Part 3

Punch!

tumblr_inline_niw89uT3az1s7zz1z.jpg

 

Minyoung's POV

"Here we are." Jungkook said after sending me back in front of the school gate. I asked him to walk me back to school since I didn't know how to get back home from where we were.

The walk to school was a little awkward. Me and Jungkook were silent. My sudden hug was shocking for both of us. My cheeks were burning after I realized what I had done, I apologized and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, saying it was fine.

"Thanks." I pressed my lips into line as I took off his jacket that he gave to me, handing it to him and turned to leave when I remembered that I'll be back to the same street that I was chased at. The fear took me again and I didn't want to walk home alone.

"Jungkook!" I turned to look back at him. "I'm sorry, but can I ask for something?"

His eyes widened and nodded slightly, waiting for my request.

"Actually... I-I'm scared. Can you wake me home?" I closed my eyes as I asked him. My words rushed out of my mouth quickly. It's embarrassing to ask a boy who didn't offer, to take me home.

"I'm really scared." I bit my lips.

Jungkook sighed, putting his hands in his sweater’s pocket, walking toward me "How did you end up like this anyway?"

"Someone was chasing me and I lost my way while running away," I said, walking with him

Jungkook giggled, and I swear that I'm starring at his face while he was laughing, he was a completely different person and my heart skipped a beat again and somehow I felt something groaning in my stomach. I almost forgot that I was hungry. 

"You're a troublesome person" Jungkook locked eyes with mine. His dark eyes were twinkling and I thought that I started to imagine things.

"What about you? ... You are scary..."  I murmured to myself, but he heard me

"Scary?" Jungkook sighed. "You also find me scary huh?."

I nodded. Feeling bad for being scared of such a cute creature like him, his next question snapped me. "Why? Because of the rumors?"

It hit me hard.

RUMORS!

The thing I hated the most about this country. I almost forgot what rumors had done to my family and me years ago before going to Seoul. Because of how small this countryside  was, the words travelled like a wind between people and unfortunately it changed from one to another.

From something good to something bad.

"Are you saying that they aren't true?"

"What did you even hear? There are a lot of rumors around me?" He chuckled. He sounded like he didn't care about them while his eyes said otherwise.

"Actually, it wasn't the rumors -I can't deny that the rumors made it worth through." I said and he smiled. "Why are you scared then?"

"I'm not-I was, but not now. Honestly, despite your handsome face, your eyes scared me." I giggled. "You’re black in black clothes and that red line in it." I pointed at his sweater "-what is it for anyway?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulder. "You aren't scared anymore!"

I nodded and smiled, but his eyes changed into the cold and scary one, he wasn't smiling anymore as if I said something I wasn't supposed to.

"Why?"

"Because you aren't. You just saved me twice today and I'm really grateful. You don't even know me and I don't know you. But you still helped me, I think you aren’t a bad person."

"You are right. We don't know each other… You don't know me... So you should stay away from me. Because this is how it should be." He said it coldly, his words were so heavy in the cold thin air and my body shuddered.

One minute ago he was all friendly and smiley and just in a brief of a second he turned back into that scary and cold person.

I knew he was hiding something, it was written all over his face. I believed that a person who saved someone's life which he didn't even know, isn't a bad person, or even a gangster.

 I wanted to know him more, however, I felt like I was rejected. He pushed me away in the moment that I started to get attracted to him. 

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because you should."

"I don't believe the rumors, you know."

"Why do you even care? Just stay away!"

"I want to be your friend!" I snapped and his eyes widened. "I don't know, but I want to know you personally. Can't I?"

"You can't... Rumors sometimes could be true!" He said his voice is flat and scary. And a creepy feel took over me.

Rumors sometimes could be true.

"No." I said. I knew the rumors wouldn't ever be true. No! If they were true, then my family wouldn't have been hurt like this.

"I don't believe you." Out of anger I speeded my pace and walked home alone. Leaving my life saver alone in the middle of the street.

 He shouldn't have said things like this when I knew exactly what he was talking about. I knew how it felt to be surrounded by false rumors.

I learned that I should follow my heart and my heart told me to be friend with him because people misunderstood him. Badly. This was my time to help him. To return the favor for saving me.

Home had been  just two buildings away so it wasn't as dangerous as before thanked to Jung kook who almost sent me home.

When I arrived, I tiredly took off my shoes as my mom came out of the kitchen and stood before me. Her hands were on her waist, her gaze was shooting a laser on me.

“Mom, I’m tired.” I let a sigh out of my mouth and went to my room

"Why are you so late?" My mom followed me. She didn't look pleased.

"I lost my way home and my battery was dead." I almost cried again, remembering the terrified feeling of being followed.

"Aigo~ you are such a mess." My mother said, hugging me. "You must have been scared."

I needed that hug and I was thankful that mom did it without asking her to. I clenched my fist in her clothes sobbing my heart out.

My mom patted my back and hugged me tighter. She was so protective, as she didn't want to lose me too. I didn't remember her being like this before. She didn’t really cared, then I discovered I was wrong. Because she protected me while he was away.

I calmed down and my mom sat beside me on my bed. I told her what had happened and the anger and concern were shown all over her face. I told her she didn't have to get worried as I wasn't going to be late again and she nodded, but still I felt she was worried about me.

"Thanks god you are back to me safely" she cupped my face, patting my cheeks.

“Hmmm…” I nodded, wiping my tears away.

“Should I pick you up next time?”

I shook my head and gave her a smile, “You don’t have to worry. I’ll be fine.”

“How can I not worry?” she sighed, running a hand through her hair. “Ah! How did you get home?”

"A boy from my school helped me," I said, playing with the hem of my T-shirt.

"A boy?!" My mom exclaimed, raising her eyebrow. The smile on her face was as bright as the sun and I rolled my eyes. “Mom!” 

"You should have invited him in? We have to thank him."

We just have a fight.

"I don't know him that well mom." That's right. I didn't know him well enough to trust him.

I shouldn’t trust anyone here. Not again, not ever. But….

"What? And you let him take you home!"

"Mom, we just came here not along ago.  How am I supposed to know anyone here? And… I was lost. He just helped me." 

"Ah! That's right....” She stood on her feet and placed a hand over my shoulder. “Take a shower, I will prepare food."

"Hmm." I nodded as my mom made her way out of my room. I held a photo frame that was placed over my bed. It was the photo that was taken a long time ago with him, my brother, before he lost his life by two months.

 He was bending down on his knee to be on the same level as me, we both make a V sign with our fingers and winking. I ran my fingers over his face on the photo, remembering how he always had been next to me, protecting me.

"Oppa, how are you?" I started to talk to the photo something that I used to do every day.

I liked to tell my brother everything that happened to me and after he was dead, I started to talk to him through pictures. Hoping that once I close my eyes I would see him in my dreams, responding to me.

"Oppa, today I miss you so much. More than any other day. I had a lot of trouble and I wished that you can come and save me. But Oppa, you know… Someone appeared in front of me like a guardian angel. Did you, send him to me? I don't know, but... He appears every time I'm in trouble and saves me then…. He is all like; I'm scary, you should stay away….” I rolled my eyes and snapped, “He's annoying me Oppa. I know he might be scary, but I believe that he had a warm side inside of him.” I sighed.

“Oppa he reminds me of you a lot, he even looks a bit like you. Can you believe that?" I told him everything happened and before heading to the bathroom, I kissed the picture, placing it on the bed again.

I miss you Oppa

***

On my way to school, I felt my legs weak and unsteady. I ran so much the other day and I was so tired, but I had to go to school anyway. I had to thank Luhan too, for letting me go home.

"Minyoung-ah~" I turned at the sound of a female calling me, Jimin was running as fast as she could, to catch me.

"Good morning." I said, giving her a high five, the both of us started doing this lately. We walked side by side to our school gate.

"Morning~" she smiled. Her smile was cute. Her eyes curved that I couldn't see them. "How was your day? After school, I mean."

"Tired." I whined

 She laughed and recommended, "Let's go have fun today then."

"No thank you, seriously, yesterday I turned into a runner. I ran so much that all my muscles hurt"

Before she could ask for more explanation I changed the subject it was not like I want to bring such a scary memory again. "What about yours?"

"Me!" She pointed at herself grasping her hands together. "I ... I went on a date~" she said shyly and I felt an urge to .

"Oooh~ you have a boyfriend."

She nodded shyly. "Actually, not yet. We aren't officially dating, but we hung around a lot"

"Happy for you girl." I nudged her and she did the same.

"You should get one, girl." She said, winking and I scoffed. The last thing I would do was having a boyfriend from this country.

Over my dead body!

"Yeah, of course when I return back to Seoul." I said and she rolled her eyes, smiling.

“I miss Jimin.” I sighed, thinking how nice it would be if he was with me now. I glanced a look at Jimin who was looking at me with raising eyebrow.

“What?” I chuckled.

“Why would you miss me when I’m here?” She smirked, “Did you fall for me?”

“WHAT?” I exclaimed, and she giggled.

“He’s my best friend who lives in Seol.  He has the same name as yours.”

“Oh! It’s not me. Now I’m hurt.” She faked a wince and I laughed at her silliness. She was a funny friend to be with.

 She looked at me, hesitantly and I knew she was going to bring up a topic I didn't want to open but I knew sooner or later I would.

"I heard you used to live her, is that true?"

"Yup." I nodded.

"Wow, I don't even remember you."

"That's good, because I don't remember you too." I said a matter of fact. Actually, I didn't remember any kid from this school. All I remembered was the harassed and bullying I received back then, but who did that I have no idea.

Back then, the kids used to eat my food because my lunch books were better than theirs. I would cry in the corner alone until my brother came. He would hug me and patting my back. Telling me that it would be okay and next time no one would take my lunch books. On our way home, he would buy me an ice cream that I loved. He was the best brother ever.

"Minyoung, a-are you okay?" Jimin asked. She was having a shocking expression over her face.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Are you sure? You're crying."

I reached my hands to my cheeks where I found it wet. I wiped them quickly and giggled. "Something went in my eyes."

***

When we reached to our class, Jimin banged into the classroom and said good morning to the other kids while I went to my seat. And he was there sleeping again on his desk.

I cleared my throat to bring attention, but he didn't look. I cleared my throat again, louder this time, but no use.

"Yah! Jeon Jung kook!" I yelled and all the class turned and looked at me.

"You're so noisy. Wae?" He lifted his head up, lazily.

I felt awkward with all the eyes on us. So I remained silent.

"What do you want?" He spat and I shook my head. "Nothing."

He returned back to his sleeping and the murmuring filled the room.

"What? Did she just talk to him?"

"Isn't she scared?"

"Does she hope for her death?"

"He will finish her up soon."

"It's her turn."

"What the hell are you doing?" Jimin whispered, sitting next to me.

"What?" I whispered back.

"I told you not to talk to him. I'm not joking, but he's seriously scary."

"What makes you all believe that?" I wanted an explanation. I didn't believe her one bit.

"Listen girl, he's a true gangster. He once hit a group of a school from the area next to us. Alone... He almost killed them. He beat them up badly."

What is she talking about?

"He was suspended before and if he gets involved in another fight, he will be expelled... There was even a rumor that he got a girl pregnant and he caused the death of someone."

Jung kook stood up suddenly from his desk, in which his chair fell on the ground, making a loud bang which surprised me.

“So annoying…”

I looked at his back as he made his way out of the class. His back looked unbearably sad. I wanted to run after him and to ask him about the truth from him, but it was no use, I had no right to do so.

"Do you think he heard us?"

"Probably." I sighed.

“Oh Gosh. I’m dead now what if he attached me.” She hugged herself.

Soon the teacher entered the class and everyone became silent but not my mind which was having a fight for the truth.

Why do I even care? I ruffled my hair in frustration before I excused myself to the bathroom, which I used it only as an excuse to get out of class. The teacher gave me a death glare, but I didn’t care, I need to clear up my mind.

I walked through the empty hallway, putting one of my earbud on, heading to the small garden that was behind the school building.

I leaned on the wall, looking at the sky, closing my eyes for a little clean mind when I heard a murmuring and giggling of girls coming closer.

 “Oh! Look who have skipped the class?” One of the girls said and I recognized her. She was the same girl who annoyed you the day before, Haeun

“Miss good is skipping class.” She said mockingly and the other two girls that were with her laughed.

Haeun’s skirt was so short that it reached and the sleeves of her shirt were rolled up, I raise my eyebrow, scanning her.

“Why are you looking at me like this?” She snapped, grabbing me from my shirt. I yelped as I was pulled toward her, her face was close to mine and her gaze was a warning one on me.

Haeun leaned in and whispered “Get away from Jungkook, if you want to us to be good friends!”

“Get away from me. Who wants to be friend with you?” I pushed her.

“Yah!” Her face roused up with anger, she was about to hit me, but the girls stopped her, holding her back.

“Kim Minyoung… Just watch me out.” She spat before walking passed me, slapping her shoulder with mine fiercely which ended up with me falling over the ground. 

______________________________

Aaaah! what was that ? XD Hahaha, so what do you think guys? 

Part 4?