Chapter 2

In the Car

 

“Everything is ready?” Seohyun asked Luhan as he put the Santa outfit on the bed. He nodded at her.

“Their presents?” He pointed to a sack next to him and Seohyun went to him. “It’s almost twelve now. You can get ready. They’re waiting for you.” She reminded him.

Luhan and Seohyun decided to make a surprise for their boys. The boys told them that they wanted to meet Santa and they will wait until the Santa comes. However, Luhan and Seohyun aren’t fond with their boys to sleep late. After thinking for awhile, Seohyun thought that Luhan will become the Santa instead.

Luhan wore the red pants and jacket with the help of Seohyun. She helped him to apply the white mustache and beard near his mouth while he put the hat on. Seohyun stepped backward to take a look of Luhan in Santa outfit.

“Hahaha!” Seohyun laughed loudly while clapping her hands. Luhan frowned with her reaction. It must looks so bad that she laughed so hard.

“You look so funny. I can’t stand it. I think they’re going to laugh at you.” She can’t stop laughing while looking at him.

Luhan looked at himself in the mirror. Even he thinks he looks so ugly in this outfit. The jacket is too big for him. That’s why he looks so funny. Santa usually a fat old man but of course his sons wouldn’t believe it and they will laugh at him.

Seohyun came with a pillow. She unbuckled the belt and put the pillow inside the jacket making it look like the real Santa. She pulled the belt hardly to make sure that it is tight. Luhan felt like he was suffering once Seohyun put the pillow. Seohyun took a look once again.

Just like before, she laughs again. “Sir, when are you going to give birth?” Seohyun playfully rubbed Luhan’s ‘tummy’ just like how people usually rubbed on pregnant tummy. Luhan glared at her making her giggled with her hand still rubbing his ‘tummy’.

Oppa, I think you should get ready now. I will go downstairs with the boys.” Seohyun tried to kiss Luhan but the mustache and beard disturbing them. Luhan pulled the beard and kissed Seohyun.

Luhan tried to reach the sack that filled with the boys’ presents but the pillow making him unable to bend his body. “Joohyun, a little help here.” He asked Seohyun for help but she wanted to laugh while looking at his position.

He walked with her to the door. He so struggled to walk even for one step. “Seriously oppa, you walk like a pregnant woman. You should give the boys a dongsaeng.” Seohyun giggled while walked outside the room hurriedly to avoid Luhan’s glare.

 


 

The clock twelve indicating a new day has come and it’s Christmas Day! “Merry Christmas!” Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun screamed. Seohyun sprayed the fake snow upwards making it look like a snow coming down. The boys were totally enjoyed with the fake snow in their house.

Seohyun took a peek at the door of the living room. Luhan should come down now to surprise them. Where is he?

Suddenly, someone appeared at the door of the living room; red jacket, pants and hat with a white mustache and beard as well as a big tummy. He bought a red sack along with him. He is a Santa.

“Ho! Ho! Ho!” Santa cheered making the boys stopped from what are they doing and stared deeply to him. Slowly, all the three boys stepped backwards once the Santa stepped into the living room. Seohyun asked them who is that but they stood behind her back.

“I have a presents for you.” Luhan started to get close with them but they looked at him in fear. Luhan opened the sack and took a pair of shoes. “Whose shoe is this?” He asked them in a happy tone but none of them opened their mouth.

“This is for you, Taemin.” Luhan gave the shoes to Taemin. Taemin is still hesitated whether to take it or not. He took it but still hiding behind Seohyun’s back.

Luhan took another pair of shoes and showed it to them. “What about this one?” He asked Jongin and Sehun.

Eomma!” Sehun looked like he wants to cry.

Luhan gave the shoes to Jongin. Jongin took it but didn’t say anything. He took a look at the shoes. At least, the shoes will make him distract about the Santa in front of him.

Luhan took the last shoes and gave it to Sehun. “These are yours.” Sehun didn’t want to take it. He hid behind Seohyun. “Why, Sehun? This one is for you.” Seohyun took Sehun’s hand to let him take the shoes but he screamed. Then, Luhan touched his hands making Sehun startled and eventually burst into tears while leaving the living room. Taemin and Jongin saw Sehun ran while crying and they began to run and cry as well.

Luhan and Seohyun were dumbfounded with their sons’ reaction after they see the Santa. They wanted to meet him but they ran away. Luhan pulled the beard with a worried expression. “They looked so scared, Joohyun. What should I do?”

Seohyun had no idea that they will get scare with Luhan. She thought that they probably will be happy because they finally met the Santa or they will laugh and recognize their father behind that outfit.

Seohyun went to the boys and consoled them. “What’s wrong? Are you scared?” The boys nodded and didn’t stop crying.

Luhan watched them from the door with a sad gaze. He felt guilty. He wanted to make them happy but he scared them instead. He felt like he is a monster for scaring them like that.

He walked towards them but they cried loudly until Seohyun pointed out that the Santa is their father. Luhan pulled the beard to show his face to them but they didn’t stop crying.

Oppa, take off that outfit.” Seohyun requested. Luhan immediately removed the outfit and went to them. This time, they didn’t avoid him. He took Sehun in his arms and Sehun hugged him tightly. Luhan and Seohyun were regret with their idea. They thought this idea would make them happy.

After that happened, all five of them slept at the living room since the sofa can be transformed into a bed and there will be a lot of space for them to sleep. Luhan looked at them with a sad gaze. He thought that he is the worst father right now.

“Did you feel guilty?” Seohyun asked him who was caressing Sehun’s hair. Luhan nodded. Of course, he felt guilty. He scared his own sons.

“I feel like I’m a monster.” He let out his frustration.

Oppa, don’t blame yourself. It’s my fault. I gave the idea to you.” She said with a sad tone. “Kids, we’re sorry for frightening you.”

 


 

Mr. and Mrs. Lu are getting prepared for Christmas dinner at night. Luhan invited all EXO friends to join as well and they all came early to help. Although Mrs. Lu said that the maid will prepare all of them but they wanted to help them.

While Mrs. Lu was inspecting the kitchen, she realized that something is missing; a Christmas cake. She looked at the clock and there’s no time for them to prepare a cake. She had no choice but to buy a Christmas cake. But, are they any bakery that opens today?

She went to Luhan and asked him to buy a tiramisu and a cake. She also told him to buy a roll cake as well if it’s available but it must be a Christmas theme. Luhan frowned when his mother asked him to buy these things. He’s very lazy to go out and now he has to find three things for dinner tonight.

While Seohyun was cutting some vegetables, she felt like she needs to go to the toilet. She told Sunyoung that she will go to the toilet and Jinri offered to help her to continue cutting the vegetables.

Seohyun ran to the room and went inside the toilet. Before she’s doing her ‘business’, she looked at herself in the mirror and her eyes landed to a rectangular box that was placed on the rack. She took the box and it is a pregnancy test kit.

She didn’t know why but her mind seems to tell her to do the test. She placed her hand against her tummy. Shall she do the test or not? They did it last month; will it show a positive result? She decided to test it. It’s not hurt to try, right?

Seohyun waited for the result to come out and the result surprised her. It is positive! She squealed and jumped lightly after seeing the result. She rushed to go downstairs to tell everyone that she’s pregnant.

“Mom! Look at this! Look at this!” She shouted upon entering the kitchen. Mrs. Lu and the maids startled with a sudden screaming from Seohyun. Seohyun showed her mother-in-law the pregnancy test kit. Mrs. Lu covered in shock and hugged Seohyun tightly. “Congratulation, Seohyun! I’m so happy.” Mrs. Lu eyes brimmed in tears. She is so happy. This is not her first grandchild but it felt like she’s getting a first grandchild in her life.

“What happened, Seohyun?” Amber asked her after witnessing the two happy people.

Seohyun turned to them with an overjoyed look. “I’m pregnant.” She said it proudly.

The maids’ mouth wide opened in shock with happy news. They congratulated her and told her to take some rest and even asked her to leave the kitchen. Seohyun whined when Mrs. Lu pushed her out from the kitchen.

“What’s going on?” Mr. Lu asked with his eyebrow raised after looking at the weird behavior of his wife and daughter-in-law.

“You know what! We’ll going to have another grandchild soon!” Mrs. Lu said with a joy.

“Huh? Are you sure?” Mr. Lu asked his wife confusedly. Mrs. Lu nodded happily.

“I didn’t know that you can still get pregnant. At this age?” Mr. Lu said in disbelief. Mrs. Lu and Seohyun’s eyes widened when he thought that Mrs. Lu is pregnant.

Mrs. Lu hit Mr. Lu’s head. “It’s not me. It’s Seohyun!” She corrected him. Mr. Lu looked at her in shock. “Really?” Seohyun showed the kit to him. Mr. Lu hugged her and he was so happy.

“Everyone listen! My daughter-in-law is pregnant!” Mr. Lu announced with a very loud voice and he looked so proud of it.

EXO were shocked as well but later they congratulated her. Taemin, Jongin and Sehun were confused with all of them. Why are they so happy?

“Why everyone is so happy?” Taemin asked Suho because he had no idea what’s going on now.

Suho pinched Taemin’s cheek. “You’re going to get a dongsaeng soon.” Hearing the word dongsaeng, Jongin and Sehun turned to Suho. “Really?” Three of them went to Seohyun and asked their mother once again. “Are we going to get a dongsaeng?” Seohyun nodded at them.

“Where? Where is it? Where’s our dongsaeng?” They asked exuberantly. They couldn’t wait to meet their dongsaeng.

Seohyun placed her hands on her tummy. “Your dongsaeng is here.”

Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun looked at each other. They were confused. Sehun came to Seohyun and put his hands on her tummy like he wants to whisper to the baby. Dongsaeng-ah, what are you doing inside? Come out!” Everyone chuckled to see Sehun’s cute action.

“Oh, where’s Luhan oppa?” Seohyun noticed that Luhan wasn’t there. He must be very happy if he knows this. “I asked him to buy cakes for dinner. Looks like he’s missing this exciting news.” Mrs. Lu told her.

“How about you don’t tell him about this, Seohyun. Let he finds it himself.” Mr. Lu suggested. Seohyun didn’t understand why her father-in-law wants her to do that. She really wants to share this news to Luhan.

“You’re right. Let’s trick him. Don’t tell him about this, Seohyun. Let him finds out. I bet once he knows that you’re pregnant, he will tell everyone. We will give a no reaction to him and he will probably wonder why. It’s because we know the news already. I really love to do this to him. He used to trick us when he was young and now it is payback time.” Mrs. Lu explained in confident.

Seohyun thought that this might be a good idea. Who told him not to be here when she announced this? But there would be a lot of problem for her to hide this. “How long should I hide this? What if someone told him? These kids will tell him for sure.” Seohyun worried if the prank would be failed.

“Will you promise to us that you won’t tell your appa that your eomma is pregnant?” Mr. Lu asked his grandsons. They nodded at him and raised their pinky as their promise. “Good. No one shall tell Luhan about this and don’t mention anything about her pregnancy in front of him. Do you get it?” Everyone nodded.

“About your first question, maybe you can hide it until you feel like you’re having a morning sickness. It’s a common symptom for pregnancy. He will know it.” Mrs. Lu answered her question.

“But what if oppa wants to-to-” Seohyun wanted to ask something but she was so embarrassed.

As if her mother-in-law could read her mind, she told her not to worry about it. “Your father will handle this.” She pointed to Mr. Lu. “If he wants to do it, just do it. It’s okay. It won’t harm the baby; just make sure that you’re comfortable with the position.” Seohyun blushed when her mother-in-law talked about that in front of EXO. “You can reject him. Tell him that you’re having your period.” She is really unaware that EXO was there.

 


 

Luhan came back after he finally managed to find the cakes. It’s really hard for him because all the bakeries closed today. Luckily, there’s one that still opened. Actually, that one was about to close but he managed to enter before the worker turned the sign.

Once he’s back, he felt odd that everyone seemed to treat Seohyun like a queen or something. He didn’t like it when she’s around EXO happily while he has to suffer himself under the cold weather just to buy cakes. She was playing a video game with them.

Luhan sat next Seohyun and he took away Seohyun’s controller. Everyone turned to Luhan bewilderedly. He looked so mad at Seohyun. Hyung! Let nuna play. She almost wins the game. Look, she lost!” Chen groaned along with others after Seohyun lost the game.

Seohyun sighed in defeated and pouted when she lost. “Don’t make that face. It won’t work.” Luhan said in firm tone. Seohyun turned her face to the other side with a frown. She’s mad at him. “Look, hyung. Seohyun is mad.” Lay told Luhan.

“I’m the one who supposed to get mad now. How could you having fun with my friends when I’m not around?” Luhan grumbled at her.

“We want to make her happy.” Kris replied for her.

Luhan frowned when Kris answered. “So you’re happy to be with them?” He asked Seohyun again. She didn’t turn to him at all.

“Okay, we get it, Luhan!” Xiumin couldn’t stand anymore. He turned to Seohyun. “Go to your room and discuss with him, okay?” Xiumin said in a soft tone but Seohyun didn’t move and she pouted again. Then, he turned to Luhan. “You, take her to your room and talk to her softly. Don’t raise your voice to her. If I hear that you scold her, you’re dead!” Xiumin warned Luhan strictly.

Luhan wondered why his best friend scolded him like that. He took Seohyun’s hand and dragged her. “Don’t drag her. Walk slowly!” Xiumin reminded Luhan. Before that, he mouthed to Seohyun do not tell him about her pregnancy.

Xiumin sighed at Luhan’s behavior. “Luckily he is our friend. If not, I will smack him for sure.” Everyone agreed with Xiumin.

“But you can do that. He’s our friend. There’s nothing wrong to smack him.” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder. What Kyungsoo said is right. Why Xiumin didn’t just smack Luhan’s stupid head just now? He missed that chance.

 


 

During the dinner, Luhan sat beside Seohyun and he did not allow anyone to sit beside her. Meanwhile, Mr. Lu sat in between Seohyun and Mrs. Lu. Luhan made a condition to Seohyun that she should treat him special during dinner and gave her first preference to him. Seohyun agreed with that.

Luhan nudged Seohyun’s arm and told her that he wants a kimbap. Kimbap was placed far away from them and she asked Chanyeol to pass the kimbap to her. Chanyeol extended his arms to give a plate of kimbap to Seohyun but Mr. Lu was fast enough to take it before Seohyun.

“You want a kimbap, Seohyun?” Mr. L took a piece and placed it on her plate.

Seohyun pointed to Luhan. “Actually, Luhan oppa wants it.”

Hearing Luhan’s name, Mr. Lu gave the plate of kimbap to him. Luhan blinked when his father gave the plate to him. Seohyun was about to take the plate but her hands were pried by Mr. Lu. “Take it yourself. You have two hands but none of them functioned to take this plate?” Mr. Lu mocked at Luhan.

Luhan took the plate with a frown. Everyone at the dining hall was trying to suppress their laughter including the maids and the butlers at the kitchen.

Luhan noticed that everyone paid a lot of attention to Seohyun even the maids and the butlers. They treated her like a queen but treated him like a crap. Every time Seohyun asked him what he wants, Mr. and Mrs. Lu told Seohyun that Luhan should take it on his own.

What is wrong with them?

 

 

 

 

 


100 subscribers already? Thank you so much!!! I love you all!!