part 8

Punch!

"It's too bad... Because I started to like you."

The time had frozen, Minyoung was staring at Jungkook, breath stuck in and Jungkook was the same. Despite the determination and serious look he was giving her.

Jungkook felt that he had no right to say it out loud. Him, having feelings for her, was something he promised himself never to let out because he knew it would never work.

It would only make her hate him later on.

He wanted to approach her, to decrease the distance between them and held her in his arm, close enough for her to hear his true feelings

 But-- 

He cleared his throat, breaking the long eye contact the both of them was having as he waved his arm in the air.

"Sorry, bad joke." He breathed out, it almost choked him, saying that but he had to.

"J-joke?" Minyoung's voice cracked as her heart beat dropped.

Was it something to joke about?

"The mood was so serious and you were angry and... And I was trying to... You know we are friends, so..."

Minyoung froze, she wanted to run, but her feet was pinned down to the ground.

Jungkook played with his hand as he looked up at her again, "Are you mad?"

Of course you are. he thought, biting his lips

Minyoung let out a soft chuckle, "Seriously, Jungkook. When you told me to stay away... I should have listened to you,"

"Wait, Minyoung!" Jungkook tried to stop her from leaving but failed.

Minyoung wouldn't stop this time, she didn't want to be hurt again.

Once Minyoung was no longer in sight, Jungkook cursed, messing his hair in frustration as he punched the sand bag and kicked it many times.

"Damn!." He shouted, feeling the anger raised in him. He was angry at himself, for hurting Minyoung. He didn't have any other choice but to do so and He hated his choice.

"What's wrong with you?" Jungkook jumped out of his skin, when Minyoung's uncle suddenly appeared at the doorway. "Your pro. test is next week, don't lose your nerve please."

"I'm going to have a shower." Jungkook sighed, running his hand in his hair and walked away.

"Jungkook!" Minyoung's uncle called and Jungkook turned to look at him. "Don't mess with her, I won't forgive you if you hurt her."

"I'm not missing with anyone."

"You can play around with any girls. But, not Minyoung." Minyoung's uncle's gaze was deadly serious, which was rare for him to be serious.

Jungkook knew how much his coach cared for his sister's children, Jungkook knew that his coach could break his bone, one by one if he tried to do something to Minyoung.

Not after what he did to her brother. This was the biggest burden he had carried inside of him. A burden that no one except for two know about it.

When Jungkook entered his room, that used to be a storage room in Minyoung's uncle's house, he looked through the window as the rain didn't seem to stop anytime sooner.

He became more worried about Minyoung, knowing she was scared of darkness and he let her walk--storm--home alone, and also she didn't have an umbrella.

Closing his eyes tightly, he closed the curtain and reached for his phone and typed some words: I did what I promised, you have to make your promise now. I will kill you if you didn't.

30 seconds later, Jungkook phone buzzed in his hand, he looked at the text and felt disgusted.

Haeun » of course, darling. I will... You won't regret this choice. I promise. Muah!  

Jungkook could imagine her devil smirk and chuckle in his head.

He threw the phone across the room. It hit the wall and fall on the ground in pieces.

***

Rain drops cascaded down Minyoung's face as she was soaked with rain.

Her tears that she wanted to let it out so bad was mixed with the rain drop. She dropped to her knee crying her heart out, thinking that it was a bad thing to approach Jungkook. He was a jerk after all.

Everyone had warned her from him, but she never listened. Maybe rumors weren't all correct, but, he was dangerous to be with. He was a person who she should have avoided, since the moment she thought about it. He didn't harm her physically, but he did harm emotionally. And the pain was greater.

Reaching home, Minyoung went to her room, hopping her mother didn't see her and to the bathroom quickly.

She put her hands on , muffling the remaining sobs that were in her heart. She gulped hard, trying to swallow her tears when her mother knocked the door.

"You're home?"

"Yeah!" Minyoung tried hard to sound normal, not to crack out or sound like she was crying.

Her mother liked Jungkook very much because he reminded him of her brother, so she didn't want to tell her.

"Are you okay?" Her mother's voice sounded worried.

"I'm fine, I'm just..." Minyoung to a quick breath as she said something that wasn't really a lie. "My clothes are wet and I need to change quickly."

"Ah! Right! It's raining outside, right?"

"Yeah!" 

"Have a shower and sleep, sweetheart. You must be tired."

"I'm.."

She let out her breath that she was holding when she heard her mother's steps fading away.

***

Minyoung's POV

We returned back to the time when I was trying hard to avoid the scary and gangster Jeon Jungkook. The boy who was feared by everyone.

We made our distance from each other, just because of some silly joke that he made. And again, he was the one ignoring me while I'm trying to have just a simple hello with him but my pride kept me away.

Was it even necessary?

I would slowly just accept the fact the he was dating Haeun as the time passed and we would still remain close.

I looked up when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. It was Jimin.

"You look gloomy?" She said poking my cheeks while taking her seat.

"I'm fine." I tried to smile but my heart didn't want to.

"No, you aren't." I was grateful to Jimin. She was just too nice and I should have listened to her before.

I sighed, feeling Jimin staring at me as if she was analyzing me or seeing through my soul!

I raised my eyebrow and gave her a 'what' expression when she exploded suddenly, "You fought with him?"

"Who?" 

"Jungkook!" She nodded at him and lowered her voice. She leaned closer so only me and her were the only one listening. "You two aren't normal today."

"Stop talking nonsense!" I slapped her arm playfully, trying to make her think it was only her imagination.

"Did you confess? Did he reject you? Or vice verse" she kept asking as if she knew something.

"What are you talking about? There is nothing likes this." It was true. It wasn't like I had confessed or that Jungkook actually confessed--yes he did, but it wasn't for real-- or that I rejected him.

Then why was I hurt like this? It did hurt so much in my chest and Jungkook... He made it sound real that my heart almost stopped back then.

I wouldn't forgive him.

"Why not?" Jimin voice returned me back to her, "I think he's interested in you. He never greeted a girl before."

"We are just friends!"

"Friends? Are you joking?" Jimin snorted, "I bet he's in love with you. He would never be friend with anyone."

"No, he isn't." I didn't mean to sound sad and disappointed. At the moment the sight of Haeun with Jungkook returned back in my mind.

"Jungkook!" I heard her, Haeun calling him and I tensed, watching Jimin's eyes widened.

"Hmm." It was what Jungkook gave her as a respondent. I refused to look at him or her. I hated seeing them together.

"Can I have a word with you, please?" Was she doing agyeo? Because she put on the most feminine voice while talking. She was flirting.

Don't flirt back!

Reject her!

Don't go!

Don't please

My heart screamed when I heard Jungkook's chair move. I could imagine her, clinging to his arm as they went out the class.

The class went into chaos! Everyone was murmuring, cheering and whispering.

I wanted to go home.

"What did I just see? Haeun and Jungkook!!" Jimin exclaimed next to me and I let out a breath that was followed with heart ache. "Did you know? You are friends with Jungkook, right?"

We are I thought that what he told me, that we are friends.

Jimin forgot that she was just shipping me with him and I sighed, Maybe she could see it too. They were perfect together.

"They match each other, the bullying and the gangster." Jimin noted and I nodded. She was right!

Haeun was just beautiful enough --despite her spoiled personality-- to match with Jungkook's handsome face.

They looked good together, but I really wanted to be in her place. Maybe I would keep my crush on him a secret until I die if he didn't notice it by now.

I guess he knew! And this what made it harder for me, to accept his joke.

***

Splashing some water on my face, I need to fresh up my mind. I had an important class after lunch break and I needed to concentrate.

I needed to go to the library, avoiding any chance to meet up with Jungkook.

Sighing after wiping the water away from my face, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I frowned when I found it was my uncle who was calling. It wasn't the time for his call right now.

"Yeah!" I said.

"Is Jungkook around you?" He seemed to be in a hurry.

"No, why?"

"I need you to tell him something--"

"No..." I protested right away. "Call him, why are you telling me?"

"His phone is broken and there's no other way to reach him."

Do I have to? I almost cried out, I didn't want to but my uncle sounded as if it was something important.

"Oh god! Fine, what's this?"

"I need to go seoul right now, so tell him ..."

He kept talking and I'm agreeing to every word so he knew that I was listening.

"I'll tell him, Just this once."

"I'm not going to ask you again anyway!"

"Fine!"

Now, I needed to look for him. There were some minutes before the end of the lunch break! 

The first place that came to my mind was the library. He was always handing there as if it was his privet bedroom inside the school.

Luhan noticed me entering the library and shot me a smile, but I didn't smile back, I was so concentrated on finding Jungkook. "Good morn--"

"Is he here?"

Luhan's eyes widened in confusion, "who?"

"Jungkook!"

"No, I didn't see him."

"You seemed to be close with him." At this moment I realized that I wasn't that close to Jungkook enough to know where to find him when I needed him. "Do you know where I can possibly find him?"

"Try the rooftop. It's his second home."

I rushed out of the library before hearing what Luhan had next to say. I think he murmured something like: what's going on?

It wasn't something important, I just didn't want to tell him in the classroom. Haeun would get angry and she had all the rights to be. She was his girlfriend.

Running up stairs all I was thinking of how to tell Jungkook what my uncle told me without making a long conversation with him. When I reached the last floor I was out of breath, my legs lost its strength so I fought to use what remain in them to open the rooftop door and look for him but there was only air and dust. No human being was anywhere to be found in there.

Sighing, I turned to leave when suddenly my foot tripped to the floor and I was about to fall down stairs when someone pulled me by my arm and I slapped onto something hard but soft at the same time. There was a strong arm warped around my waist and the other holding my arms firmly, steadying me.

"Are you okay?" I shivered when this familiar voice said.

I looked up with a smile on my face. I didn't notice it, that I was smiling, but Jungkook was always there when I was in danger. Just like how my brother used to be.

"Found you!"

He smiled back at me as I could hear a loud heart beat and I wondered if it was his or mine. I couldn't figure that out.

When we discovered how we were holding onto each other, we let go quickly, looking other ways.

"You needed me?" Jungkook cleared his throat.

"Not really." I said, feeling the heat in my cheeks. "My uncle does."

"Coach!" He frowned and I nodded, "He need to tell that he was going to Seoul for your champion application."

"But I didn't have my pro test yet." He furrowed his eyebrow and I shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe it's the application of your pro test and I misunderstood."

"Maybe." He murmured, looking at the ceiling, like he was thinking of something. I observed his nice features, I wondered how he would look like when he was joking and playing around.

He carried this serious aura all the time and I wanted to see many faces of his

He looked down at me and pointed his finger on my head, "Maybe? You misunderstood? What do you have here a brain or peanut?"

I pouted and crossed my arm around my chest. "You are the one who has peanut instead of brain."

Jungkook scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Look who's talking!"

I noticed that we were playing around and it lightened up my mood a little bit. "That's all. I will go now." I said with a small smile on my face and turned to leave when Jungkook held my wrist stopping me.

I looked up at him, but he wasn't meeting my eyes. He wanted to say something. But I kept looking at his hand that was warped firmly around my wrist. His hand was much bigger than mine and I wondered how it would look like when they are locked with mine.

"Jungkook..." I finally decided to start talking first. "Your joke was out of place the other night, but I still hope we could remain friends."

I saw him gulping still not meeting my eyes.

"So I will support you, I hope you will do well in your test and..." I gulped hard, trying not to cry because that wasn't what I wanted to say. I wanted to curse at him. To point out that he hurt me and I wasn't planing on forgiving him but I couldn't. He was so important to me, I didn't want to lose him. "See you in the class."

I pulled my hand from his fist and left. He didn't follow me again. Why would he follow me anyway? It's not like he could do anything about it.

He loved Haeun and he was going out with her. I had guessed when he stopped me that he wanted to confirm that we were still friends.

***

Narrator POV

At that time Haeun was looking for Jungkook when she saw him hugging Minyoung close to him.

Her eyes shots with anger as she stormed back to the class.

"What's wrong?" Jiyeon, one of her girls said as she saw Haeun seemed to want to kill someone.

"Minyoung, she needs to learn her lesson now. She can't touch what is mine."

Jiyeon smirked and stood up from her desk. "It's show time."

Haeun and Jiyeon stood at Jimin desk and looked down at her.

"What?" Jimin asked nervously.

"We need your help, or..."

"Or what?" Jimin panicked, she didn't want to help them with whatever they wanted.

"I'm going to ask my dad to--"

"OKAY FINE,  what do you want?"

 

Minyoung returned to class and found Jimin laying her head on the table, tapping her shoulder, Jimin looked up at her with a pout.

"What's wrong?".

"I need your help."

Minyoung blinked and nodded, "of course, what's up?"

"I want you to go with me somewhere." Jimin said, biting her lower lip.

"Where? You know I can't be late..."

Jimin shook her hands in the air waving a no. "It's somewhere near, I swear."

"Okay!" Minyoung smiled. "Where are we going then?"

"My boyfriend's birthday today and I need to get him a gift and you are from Seoul so, Can you help me?"

Minyoung nodded and gave a wide smile. She promised Jimin to find the best gift for him. She wanted to be a good friend to her just like Jimin was to her.

Haeun and Jiyeon saw the two friends smiling and they smirked giving a high five to each other.


I'm so sorry for the late update :) I hope you well enjoy this part as well. Thanks for all the support <3