Unexpected

CHARMED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the unexpected that changes our lives.

DAEJEON - EULJI INVERSITY CAMPUS RESIDENT AREA - APARTMENT 1112

"Are you working tonight?" Bom asked.

"Yes," I said then sighed. "I work every night this week."

"Really?" she asked, sounded stressed. "Dara, you're going to burn out."

"I have to work," I reminded her. "If I don't then I won't have a place to live soon."

"You could stay with me," she grinned and wiggled her eyebrow. "You know you want to anyway."

I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

"There's no way I'm living with you. I don't think 3 people couild fit in your dorm room. But you know you can transfer here with me."

She shook her head.

"You know I can't do that. I've been sentenced to dorm life because my dad thinks it's too expensive to rent an apartment on campus. He told me that my tuition fee is expensive enough already and dorm can keep me away from trouble or so he thinks."

My best friend Bom middle name is trouble. With her addiction to clothes and her easy smile, she was a boy magnet and she loved every minute of it. Too bad to her admirers though, she was completely head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Kim Junsu.

Bom and Junsu met during our 1st year in college while Bom had been my best friend since the 1st orientation 3 years ago. Both of us were lost around campus so we decided to help each other in familiarizing ourselves with the place and we've been inseperable ever since.

"I have to go to class," she pouted."Let me know when you're free and we'll go do something in the land of the living. God, you really need one, that's for sure."

"Fine," I replied as we split up.

Some might think that Bom didn't look smart because she was too pretty. but she was. She wanted to be a doctor while I was going for my bachelors in comparative literature.

I'd been back to campus for 3 weeks now and most people who knew me here had complete sympathy of what just happened to my parents. Before everything went upside down, I never paid much attention to how other students here pay their way just to get a good education. My parents spoiled me as an only child but now with ₩1,000,000 rent bill, ₩8.24 Million school fee and the fact that I was saving for my final semester was killing me. I was so stressed out and my GPA were suffering.

As I sat through my classes for the day, I tried to organize my budget plan so I could manage my money well. I'd gotten a job at one an exclusive spa near campus but the salary barely kept me afloat. My apartment rent was killing me but school semester had started already and there weren't many single apartments left for rent. I was having problem about it because I needed a roommate. My parents paid for it before so it wasn't much of an issue. Now, though, it was. I'd tried my best to budget everything but I still didn't have enough money to buy groceries - let alone to indulge in something as trivial as my social life.

By the end of this month I was so sure that I would either die of starvation or that I might just snapped out mentally. Either way, I was doomed.

***

"Ms. Sandara Park," Professor Lee Soon-Jae called out when class was over. "Please see me before you leave."

I frowned and wondered what in the world he could want with me. I didn't even know he knew me considering the number of students in this class. Never before he had approached me. I wasn't failing, not yet and I alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter