part 11

Punch!

"She's crazy." Luhan rolled his eyes in frustration. He found the situation unbelievable. "She's just like her brother. Oh God!"

"But she's right, Hyung." Jungkook voice dropped in regret. "If it hadn't been for me, he would have been here with us right now."

"Stop blaming yourself." Luhan put a hand over Jungkook's shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "Seokjin wouldn't like to see you like this."

"He probably hates me." Jungkook ran a hand over his face. "I made him lose everything."

"Jungkook it was--"

"Yah! Guys! Aren't you coming out already?!" Minyoung yelled from outside and Luhan chuckled. "See, she's so bright and loud, even in the hardest time."

"She's incredibly loud." Jungkook shook his head with a small smile over his face, remembering the time when he saw Minyoung shaking in the dark street and the time when he scared her before.   

Jungkook and Luhan carried bags of fodders and made their way out.

Minyoung was crossing her arms around her chest as she waited impatiently for both guys to approach more quickly.

"Slow. You are so slow." Minyoung snorted.

Luhan threw the bag over the ground next to Minyoung and she jumped, avoiding it as he glared at her. "Why don't you try and carry one of them? Let me see how strong you are? Let me see how you would run with those on your back." 

Jungkook put the bag calmly, he didn't seem to find the bags as heavy as it looked with luhan. He looked up to find Minyoung alone, standing by herself. Jimin was nowhere to be found.

"Did he run away?" Jungkook asked, putting his hand over his waist.

Minyoung held her laugh as she saw the big clothes on Jungkook. They were colorful, which was something new for her to see and they looked funny.

"He went to the bathroom..." Minyoung let a chuckle out of , trying hard not to burst out into laughing so much.

Luhan already looked funny and she was used to see Jimin in clothes like this since they liked to joke around by wearing their parent pyjamas when they were kids.

But seeing Jungkook losing his coolness was something funny indeed.

"Aren't you laughing too much?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow and Minyoung put a hand over . "Sorry, it's hilarious."

Jungkook bit down on his lower lip suppressing a smile. He loved, seeing Minyoung laughing and smiling. He noticed that the past few weeks her smile had faded so he was relieved to see it again. Bright and shining like the sun.

"I will bring more of this." Jungkook rolled his eyes and turned to walk away.

"Are you mad?" Minyoung called after him still laughing.

"Stop laughing, Minyoung. You aren't any better than me." Jungkook turned and smirked at her. "You look like an ajumma."

"YAH!!!"

He laughed and went to get more bags.

"Getting closer and closer huh?" Luhan elbowed Minyoung, teasing her.

Even though Minyoung slightly blushed, her eyes brightness lowered down. "Not really. There is still a huge wall between us." She half smiled. "Don't you agree?"

"What's wrong with you kids?" Luhan raised an eyebrow before leaving Minyoung and following Jungkook he found it silly how both of them couldn't be honest with their feelings to each other.

He wondered why they were being mean to themselves.

Silly kids, they are going to regret this later on.

 

Minyoung's POV

I watched Luhan following Jungkook into the storage room again.

My fake smile faded quickly once they were no longer around.

Jungkook and Luhan looked totally normal. As if there was nothing I should be worried about. I was still worried about Jimin.

I stared at the ground as my conversation with Jimin repeated in my head over and over again.

Jungkook looked fine.

Luhan was as hyper and mean as ever.

So why did Jimin look... Scared?!

 

  Flashback

 

 

Getting out of the house after changing my clothes, I greeted Luhan's grandmother who was there and she treated me nicely. To my surprise, I found a lot of my brother and Luhan's pictures around the house. This made me happy and cheered me up that I almost forgot, completely that I left two guys fighting outside.

I glimpsed Jimin who was walking toward me from far, but he looked like he had lost his soul midway from coming out of the storage room. As if he had seen a ghost in there.

I jogged toward him, the anxiety started to take over me. What was going on? And where were the others? Did the fight between him and Jungkook have overloaded?

"What's wrong Jimin?" I frowned, linking my arm with his. 

Jimin opened his mouth, then closed it again. He had something to say, but he was hesitating whether or not to talk.

He took a deep breath before letting the words come out. "I have something to tell you Minyoung..."

"And it is...?"

"Get away from Jungkook."

I sighed, scratching my head, "Jimin, look! It is just a small fight and misunderstanding so don't take it to heart."

"No, you don't understand." Jimin snapped, his eyes showed fear. He looked just the same as anyone at the school when they talk about him. As if Jungkook was the devil living on earth and they had to fear him.

"Jimin, did something else happen between you guys?" I asked, looking behind him as there was no sight of the other two guys.

I didn't want to talk about how scary Jungkook was again, I got enough of this talk. Because as for me, he wasn't, like what the others had described him and the only one who I should fear was Haeun. Not him.

So I called them out. "Yah! Guys! Aren't you coming out already?"

Jimin didn't look at me. He was staring at the ground when he said, "I will go to the bathroom." Before vanishing off.

 

   End of flashback

 

I was worried about him. What got into him suddenly? 

After Luhan and Jungkook had finished moving the bags to outside, Jimin appeared again. His hair was wet as well as his face.

He looked better to me. I assumed he went to cool his mind down with some fresh water. 

Maybe because Jimin was an overprotecting person, even to me who was just his best friend, he got worried after Jungkook had been a little mean to me.

He stood by my side and I glanced up at him, "are you okay?"

He just nodded, ruffling his hair. 

"What took you so long?" Luhan asked, wiping the drops of sweat from his face with the back of his hand. 

"I... I was looking for the bathroom." Jimin said.

"He went for a shower." Jungkook scoffed and I thought it was just my imagination, but Jimin gave a sharp look to Jungkook. "I'm sorry if I'm late."

"No, you aren't. I need your help, come on." Luhan said and Jimin followed him silently.

I stood there, watching the two leaving me and Jungkook alone.

I wondered at first why Luhan would take Jimin alone for some help. It sounded strange since Jungkook was there and he knew him better than Jimin who he had just met a few hours ago.

Would it be because of the fight earlier? Time for a small lesson!

"Your friend was trying to run away" Jungkook said suddenly so I jumped slightly when I felt his breath behind me. "Wasn't he?"

"He wasn't." I said, taking some steps away from him.

I could feel Jungkook gaze on me so I looked at him, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. He looked like he had a lot of things to say.

"Do you want to say something?" I asked finally.

"No" Jungkook shook his head, but then nodded. "Yes, I have."

"Uh?"

"I'm sorry about earlier. I was mean." He said, never meeting my eyes. His hands found his neck as he started to rub his nape. "I don't like to apologise, but I'm sorry." 

You nodded and gave a small smile, "It is okay. I understand.... Friends, right?" I reached out my hand for a handshake. He stared at it as if I handed him a knife not my hand.

Embarrassed, I slid my hand slowly to my side again. "Maybe not?"

"I'm sorry." Jungkook apologised again, "I don't want to be your friend, Minyoung.... I never wanted to."

I nodded, it was the tenth time that I was rejected from him. But it was silly because the last time he was the one who said we were friends and he was the one who made a joke about wanting me as his girlfriend.

I don't understand you Jeon Jungkook!

Why would I fight with Haeun when Jungkook always rejects my friendship? She should know that and just leave me alone. "Yeah, I understand this time. I will make my distance from now on"

I took a few steps backward away from Jungkook, he looked at me as if he was telling me that it wasn't what he meant but I preferred it this way more. "Let's keep at least two meters between us."

"Minyoung, I didn't mean --"

"It's better this way." I smiled, "your girlfriend won't run after me and kill me anymore... I will have a peaceful life like before... Don't you agree?"

I hated it when I couldn't read Jungkook expression and most of the time I couldn't do that.

He looked at me with his eyes fixed on me. His gaze was strong enough to break a stone."Minyoung, Haeun isn't my girlfriend."

My heart stopped for a second and all I could hear was the wind passing me. It hit me really hard but my legs had strength enough to make me stay strong. I stared at his eyes for god knows how long, but I was astonished. Why? Was all I could think of?

"Why is she after me then?" I asked, my eyes fluttered with confusion and anger. "Why are you telling me this now?"

"She's after you because I like you." Jungkook suddenly confessed. At this moment I could feel my heart throbbing again, strongly.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring my own heart and scoffed, I was not going to fall for this twice. "Old joke."

"It's not a joke."

"No, it's a joke." I snapped, my heart beating increased. "You did it before, Jungkook. Don't you remember?"

"I don't want to be your friend because I like you Minyoung." Jungkook gaze was still strong on me. As he slowly approached me. "I want to be more than just your friend."

I walked backward until my back hit a tree. I looked up at Jungkook and felt like he could see through me. That he could see my feelings and how fast my heart was beating.

"Minyoung!" Jimin called from behind you, followed by luhan, cutting my sudden and the most strange conversation with Jungkook. I pushed Jungkook away and walked passed him.

I could see him, sighing from the edge of my eye as if he regretted his confession that he had made. He ran a hand through his hair, sighing again.

I felt relieved because I was ready to forget about my feelings for him and he just made his confession to me. My feelings were mixed and I was confused. I didn't know what I should say or do. My heart was about to explode. 

"Jungkook, Haeun is waiting for you at the house." Luhan called, pointing with his thumb behind him at the house that was a few meters away from us. "She seemed angry."

"What now?" Jungkook groaned in frustration. His arm brushed mine as he walked past me. It burned where he touched me. Damn!

I watched Jimin giving a death glare at Jungkook's back as he jogged away from us. I walked slowly toward him. He jumped when I touched his arm.

"Are you okay?"

"You really shouldn't trust him." Jimin said firmly. "I don't trust him at all. I don't like seeing you around him."

I gave my most bewildered look to Jimin which said: why should I? Why don't you? What's going on?

Jimin was similar to me. Even when we tried so hard not to trust people we ended up trusting them. So there must be something really big for him to say that. But he didn't seem like he was willing to tell me.

"Let's work guys. We wasted a lot of time." Luhan yelled, making me and Jimin nod and we started helping him.

***

Narrator POV

 

Haeun stood up once she saw Jungkook entering the room. She gave Jungkook greeting and a lovely smile. She was about to open to talk when she found herself pinned over the wall.

Her back hit the wall hard that she felt her heart was going to get out of her chest.

She coughed as Jungkook's hand tightened around .

"You lied to me." Jungkook said angrily, clenching his free hand. "You said you won't touch her."

"Why is she still sticking to you?" Haeun winced, speaking hardly "You promised."

"I kept my promise!" Jungkook's eyes were shooting fire. "But you never did."

"Why is she here?  Huh? Why is she always around you?" Haeun snapped. "We are together now, aren't we?" 

"Not anymore... Keep yourself out of this now." Jungkook ordered firmly. "I don't care what your evil mind will do in the future, but I know that I'll stop you."

Jungkook released his grip from around her. Haeun fell over the ground coughing. She held her neck where Jungkook was suffocating her, rubbing it gently.

"You ... Will... Never... Stop me" Haeun choked on her words, trying to breath normally again. She stood up glaring at the boy who she loved for a long time. "I'll destroy you slowly, Jungkook. I will never let you be happy with her. I will destroy your happiness."

Jungkook's blood boiled as he feared she would use Minyoung in her play. He clenched his fist tightly and threw it in the air toward her face, but stopped midway before hitting her.

Haeun stood there, frozen and her eyes widened. dried suddenly. He was about to hit her.

"Tell me one reason for not killing you right now."

Haeun relaxed a bit as she met with Jungkook's soulless eyes. She leaned close to Jungkook's ear and whispered. "You won't make the same mistake twice. You are too good to do that."

She placed a small kiss over his cheek before making her leave. "See you later, Jeon Jungkook."

"Just burn in hell." Jungkook cursed as he watched Haeun leave.

He was worried about Minyoung. He was leaving in a couple days for his championship. He was sure he could make Minyoung safe as long as he was around, but he didn't know what would happen to Minyoung when he leave.

He couldn't save Seokjin before and he didn't want to lose her too. He had lost a lot of people already.

***

Once Haeun was out of the house, she ruffled her hair in frustration. She got angry. Was Jungkook breaking up with her? All what was in her mind was how she could get rid of Minyoung and Jungkook at the same time.

Haeun yelped when suddenly someone who looked familiar appeared in front of her.

"I remember you." Haeun narrowed her eyes, examining the handsome boy in front of her. "Ah! The boy from yesterday, Minyoung's best friend?"

"You have a good memory." Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"So what does our hero want?" She asked, a smirk on her face.

"You and Jungkook, Stop playing around with Minyoung." He said firmly. "Leave her alone."

Haeun scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, of course." She nodded, gave a look to Jimin to get away from her way.

"I'm taking seriously." Jimin's eyes turned dark.

"Another Romeo here." Haeun sighed, running her hand through her hair. "I want to go home, Can you get away, please?"

Jimin moved away from her way as she left.

Haeun was burning from inside, she took her phone and called her brother.

"Oppa, I need to do it now. Can you please help me?"

 

***

Minyoung's POV

 

We finished working when the sun said its goodbye.

I was so tired to walk. We cleaned the place after we gave food to the animals and we helped in planting strawberries too. We had some of it which was so delicious, but I was so tired to think of anything.

"Thank you guys." Luhan said. I nodded tiredly, Jimin grinned and Jungkook put his hands in his pocket. "Here's your payment for your hard work."

My face lightened up when Luhan gave each one of us a white envelope Wow, There's even a payment. I was really happy because it was my first payment ever. I never had a part time job before and I'm not used to get money for any work I do.

For the first time, I felt that this money was mine. Not a pocket money that I get from my mom or my dad.

I looked at Jimin and he was grinning just like me. I was happy to see his smile again.

"Thank you Luhan so much." I said and gave him a hug, he hugged me back. His hug reminded me of my brother's, it was warm and sincere.

"I will go home. See you guys tomorrow." I said when Jimin and Jungkook said simultaneously. "Let's go together."

I chuckled as I shook my head. They were going to go in the same direction anyway and it was the opposite direction to my way home. "You don't have to."

"But it's dark already. You are a scaredy cat." Jungkook said a matter of fact and I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry. I will go home safely."

"Just take care and call me if something happened." Jimin said.

"What do you think of me, guys?" I exclaimed in annoyance. "I'm not a child, you know?"

"You are." Luhan chuckled and I smiled before heading to my way.

When I was two blocks away from Luhan's house I heard my name being called.

I turned to find Jungkook jogging to my way. "Wait, Minyoung."

"Did I forget something?" I gave him a questioning look.

 "Yes!" Jungkook stopped in front of me. "You didn't answer me yet."

"Answer you?"

  "Yes Minyoung... I like you."

I stood there stunned. I looked at my hands and started rubbing them together before meeting his eyes again. "Jungkook, I..."

"Do you hate me?"

"NO." I said immediately and Jungkook smiled, "Do you like me then?"

"I..... I.... d... do, I do like you Jungkook." I finally confessed. Feeling my heart lightened a little at the same time it was beating so loudly. "I thought it was obvious already."

The second thing I remember after my confess, was Jungkook's lips over mine. My eyes widened for a short while before closing them, feeling Jungkook moving his lips against mine as I kissed him back.

He leaned his forehead against mine when he pulled away. He warped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. "I like you."

"You said that already." I chuckled and he smiled, but this smile faded slowly as his eyes met mine.

"Minyoung, if the rumors around me were true, will you hate me?" Jungkook asked and I reached my hand to his face, cupping it.

"No, I won't hate you." I said, believing in him. "I just can't hate you Jungkook. It's hard to do so."  

"Thank you." He kissed my nose before I said goodbye and leave alone since I insisted to do so.  

I couldn't deny that I was scared but my heart was still beating so fast.

My heart slowly dropped in fear. The street was awfully dark in this direction, just like when I first came here.

I needed to buy something in my way home so I took the long road.

This road would lead me to the nearest department shops. Or that's what my GBS said. I kept walking and walking and wondered how long it would take me to reach it.

The silence of the street scared me. So when I heard someone walking behind me again the terror took over me.

I increased my pace in order for whoever was walking behind me to ignore me or walk away. But the footsteps started to get nearer as if it was directed toward--

Two strong arms held me from behind. I squirreled, struggled to free myself and kicked my legs in the air, trying to get myself out of his grip but he was so strong. I couldn't scream because he put something over my mouth and nose. Slowly I lost control over my body. I no longer felt my arms fighting for freedom, nor were my legs trying to run away. My body relaxed against my will as my mind became dizzy and soon I didn't feel anything.


 

I … I don’t know XD I Just need to know what do you think guys?