Chapter 5

In the Car

 

Seohyun couldn’t sleep that night and she didn’t know why. She closed her eyes but still couldn’t sleep. She took a glance at Luhan who was sleeping peacefully on her neck with his hand on Seohyun’s big tummy. The clock twelve indicating a new day has come and it will be her ninth month of her pregnancy. That means she will give birth anytime soon.

She closed her eyes again to try to sleep. Suddenly, a frown appeared on her face. She touched her tummy and whimpered in pain. Luhan woke up when he heard Seohyun’s whimper. He surprised to see Seohyun in pain.

“Joohyun, what’s wrong?” He worried to see her like this. He removed the blanket and gasped when the bed is wet. “Joohyun, I think your water broke!” He shrieked in panic.

Luhan quickly got off from the bed and helped Seohyun to get off from the bed. He decided to take her to the hospital.

They went out from the room. Luhan hoped that the boys didn’t hear Seohyun’s wail. He stopped when they were in front of the stairs. He wanted to carry Seohyun but afraid that they would fall. In the end, he held her tightly and helped to climb down the stairs slowly.

 


 

Luhan sped his car to the hospital. He needs to reach to the hospital as fast as possible because he couldn’t stand to hear Seohyun’s screaming. She was sitting at the back seat; screaming while clutching her tummy.

Oppa, stop the car!” Seohyun commanded. Luhan confused when she told him to stop the car. He asked why but she shouted at him. “Just stop the car!”

Luhan stopped the car and hopped to the back seat. “What’s wrong, Joohyun?” He asked her in worried. He hoped nothing bad will happen. He needs to take her to the hospital like now.

Seohyun didn’t say anything but she hugged him and panted very hard. When she felt the pain, she screamed near Luhan’s ear. Luhan jumped in shock when she’s screaming loudly in his ear. He let go of her and poked his ear. He felt like his ear going to become deaf soon.

“Joohyun, we need to go to hospital now. Our baby girl will come soon.” He convinced her but she held Luhan’s arm very hard.

He lied her down and caressed her head. “I will make sure that you are fine.” He was about to go back to the driver seat but she grasped his wrist tightly. “Please stay with me.” She begged.

He shook his head but hearing her cried, he couldn’t bear to leave her alone. Now, he is with her and who’s going to take them to the hospital? It’s 2 a.m. now. His parents must be deep in sleep. He didn’t want to disturb their sleeping time since they just back from company’s dinner party.

Seohyun screamed again and grip a handful of Luhan’s hair. Luhan yelped when Seohyun grip his hair very hard. He held her wrist to remove her hand from his head but it’s really hard. She was really strong. He could feel that his hair going to fall off from his head.

Luhan heaved a relief sigh when she let go of his hair. He rubbed his head and felt a little bit dizzy because she moved his head while gripping his hair.

There’s no other way for him to take her to the hospital. “Joohyun, I need to make a call. Please wait for a while.” He told her before he went out from the car but she gripped his shirt telling her not to leave her. “It’s just for a while. I will come back very fast.”

He went out from his car and let the door opened. He walked towards the back of the trunk and took out his phone from his pocket. He dialed the number and waited for the answer. He could hear Seohyun’s never ending screaming in the car. It hurts him so much.

“Hello! This is Luhan. Joohyun is going to deliver now and I couldn’t go to hospital because she wants me to be with her. Is Dr. Zhang there?” He waited for the staff to reply. He decided to call the hospital since he couldn’t go there to ask for their help.

“I need an ambulance. We’re at the parking lot near the lake. Please be hurry! Joohyun is in pain.” He begged them to come very fast.

When Luhan ended the call, he heard a baby crying sound. His eyes widened and rushed back to the car.

He looked at Seohyun and then he lifted her gown to take a look. His mouth wide opened after seeing what he saw.

“Joohyun, the baby’s head is coming out! What should I do?” Luhan is in panic state after he saw the baby’s head fully out but the body is still remain inside. He didn’t know what to do. He was really in panic. He kept mumbling ‘what should I do now?’ many times.

Luhan tried to remember what Dr. Zhang did 7 years ago when Seohyun gave birth to Taemin and Jongin. But that was 7 years ago! How is he supposed to remember? Should he wait for the ambulance to come? Or should he help Seohyun to deliver their baby?

Seohyun’s face became red due to the screaming and sweats covering her face as well. He decided to help her to deliver their baby. “Joohyun, I want you to take a deep breath.” He asked her to do what he told and she did. “Now push!”

Seohyun screamed as she pushed herself to let the baby out. Luhan successfully pulled the baby out and now the baby is in his arms. His heart is beating really fast when his baby girl is in his arms.

Luhan’s tears fell from his eyes while looking at the baby girl that was full with blood which made Luhan’s white shirt stained in red. He looked at Seohyun who was lying on the seat while trying to catch her breath after the tiring event.

“Joohyun, our baby girl!” He said with a thankful smile. His voice cracked because he was crying when their daughter has come to the world. The daughter that they waited for a long time finally has come. There’s nothing better than that.

Seohyun smiled while looking at her husband and their baby girl together. Unknowingly, her tears fell from her eyes as well.

Luhan saw his sweater on his seat. He took it and wrapped the baby. He didn’t want his baby to get cold. He couldn’t stop looking at the baby who was crying non-stop.

The ambulance’s siren was heard and Luhan wiped his tears so that they don’t see him crying. The first person who came out from the ambulance was Dr. Zhang followed by two attendants. Dr. Zhang surprised that the baby was born and congratulated both of them.

“We need to take her to the hospital for checking the baby and stitching for Seohyun. We need to be fast because I’m afraid if both of them will get an infection. It looks like you haven’t cut the umbilical cord yet. I will cut it before we took Seohyun inside the ambulance.” Dr. Zhang took the equipment to cut the umbilical cord.

Because the car is small, Luhan had to give the baby to Dr. Zhang for her to cut the umbilical cord from the baby and pulled it out from Seohyun. Dr. Zhang clamped the umbilical cord near the baby’s navel and cut it. Then, she gave the baby to the attendant to clean the baby.

Luhan looked at Seohyun but turned when he saw what Dr. Zhang will do to Seohyun. Seohyun started screaming once again and Dr. Zhang tried to calm her down. Luhan felt hurt hearing her constant screaming. He never thought that this birth will give her so much pain.

Dr. Zhang requested for a bag to put Seohyun’s placenta and one attendant gave it to her. Dr. Zhang put her placenta into the bag and gave it back to the attendant. She went out from the car and commanded the other attendants to take Seohyun to the van.

Two attendants came out with a stretcher and told Luhan to bring Seohyun out from the car. Luhan went inside and helped Seohyun to sit before he put his hand under her knees to carry her. He moved slowly and the attendants helped him. They lowered the stretcher and put Seohyun on it. Then, they lifted the stretcher and pushed it to the van.

Luhan wanted to be with Seohyun and their baby in the ambulance but what about his car. He looked at the back seat and it was full of blood. It looks like he had to take it to the car wash. He decided to drive his car and follow them to the hospital.

 


 

Once they arrived at the hospital, Seohyun was taken to the room for stitching while the baby is taken to the nursery.

Luhan came into the hospital after he parked his car. Some nurses were surprised to see Luhan’s blood stained shirt but they congratulated him. He straight away goes to the nursery to meet his baby girl. She was placed in the bassinet and there’s a young lady who wore a lab coat did a heel prick on his baby’s feet to obtain the blood from the baby for check up.

Irene, who was working at the nursery, saw Luhan and pushed his baby girl to him but he only could see her as he is outside from the nursery room. He smiled while looking at his sleeping baby. She looks so cute that he wanted to hold her again. Her cheeks are so chubby. She must be taken that from her mother.

He was too immersed looking at his daughter that he didn’t realized that Seulgi has calling him. Seulgi patted his shoulder and he turned to her. She said that she’s calling him but he didn’t hear.

He chuckled before apologized to her. “I’m sorry, Seulgi. I was just too happy looking at her.” Seulgi nodded at him. Of course he’s happy. Who wouldn’t be happy when a new baby has born? Especially for Luhan and Seohyun who is having their first daughter in their family.

“I want to give you this. We’ve already washed and dried it.” Seulgi gave Luhan’s sweater that used to wrap his daughter after she was born.

“Thank you.” He thanked her before he looked back at his daughter.

 


 

Seohyun was placed in a ward after stitching is done. Luhan waited beside her. Before that, he called his parents to tell them great news. They were so happy and they can’t wait to meet their one and only granddaughter. Luhan told them to go to their home first to look after Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun who were alone at home. He also told them to bring his sons once they woke up.

Seohyun woke up and Luhan asked her if she’s alright. She nodded at him and he helped her to sit. Both of them smiled at each other. They couldn’t say it how happy they were when a new family member has come to their life. It’s like they were having a first child.

“Do you want to see our baby?” Luhan asked her. Seohyun nodded happily. When she gave birth to her baby, the baby was in Luhan’s arm and she was so tired to react anything. She didn’t make it to look at her daughter’s face. “Do you know that she has chubby cheeks like yours?”

Seohyun hit his arm lightly. “I want to see her by myself. Don’t give me a spoiler.” She warned him making both of them giggled.

Luhan helped her to get down from the bed. They had to walk slowly because they were afraid if Seohyun’s stitch will be torn. Both of them walked to the nursery to meet their daughter.

 


 

Gakkung! Look! She’s smiling.” Joy beamed when Luhan and Seohyun’s baby girl smiled after she did a peek-a-boo to her. Irene was holding her while Wendy and Seulgi sang a lullaby to the baby. The situation inside the nursery is quite noisy due to Joy who wants to play with the baby, Wendy who sang a lullaby to the baby so that she will go to sleep but Seulgi started to dance to entertain the baby. Irene shook her head while looking at her crazy friends.

They entertained the baby because she was crying and all four of them rushed to her. There’s no other baby besides Luhan and Seohyun’s baby in the nursery. That’s why sometimes they were too bored working at the nursery department because sometimes there’s no baby there. But the only fun thing is that they can entertain the baby.

Irene noticed that Luhan and Seohyun at the outside and she put the baby in the bassinet before pushed to them. All four of them went inside their office to give sometime for the couple and their baby.

They smiled while looking at their smiling baby. “I want to pinch her cheeks. It is so chubby.” Seohyun squealed when she looked at her daughter’s chubby cheeks. “Me too. I want to bite her cheeks.” Luhan added.

Seohyun glared at Luhan. “Don’t you dare to bite my daughter’s cheeks!” She warned him.

Luhan chuckled when she warned him not to bite their daughter’s cheeks. Obviously he was joking about that. He didn’t want to hurt his cute little daughter.

 


 

The whole family gathered at Seohyun’s ward. Mrs. Lu was holding the baby and she surrounded by Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun who was more than happy that they finally have a sister. They kept pushing each other to get a better look at their sister.

Appa, hyung is pushing me!” Sehun cried out while pointing to Jongin. Luhan put his finger on his lips because they were too noisy. “You’re sister is sleeping. Slow down your voice.” Luhan reminded them. The boys followed their father’s action and turned to their sister who was sleeping peacefully.

Appa, I want to play with my sister. Wake her up!” Sehun really wanted to play with her. Taemin and Jongin nodded as they agreed with Sehun. “We bring her toys and teddy bear to play with her.” Taemin added.

When they woke up from the sleep, they wondered why their grandparents were at their house. Their grandmother told them that their sister is here and they were so happy. They wanted to play with her so that’s why they brought her toys to play with but she was sleeping.

“Your sister needs to sleep. When you were like her, you were sleeping all the time too. She’s still small. Please wait for a few months to play with her.” Luhan told them but they looked so disappointed that they couldn’t play with her. Seohyun felt bad looking at their face. She told them to tell their sister to grow up very fast so that she could play with them.

Sehun went to Mrs. Lu who was still holding her granddaughter. “Please grow up tomorrow. Oppa wants to play with you.” The whole family except the boys, chuckled at Sehun’s cute wish for her sister to grow up tomorrow. It’s definitely impossible.

“By the way, do you have a name for your daughter?” Mr. Lu asked Luhan and Seohyun.

Luhan and Seohyun looked at each other. “We have not thought of any name yet.” Luhan said.

“Please give her a name very fast so that we won’t be late for registration.” Mrs. Lu insisted them. “Seohyun, I think you should give her a name. Me and your dad had gave Taemin and Jongin’s name, Luhan gave Sehun’s name, and now it’s your turn to give your daughter’s name.”

Mrs. Lu is right. Taemin and Jongin’s name were given by her mother and father-in law respectively. Luhan gave Sehun’s name because it’s from her name and that he looked like her when he was young. This time, it’s her turn to give her daughter’s name. She thought for a while. What kind of name she should give to her daughter?

“I have a name for her!” Seohyun said with a smile.

“What is it?” Luhan asked as everyone curiously waited for Seohyun to announce her daughter’s name.

“So Hee.”

 

 

 

 

 


I've decided to make Yoon Sohee (the girl who was in EXO MV for Wolf and Growl) as Seohan's daughter because I've heard that she looks like Seohan hence, making her as our Seohan's love child among Ace Babies. I've seen a morphed picture of Seohan and I think I can see Sehun a little (or maybe it's just me). I remembered there's netizen said that a morphed picture of Seohan looked like Suho (I'm not sure whether it is true that I saw it or it's my mistake). It's funny because the outcome of Seohan morphed picture looked like to people whose name is SH. I mean, 'S' as in Seo, 'H' as in Han. Then, there's SoHee, SeHun, and SuHo. Hahaha!!!

Oh, If you noticed where did Sohee was born, and that's everyone, how I got the title for this story. (still thinking the title is lame)