before I found his face and my heart stopped as he looked at me in disbelief.

When he didn’t speak, I said the only thing that pop out in my head.

Mr. Devilishly Sinful

“You’re Jae? The Jae?”

He cocked his head to the side. “And you’re Dara.”

Did he not remember me from the parking lot?

My heart fell into the darkest pit of my stomach as I realized that the guy I was dreaming about and the guy in front of with a bad rep was one in the same. And for him not to remember me, that was a huge blow to my ego.

“You’re looking for a job, Dara?”

I nodded, trying not to feel disappointed. “I am.”

Jae shifted. He looked bored, but I knew he was watching my every move attentively.

“Do you know how to work behind a bar?”

“Well, I…”

Junsu spoke in my defense. “I talked to Daniel about her, Jae. Dara’s never worked behind a bar before much less been to club like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter