Chapter 7

In the Car

 

~1 Year Later~

 

Luhan and Seohyun entered the mansion after they back from work. Like before, their kids will stay at Luhan’s parents’ mansion until they came back. Mrs. Lu requested to let them to stay at the mansion because she felt bored at home. At least when her grandchildren around, she will play with them especially with Sohee.

Appa! Eomma!” A high-pitched and cute voice calling them.

They turned to the owner of the voice and their eyes widened when a little girl ran towards them. Seohyun caught her and lifted her while giving kisses to her face.

“Sohee, how many times that appa and eomma told you? Don’t run or else you will fall!” Luhan warned Sohee who was giggling under her mother’s hold. “Don’t do that again, okay?”

“Hmm!” Sohee hummed in reply while nodding.

Luhan took her from Seohyun and gave kisses to her face. “Promise that you won’t do that again. Say yes!”

“Yes!” Sohee answered it shortly.

Tomorrow, Sohee will turn 1 year old and it’s really a significant day for Luhan’s family. They will celebrate her first birthday at Pyeonghwa hall where they used to celebrate any function for locals. Sohee’s 100th day celebration was also held at that place.

Sohee has grown a lot. With the help from her protective brothers, Sohee could walk when she was 8 months old. It made Luhan and Seohyun worried actually that the fact that Sohee started quite early and she skipped crawling. She did crawl but as far as they remembered she did for a week and all of sudden she started to walk.

They had to go for doctor to check whether it’s normal. According to the doctor, Sohee is advance compared to other baby. Her brothers also taught her to speak a few words. That’s why she could say something. The words that she confused the most are ‘appa’ and ‘oppa’. It took a while for her to know the difference but she managed to differentiate it.

She is really active and likes to run and jump around making her parents worried every time she did that. They are afraid if she falls while running and jumping.

Once, they had a heart attack moment with Sohee. Sohee slept with her parents in between them. Seohyun woke up in the morning and put the pillow beside her to prevent her from falling and she went inside the bathroom.

A few minutes later, Luhan woke up. Both Seohyun and Sohee were not there so both of them probably at downstairs and Seohyun prepared for breakfast. He went inside the bathroom but surprised to see Seohyun inside.

“Oppa, did you left Sohee alone?” Seohyun asked while breathed out loud showing that she’s mad at him for leaving their daughter alone.

Luhan was confused when he saw Seohyun. He was half-awaked and slow to absorb Seohyun’s question. “She’s not on the bed. I thought that both of you at downstairs.”

“What?!” Seohyun’s shocked screaming making Luhan completely awake from his dazed. He realized that Sohee is not in the room but it’s impossible that she could get out because the door is supposed to lock.

“The door is opened. How did she open the door?” Luhan’s face paled after he saw the door.

Both Luhan and Seohyun quickly ran outside the room and they almost had a heart attack with what they saw in front of them making Seohyun almost shouted. Sohee was right in front of the stairs. Her little right hand was holding the pillar while the other one was flailing. She was hesitated to go down or not judging by the movement of her feet.

Luhan quickly grabbed her and hugged her tightly. His heartbeat was really fast and he was panting. Seohyun shed her tears feeling worried about her daughter. But Sohee was smiling and giggling while looking at her parents.

It turned out that last night, Sohee was crying and as usual, her caring brothers came to their room to see Sohee. Once Sohee fast asleep, they went back to their room and it was not closed properly. That’s why Sohee could easily open the door.

“Where are your oppa, Sohee?” Seohyun asked her while pinching her chubby cheeks.

Sohee put her both hands together under her cheeks making a sleeping gesture. Luhan squealed at her cuteness. He put his hands under her armpits and lifted her up very high making Sohee shrieked with laughter.

Sohee is lovable to everyone, especially her protective brothers. They don’t let anyone to touch her or hold her except their parents and grandparents. Although Sohee wanted to be friendly with other people, her brothers will drag her away and warned her not to talk to any stranger. Their parents reprimanded them to let Sohee to be with other people and they let her but with them at her side.

If someone holds Sohee, they will stare at that person making him felt uncomfortable. It’s like they just did a crime or something. They didn’t want to separate with Sohee whenever they went to school and kindergarten. Sohee will be with her grandmother at the mansion. They would request their grandmother to bring Sohee along when the driver picked them up.

 


 

Luhan and Seohyun helped Sohee to wear her hanbok; Korean traditional clothes. Today is her 1st birthday. It’s something that they won’t forget. Seohyun tied a piece of cloth into a ribbon and Sohee is finally done dressing up. She looks so cute with her hanbok. Her brothers will surely go crazy and became overprotective towards her during the event.

Sohee came out from the room and her brothers waited outside. “Sohee, you’re so cute!” Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun can’t stop expressing how cute she is. Jongin went to her and lifted her while walking towards the stairs. Before he could make it, Luhan stopped him.

“Both of you will going to fall.” Luhan reminded him and carried Sohee instead. Jongin pouted when his father took Sohee from him.

Mr. and Mrs. Lu came to their house to make sure that everything is ready but before that they went to see Sohee first.

“My granddaughter is like a princess. She’s so pretty.” Mrs. Lu kissed her cheek and Sohee replied back to her by kissing her grandmother’s cheek.

“Is everyone ready? We need to go there before people starts to come.” Mr. Lu asked Luhan.

“Joohyun is still getting ready. She will come down soon.” Luhan answered to his father.

Then, Seohyun came down with her hanbok. Luhan stunned by her beauty. If today is not because of their daughter’s first birthday, people will think that she’s a single lady and for sure many guys will flirt with her. Luckily they celebrated at Pyeonghwa hall. If they celebrated at his parents’ mansion, he’s going to kill all those guys who tried to flirt with her. His parents usually invite their friends if they do a function at the mansion.

 


 

Mr. and Mrs. Lu stood at the entrance hall to welcome all the guest who came to the event. Luhan and Seohyun also waited at the entrance hall with Sohee who was under Luhan’s hold. Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun were there as well. They were asked by their parents to receive all the gifts from guests.

The first group of people to arrive at the event is the local boys; Johnny, Taeyong, Hansol and others. They greeted Mr. and Mrs. Lu and then, they greeted Luhan and Seohyun. Johnny wanted to hold Sohee and Luhan gave her to him. The others tried to play with her and Sohee smiled and giggled feeling happy with them.

Johnny gave Sohee to Taeyong and he bounced her making her giggled even louder. Suddenly, Taeyong felt like someone tugged his shirt. He looked down and saw three pairs of eyes who were giving a death stare to him.

“Give Sohee back to appa!” Sehun commanded him.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Johnny felt amused with their action.

Sehun stomped his feet in annoyed. Taeyong gave Sohee back to Luhan to avoid hearing Sohee’s brothers nagging. When Taeyong was about to give Sohee to Luhan, Sohee pulled Taeyong’s shirt and wept a little. Taeyong took her back and stuck out his tongue to the annoyed boys, “She likes me.”

That’s how they behaved whenever there’s a guest tried to hold Sohee. They will glare at them and told them to give Sohee back to their parents. Their parents reprimanded them about their behavior but they never listened when it comes to Sohee.

The guests kept coming and gave their gifts to them. The guests that came to the event are Dr. Jimin, the nurses at the nursery when Sohee was born; Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy, Seohyun’s bosses and workmates at The Grace Café, the maids and the butlers from Luhan’s parents’ mansion since they were given a day off, and basically everyone from Pyeonghwa Village. There is none of them didn’t come to the event.

“Luhan!” Luhan heard his name was called by a few number of people. He turned and saw EXO came to the event. It’s been a long time since they met each other. Not only EXO came, Infinite and Lovelyz were also come to the event. Xiumin asked Luhan’s permission to invite Infinite and Lovelyz because he told Dongwoo about the event and they would like to go too. Luhan invited both of them since they were nice to Seohyun.

After they graduated, they rarely met each other because they were too busy with works and other stuffs. They only communicated through the group chat that was created by Suho. Luhan sometimes posted photos of Sohee to them but they never had a chance to meet her.

This time, they finally came to meet her. They were so excited meeting her face to face after seeing a picture of her on their phone.

“Sohee, these are appa’s friends.” Luhan introduced them to Sohee making her embarrassed and hid on Seohyun’s neck.

They laughed at her cute action. “Why, Sohee? Are you embarrassed?” Seohyun asked as Sohee shoved her face on Seohyun’s neck even more.

“She’s really small when face to face. In pictures, she looks bigger.” Chen stated.

Luhan gave Sohee to Xiumin and he took it gladly. Sohee smiled and giggled while clapping her hands. The others pinched her chubby cheeks and some were doing peek-a-boo to her making her giggled happily.

“Sohee, say samchon.” Luhan told her to say the word ‘uncle’ to them.

Samchon.” Sohee followed her father’s tone making EXO gasped in surprise.

“Oh my, she’s so cute! I want to put her in my pocket.” Baekhyun felt like he wanted to pinch her cheeks until he satisfied because she’s too cute to handle.

Ajusshi, you can’t do that.” Jongin told them with a glare.      

They turned their attention to Luhan’s sons that they met before. “Do you remember us?” Suho asked them. They nodded but they looked so annoyed.

“What’s wrong with your face?” Kris noticed their frown on their face.

Ajusshi, please give my sister to eomma.” Jongin requested.

They blinked at Jongin’s request. Lay nudged at Luhan. “What’s wrong with them?” Lay whispered to Luhan.

Luhan smiled and whispered back, “Just ignore them. They’re just jealous when their sister is playing with other people not them.” Lay nodded at Luhan. They’re just being a protective brother to their sister.

 


 

“Let’s sing Happy Birthday to our birthday girl.” Jaehyun and Doyoung ; the emcees of the event, announced to all guests to sing Happy Birthday to Sohee.

The birthday cake was placed on the table and there’s a number ‘1’ candle on the cake. A fire was light up on the candle and everyone started to sing while clapping. Sohee followed clapping after she saw everyone was clapping.

When they finished singing, Luhan and Seohyun told Sohee to blow it but because she couldn’t blow properly, Luhan and Seohyun helped her to blow until the fire was off. Everyone clapped once the fire was off. Luhan and Seohyun held Sohee’s hand while holding the knife to cut the cake. Seohyun took a small piece of cake and fed Sohee. This is the first time Sohee ate something sweet and she loves it.

“Now, we shall move forward to the most important thing of this celebration, Toljabee!” The emcees announced it excitedly. Toljabee is the main celebration of the first birthday. It is to predict the child’s future by picking the items that was placed on the table and the baby will grab the item that attracts them.

Luhan and Seohyun were nervous about Sohee’s future. What if she picked microphone again? Taemin, Jongin, and Sehun picked that during their toljabee. They hoped that Sohee picked something different.

On the table, there’s a book, pencil, money, microphone, stethoscope, gavel and other items. Luhan placed Sohee on the cushion and Sohee’s little hands started to make a move. Everyone waited for this moment. They wanted to know what Sohee will become in the future. Sohee started to move forward and grabbed a book.

“She grabs a book!” The emcees announced to the guest.

Everyone clapped after she grabbed the book. That means, she will be a good scholar in the future. Luhan and Seohyun hugged each other when their daughter picked something different than her brothers. Since their brothers picked microphone, they maybe become a singer one day. It’s like something that they need to celebrate when Sohee picked a book.

Then, they took a family photo and other people can take their photo with Sohee but of course, with her brothers together. They won’t allow Sohee to be with anyone alone. Their family picture will be pasted in the Pyeonghwa villagers’ book and also will be hung on the wall of their home.

 

 

 

 

 


Finally, it's done! Thanks for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting this story. Thanks for supporting me as well. I hope you guys can read my other Seohan (or other ship but with a lot of Seohan moments of course hahaha) stories soon. Thank you!