Chapter 3

In the Car

 

It’s been three months since Seohyun announced her pregnancy but Luhan still had no idea that she’s pregnant. She thought that he will find out if she has a common pregnancy symptom such as vomit or allergic reaction to certain things but surprisingly, she’s fine.

She did a checkup with her mother-in-law and she is four months pregnant. It’s weird for Seohyun as well as her parents-in-law and EXO that Luhan didn’t notice anything. Her baby bump is started to show as well. She wondered if he will be able to realize this.

These days, Luhan has been busy working at his father’s company. Although his father wanted to wait until he graduates, he agreed with Seohyun’s idea to give Luhan training before he officially works there. Actually, he purposely allowed Luhan to work because Seohyun is worried about the baby if he was ‘around’. Mr. Lu also purposely gave him tons of work and forced him to go to the company’s party so that he will be back late and tired.

Luhan came back from the office very late at night that he couldn’t spend his time with Seohyun and his sons. He pitied Seohyun that she had to wait for him to return. After he took a quick bath, his eyes shut right away once he landed on the bed without giving Seohyun a goodnight kiss. He was so frustrated that he missed that because he was too tired.

However, Seohyun told him that she understands his feelings and the situation. She also told him that she kissed him every night knowing that he will whine when he missed that kiss.

Sometimes, Luhan had to go to the other company’s party on Sunday and usually it held on night. He didn’t understand why they would do a party on Sunday night. Sunday is supposed to be their resting day and the next day is Monday where everyone is working.

Luhan had to go alone to the party because Seohyun need to put their kids to bed since Taemin and Jongin have already entered first grade of elementary school (they’re turning 7 years old now, Sehun; 5 years old). He was uneasy to attend the party without Seohyun because there are a lot of girls who tried to flirt with him. If only Seohyun was there, he would proudly say to them that she’s his wife but whenever he told them, they thought he was joking.

“No wonder elders always say that they miss their school days and regret that they didn’t enjoy it because that time, they were thinking about growing up and hoping that the school life will end very fast.” Luhan said every time he whined how tired he is when he came back from work. He also said he enjoyed working as a dishwasher in The Grace Café more than working in office. He didn’t have to wait for a month to get the salary from working as a dishwasher unlike now.

As for now, Seohyun is still working at the café although her bosses told her not to because she’s pregnant. However, Seohyun insisted to work because she was so bored staying at home while waiting her sons came back from school and kindergarten.

 


 

Seohyun applied a pink lipstick and styled her wavy hair. Today is their Graduation Day. They were so happy that they finally graduated. Seohyun is the happiest as she made a promise to her late mother that she will study hard until she graduates and she will change their life but it looks like she didn’t make it. However, she led a better life and now she achieved her dream. Her late mother must be very happy.

Eomma, are you watching? I’m very happy that I finally achieved my dream. It’s too bad that you’re not here. I hope you can see me wearing graduation gown while I’m receiving the scroll. I really wish that you can meet my sons and this little one.” She mumbled while rubbing her tummy with her tears brimmed in her eyes.

Luhan entered the room and surprised to see Seohyun’s eyes brimmed in tears. He went to her. “Joohyun, are you okay? What’s wrong with you?” He asked her worriedly.

Seohyun shook her head. She said that it would be nice if her mother is here to see her graduated. Luhan hugged her and caressed her back. Then, he kissed her lips. “It’s okay. I know she’s watching you right now. She is so proud of you. Now, stop crying! You might messed up you makeup.” He comforted her and wiped away her tears.

Oppa, how do I look?” Seohyun twirled and she needs to make sure that it looks nice. Luhan took a look and eyed her up and down, top and bottom. His eyeball couldn’t stop moving as he eyed her seriously. He thought there was something odd about her but he didn’t want to say it, afraid that she would get mad.

“You look….. great!” He said even though he wanted to ask her something.

Seohyun knew that he’s not that sincere when he said that. “You want to say something, oppa?” She told him to say it. He shook his head. “Just tell me, oppa.”

He sighed. “I don’t want to. You will get mad if I say it.”

“Please! I promised that I won’t get mad.” She made a puppy eyes and he knew that he can’t resist cute Seohyun.

“Okay! Don’t get mad at me.” Seohyun nodded and curious what he wanted to say. “You look like you’re-you’re-you’re-”

“What is it, oppa?” She can’t wait anymore. He sighed before he answered. “You look like you’re gaining some weight.” He muttered softly, afraid that she will sulk after he said that.

Seohyun looked herself in the mirror and turned to him. Luhan looked down and he’s waiting for Seohyun’s scolding.

“You just noticed it, oppa?” Much to his surprise, she asked him that. He nodded slowly. She went to him. He was looking down as Seohyun came closer. “Do you want me to lose my weight, oppa?” He looked up and saw Seohyun with a pout. It sounds like she didn’t want to lose her weight which is shocking because women are very sensitive about their weight and body shape.

He smiled at her before giving her a peck. “You don’t have to. It doesn’t matter whether you’re skinny or fat, my love for you will never change.” He hugged her and Seohyun smirked while putting her hands around his waist.

 


 

The graduation ceremony just ended. All the graduated students were taking photos with their friends and bid farewell since they might not meet each other again. Some were taking photos with their family. There are a lot of stalls that sell gift such as flowers, teddy bears, chocolates and so on.

Luhan and Seohyun received a lot of attention from all people at the college as they’re bringing their sons along to the ceremony for the first time. Some girls were jealous to see Seohyun with Luhan and how lucky she is to be married with him. There are also girls who squealed at their sons’ cuteness.

Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun were silent all the time since this is the first time they came to a place where there are a lot of people; unknown people to be exact. They were so scared that most of them were tried to surround them like they are celebrity or something.

Since the boys couldn’t go inside the hall, Dr. Jimin looked after them until the ceremony is finished. She brought the boys to the gym where they put a big screen so that outsiders could watch what is happening inside the hall. Dr. Jimin pointed out every EXO friend that appeared on the screen which they clapped happily. But of course they cheered loudly when their parents appeared on the screen.

Seohyun, Luhan and EXO as well as Luhan’s family and the boys gathered at the cafeteria to have their lunch. Before that, Luhan came with a huge bouquet of flower with teddy bear and chocolate as Seohyun’s gift. He gave Seohyun a kiss and she was happy with his gift. Some girls were burning in jealousy while looking at Seohyun but some wished that their boyfriend would do that to them.

“What about my gift?” He asked her. Seohyun told him to wait and she searched something in her bag. She took out an envelope and gave it to Luhan.

Luhan raised his eyebrow when she gave him an envelope. What did she give him? Everyone waited for Luhan to open the envelope. They seemed to know what the inside of the envelope is.

Luhan opened the envelope and took out what’s the inside of it. From what he feels, he thought that Seohyun gave him a card but frown when the picture of the card is looks like a sonogram of a baby. Wait! A sonogram of a baby?

He turned to Seohyun who was smiling all the time. “J-Joohyun, is-is t-th-this-” He stuttered as he couldn’t believe what he saw. Seohyun smiled and showed four fingers to him. “4 months.” She said shortly.

He hugged her tightly and raised her while twirled around happily. People at the cafeteria looked at them weirdly. “We are getting another child.” He announced loudly to everyone. They were surprised with Luhan’s announcement but clapped for them.

Luhan turned to his friends and family but they’re not giving any reaction at all. “Guys, what’s wrong with you? Joohyun is pregnant. Kids, you’re going to get a dongsaeng. Are you happy?” The boys just nodded slowly which made him confuse. They want a dongsaeng and now they’re going to get it but their reaction is not what he expected.

“Mom! Dad! Why are you silent?” He asked his parents who didn’t react about Seohyun’s pregnancy.

“You’re late. We know that she’s pregnant 3 months ago.” Mrs. Lu told him.

“What?!” He surprised that his parents knew before him. Why they didn’t tell him?

“They all know about it already.” Seohyun pointed to them including EXO. Even EXO knew about this before him? When did they know about it? “I told them on Christmas Day.” She continued.

Christmas Day? When? She didn’t say anything. “Why am I the only one who didn’t know about this?” He asked Seohyun. It’s impossible that EXO knew but he didn’t. “Because you were not there when everyone knows.” She answered.

Luhan didn’t understand what she said. He’s not there when they know? “I asked you to buy cakes for dinner. She told us that she’s pregnant when you’re not there.” Mrs. Lu explained to him. He blinked in confusion. How did she know that she’s pregnant then?

“How did you know that you’re pregnant?” He asked her.

“I used pregnancy test kit. The result is positive.” She told him with a smile.

“Then, why don’t you tell me?” His voice slightly change making Seohyun flinched and her expression changed from happy to scare.

Mr. and Mrs. Lu and EXO noticed the change from Luhan’s voice and Seohyun’s voice. Deep inside, they felt regret for prank Luhan. “I’m the one who told her not to tell you about this, Luhan. We just want to trick you. It’s our idea. Don’t blame Seohyun.” Mr. Lu told him the truth.

“So you want to trick me as well? I can’t believe that you would do this to me, Joohyun. I trusted you so much.” Luhan said in annoyed tone. Seohyun’s face looked very sad when Luhan is mad at her.

Everyone became worried while looking at Seohyun’s sad face. Xiumin who was sitting next to Luhan, pulled Luhan’s ear making Luhan flinched. “Why are you doing that?” Luhan said while touching his ear.

“Look what have you done to her.” Xiumin referred to sad Seohyun. Luhan rolled his eyes making Xiumin flicked his forehead very hard.

“She wanted to tell you so badly that day but we told her not to. She was so sad that you’re not there to know about her pregnancy and add to that your parents told her not to tell you because they want to play a prank on you. We thought that she needs to be happy for her baby not to be sad since it can affect her baby so we asked her to play video game with us but you came out of nowhere and suddenly scolded her for being too happy with us. Your parents want you to find out yourself like if she has a morning sickness or something but she was totally fine. She decided to tell you today because she can’t keep the secret for long and we’re fine with that. But look what you have done. Do you know how happy she is when she told us that you noticed that she’s gaining weight just now? I don’t want to say this in front of her but seriously now I don’t which one of you is so stupid; Seohyun who thought that you noticed her baby bump or you who didn’t notice about her baby bump at all.” Xiumin gave a long lecture to Luhan.

Luhan regretted with his action after he heard the truth from Xiumin. He turned to Seohyun who was eating with blank expression. He scooted to her and touched her shoulder. “Joohyun, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get mad at you.” He begged forgiveness to her.

Seohyun put her spoon and rubbed her belly. “Baby, your appa is so bad. He scolded eomma and make eomma become very sad. Don’t be like him, okay?”

Luhan stomped his feet and started to make cute voice and even add aegyo to her so she that she forgives him. People at the cafeteria surprised to see this side of Luhan. Meanwhile, his parents and EXO embarrassed with him and some EXO friends pretended to vomit seeing Luhan’s aegyo. Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol shouted 'he's not our friend' to themselves.

Seohyun surprised with him and forgave him. Actually, she forgave him is not because of she was melted with his aegyo but she was so embarrassed with him. She will melt with his aegyo if they were alone but he’s doing it in public. Who wouldn’t feel embarrassed?

 


 

Luhan and Seohyun went back home after they bid farewell to EXO. At home, Luhan paid a lot of attention to Seohyun. When Seohyun was about to climb up the stairs, Luhan remembered the incident happened at the college that caused her to miscarriage. He quickly went to her and carried her with bridal style.

Seohyun blinked with his action. Oppa, what are you doing? Put me down!” She squirmed in her place so that he put her down.

Luhan tightened his hold so that she didn’t fall from his hold. “I’m afraid that you will fall down like before.”

She understood what he meant. She had a fear once she came back from the hospital but she worried about him right now. Oppa, what if you are unstable when you carry me while climbing the stairs? We will fall as well.”

He thought for a while and she’s right. He put her down and went to her back while holding her waist. He told her to walk and she did. What made her surprise is that Luhan followed her as well. He was holding her waist so that she didn’t fall backward.

Luhan told her to take rest since she’s tired. Meanwhile, Luhan took a paper and started to write something on it. He pondered for a while and when he remembered something, he immediately wrote it on the paper. He spent his time writing something on the paper.

Seohyun stirred in her sleep and Luhan noticed that so he went to her. “You’re awake. Do you feel tired? Do you need anything?” He asked her while helping her to sit with her back leaned on the headboard.

Seohyun shook her head. “I want to go to the toilet.” Luhan helped her to get up from the bed and followed her to the toilet.

Oppa, why are you here?” She surprised to see him inside with her.

“I want to be with you all the time while you’re pregnant. I’m afraid that you and our baby will get hurt if I leave you alone.” He rubbed her tummy.

“But I want to do some ‘business’ right now, oppa so will you get out from here?” She requested. He put his forehead against hers. “No! Don’t worry. I won’t take a peek.” Luhan turned around while Seohyun did her ‘business’.

“Do you really have to do this, oppa?” Seohyun asked Luhan once they went out from the toilet.

“Of course! It’s for you and our baby’s safety.” He let her sit on the chair and took a paper on the table. “These are the do’s and don’ts that I wrote for you. Like I said, it’s for you and our baby safety as well as health.”

Seohyun took the paper and her eyes widened in shock of what was written there:

 

Do’s

1. If you want to go somewhere, you should call me and I take you to that place

2. If you want to take a bath, you should take a bath with me

3. If you crave for anything, you should tell me. I will cook or buy it for you

4. You can cook but with my under vision

5. Get enough rest

6. No matter where you go, I will always be with you all the time

7. You must eat healthy foods and drinks

 

Don’ts

1. Don’t go anywhere alone without calling me

2. Don’t take your bath alone. The floor is slippery and you will fall

3. Don’t eat oily and spicy foods since it can affect our baby

4. Don’t take carbonated drinks or any icy drinks

5. You can’t do a lot of work since it’s tiring for you

6. Don’t carry heavy stuffs

​7. Don’t you dare to do anything without my knowledge

 

She’s fine with some but take a bath with him looks like he purposely wrote it because he wants it.

“So, do you agree with that?” Luhan asked her and Seohyun had no choice but to nod her head. “Good. From now on, you should follow these. Don’t you dare to break the rules!” He warned her.

“I should take a shower now.” Seohyun felt her body is sticky after they went back from the ceremony.

“You want to take a shower? Let’s go!” Seohyun face palmed when she said that she wanted to take a shower out loud. Now, they will take a shower together. Who knows what he might do there?

 

 

 

 

 


My favorite part in this chapter is when Xiumin gave Luhan a very long lecture. Hahaha! I can imagine him doing that. That dialogue is like the longest dialogue I've ever written. Hahaha! By the way, enjoy this chapter and comments are welcome!