Part 6

Punch!

Minyoung's POV

The grasshopper noises were hugging us, the clock ticking was clearly heard, and the sound of the empty wind was spread in every inch in my room.

I cleared my throat, hoping it would bring some talk after it. I hated the deadly silence and the awkward atmosphere in my room that I wanted to run away, far, far away just to avoid this.

I looked up slowly, afraid to catch Jungkook staring at me. He was sitting on a chair that was placed next to my desk, opposite to my bed which I was sitting on, playing with his fingers and I know only one thing, I hated my mom for putting in this kind of situation.

My mom asked Jungkook to treat the house as his, which I found it a ridiculous thing to say, Why would she say that? she even put rules when Jimin came in my room. And she also told him to have some talk with me until she brought the juice for us.

Thank you Mom!

It was too awkward to bear anymore until...

"How is your injury?" Jungkook was the first one to break the unbearable silence.

"Huh?" I snapped, blinking. I was so busy thinking that Jungkook was actually in my bedroom!

"Your ankle?" He said, pointing at my ankle.

"It... It is better… I think."

"That's good," he nodded, pressing his lips together.

"Your shoulder?" I asked, pointing at where the books hit him," I think it healed, isn't it?"

He nodded again.

“I have never thought I would see you in a place like this, ” I said, trying to find any object to talk about.

It was simply awkward to have a boy in my room. No boy, except for Jimin had ever entered my room.

What made the situation worst and strange for me, was that my heart couldn’t calm down, just a bit and I was afraid to look at Jungkook and ended up staring at him or having a heart attack.

“It’s my place, I spend most of my time there.” Jungkook answered me and smiled, seeing his shoulder relaxed a bit, releasing the tension that was in his muscles.

“But My uncle closed his club a long time ago, the boxing team was disbanded After my brother died.” I said, trying not to sound so sad or depressed.

“I asked him…”

“What?” I blinked at him. Confused.

“I asked him to open it again, I wanted to learn and take the championship.” Jungkook explain giving a slight smile, again.

“But why?”

What a silly question. Of course he won’t answer me

“I want to be like him… he gave me hope that I could, someday, help people, save them and… protect myself… some kind of self-defense.” Jungkook explained and for the first time he was willing to tell me, anything about him, to really open his heart and I think I might fly from happiness and I decided to be more curious.

"But instead you made people fear you, run away from you?" I asked  

"It's because I'm strong, they choose to fear me." He quoted.  

I rolled my eyes and sneered, A Silly excuse. I really didn't understand his point of view, but I also didn't want to argue with him now, so I let it go. "So full of yourself! Huh?"

I saw him laugh and it made me smile shyly as my heart skipped a beat. I was the reason of his smile.

Jungkook, at first seemed to be scary, I became afraid of him, but then slowly I began to know him through coincidence. And as I tried my best to be his friend to help to clear up the misunderstanding around him there was this feeling inside of me, something I never felt before. I think I had--  

Five minutes later, my mom entered with the juice and some snacks for us to eat and I think I got closer to Jungkook. He was smiling and talkative, something I didn't see at all in the school. His image is completely different from what he really was and I felt proud of myself for thinking he was a good person.

Yes, at first I believed the rumors, but then, No, I should learn more about him, I grew more interested in him as the fate brought us together in a lot of things and I couldn't believe he was the boy I planned to avoid for the rest of my life when I first came.

 

"I have to go now," Jungkook stood on his foot as he looked at my mom who didn't leave and stayed with us, almost the whole time.

"Oh! Already!" My mom said, making a sad expression and I wondered if my mom had fallen for him. Jungkook had the face that most of the mothers would like and I wondered how my father would react around him.

It's not like he's going to come again.

"I've things to do and it's already late." Jungkook smiled shyly.

My eyes switched from jungkook to the clock that was placed behind him on the wall. It was 22:00 and I almost gasped. The time passed so quickly, and I cursed and slapped myself mentally for wanting him to stay more.

"Okay, you should go. You have to visit us again." My mom patted his shoulder and Jungkook grinned, showing his teeth for the first time and nodded, "of course I will."

"You will?" I found myself saying. I was surprised that the words passed through my mouth without thinking.

"You don't want me to?" He raised an eyebrow and I faked a cough.

"You should go." I pointed out and he surpassed a laughter which made me embarrassed.

He bowed to my mom for the last time before taking his leave, I followed him out of my room to send him.

He put his shoes on quickly and straightened his back, smiling at me before reaching his hand to the door knob. "See you tomorrow, Minyoung" He turned to leave, but then stopped, looking at me again. His mouth opened, then closed, he looked nervous about something.

"What?" I asked and he rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Give me your phone." He reached his hands out and I blinked, confused, but naively, I opened my pattern and gave it to him. Thinking he would call someone.

He typed something and his phone rang, he handed me my phone back and smiled, "Now I have your phone number, save my number too."

"What?" My eyes widened, but before I could protest, he was already jogged out of the house.

I still didn't believe he smiled and talked to me or what he had just done, I watched him as he blended with the street darkness, my mouth was slightly open.

I released the breath that I was unconsciously holding when I heard a crack of some branches in our small garden.

I looked around and there was no one.

"It must be a cat." I murmured, looking around again when a hand fell over my shoulder.

Screaming, I covered my face with my hand when I heard a familiar voice, "what are you doing?"

"Huh?" I looked over my shoulder and my mom was there. I placed a hand over my chest, trying to steady my breathing, "Mom~ you scared the hell out of me!!!" I snapped

"Oh, really. Sorry then" my mom smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"He left?"

"Who?"

"Jungkook, of course. Why do I have a stupid daughter?"

Narrowing my eyes, I looked at my mom, "Mom, I'm not stupid and I and Jungkook aren't even friends. He doesn't like me at all. So you should stop thinking of what you are thinking!"

"Really, because I saw something else." She smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"Ask yourself." She winked at me before heading back inside and I ran after her.

"Mom, seriously..."

***

"Good morning" I greeted Jimin who had already arrived and was talking to other kids as hyper as she always was, with a smile.

"Ah, you're here." She squeezed me in her arms before letting go. "Today, you should play with us after school we are planning to go to karaoke room"

As small as this country was, they actually had a karaoke room where most of the kids here went to kill their time.

I gave her a wary smile, taking my seat.

"Good morning." A familiar voice greeted and my eyes almost popped out of my head. I snapped, turning to actually see Jungkook was greeting me and all the kids in the class was yelping, gasping and whispering.

It wasn't a dream.

After all the previous day didn't seem like a normal day, I almost thought it all was my imagination, however, this morning, my mom actually said, "I like this kid, Jungkook. He is a good boy." It wasn't a dream!!

"Oh, morning." I greeted him back as he took his regular seat.

"This isn't normal at all." Jimin whispered beside me and I shook my head, then nodded, then shook my head again, I was so confused. "At all."

Was Jungkook actually trying to be friend with me?

Are we friends now?

***

Narrator POV

As Minyoung always loved, at the lunch break, she ran to the library. This time she was more excited for mostly two reasons; that she actually remembered Luhan and was looking forward to tell him, to talk about her brother more and more and to ask him many of things, and the second was that was the only place she could freely talk to Jungkook.

She tried so hard to avoid him in class and she pretended that she was studying, talking or listening to music whenever he tried to lock eyes with her. Simply because there was another eyes on her, Haeun's.

What Haeun wanted from Minyoung was still unknown? Which actually annoyed Minyoung and she tried to challenge Haeun, to see what she could do and what right did she have to tell her not to talk to Jungkook?

At first she thought Haeun was just like Jimin. Scared and frightened of him, but no, Haeun was different.

She was warning her with angry and something else she couldn't figure it out yet.

Having her way to the library, passing through the play yard that was filled with the first year kids who was skipping their meals and playing football. She tried to speed up her pace when--

"Yaaaaah! WATCH OUT."

She turned toward the yelling sound only to find the ball was flying toward her with unexpected speed.

She crumbled to the ground, a scream skipped out as she was ready to get hit. There was no way she could avoid such a ball with such a speed. She closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the pain, for the ball to hit her at least in the head but there was nothing.

Suddenly a body flew over and kicked the ball back to the kids and protected Minyoung

"Thank you." One of the boys yelled back, following with cheering voices and clueless Minyoung looked up to find a boy was standing there, blocking the sun rays from her way.

"Are you going to remain like this?" He said, handing her a hand

Jungkook!

She was wrong. When she stood on her feet, she could, clearly see him now as the sun was no longer blocking her vision.  

"Lu-Luhan."

"Anyo, Minyoungie." He smiled at her, "you should be more careful." He patted her shoulder

"Did you, Just... Save me?" Minyoung's eyes were still widened. She remembered that Luhan used to be the main player of the football team. Seokjin, Minyoung's brother, kept talking about how skillful Luhan was while playing football. Despite him being also a part of the boxing team.

Luhan raise his chin up, raised an eyebrow and smirked, "your true hero is here."

"No thanks." Minyoung scoffed, held her hand in the air.

"So how's your second week?" Luhan asked, jogging beside Minyoung as she started to walk again.

"Why do you keep asking me that?" She wanted him to say it. To tell her; because I'm your brother's best friend and I care. But--

"I'm just curious. Don't have to tell me."

"Do you ask Jungkook too?"

"No, why would I? He’s big enough," he scoffed.

"He's the same age as me, I'm big enough too."

"You will always be my little s--" luhan slapped his mouth before he would continue his sentence.

Got you.

Minyoung smirked and raised her eyebrow. "Your little s-- what?"  

"Never mind." He shook his head, trying to hide his embarrassment with his smile.

They stopped at the entrance of the library when Minyoung took a deep breath and said, "You haven't changed one bit this whole time, still annoying as hell!!" she laughed.

Spinning around, Luhan gazed at Minyoung with his wide eyes. "You..."

"Sorry for forgetting you. It looks like you weren't that important in my life." Minyoung giggled.

"What? I was a better brother to you, than seokjin girl." He scowled, playfully, but soon it faded into a straight face when he saw the brief sadness on minyoung's face. "Minyoung, are you still--"

"No." She looked up at him and smiled, "I'm fine. I just missed you Luhan."

***

Minyoung picked up a book and sat in the place she and Jungkook were at last time, under the window that was looking at the beautiful garden, hoping that he would come and sat with her again. At least to see him, privately.

She was thinking of her last conversation with him when they were here and she felt her cheeks heated up and her heart start to pound so hard in her chest which made her have a slight dizziness. She couldn't believe she was actually waiting for him.

Her eyes were running over the words in her book, but she didn't understand a single word despite being easy to read. It was her mind that wasn't in reading, it was with how should she react when Jungkook come by. What should she say or how should she treat him? Were they friends now?

Frustratingly, Minyoung closed the book and looked through the window at the beautiful view that was behind.

The nature and its beauty started to calm her as the nice breeze tickled her face and refreshed her soul.

"Jungkook!"

Minyoung looked at her right, the voice came from the garden.

Her eyes widened and her heart dropped. The pain was great in her chest and her heart clenched hard.

Haeun and Jungkook were kissing. She tiptoed to reach him as her hands were holding his forearm for support. They were next to the huge tree that was next to the pond.

Minyoung couldn't bear the sight in front of her. Before turning to leave, she locked eyes with Jungkook and she felt her inside breaking down. She took a sprint out of the library as the lunch break ended.

Soullessly, Minyoung returned back to class and took her seat. She breathed out in which she found it a difficult thing to do. The back of was burning and her eyes started to water when Jimin dropped her hand over her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Jimin eyes gazed was worried about Minyoung. She could see that Minyoung was actually shaking.

Minyoug didn't answer her, she just bit her lips.

"Jungkook is here." Minyoung snapped when she heard that from Jimin, she didn't want to make eye contact with him, she didn't want to look at him. She didn't even understand why she was feeling this.

"Jimin, Could you switch seats with me?" Minyoung choked when she felt Jungkook gaze on her. She knew he was staring at her.

Confused Jimin looked at Jungkook whose face was blank and at the terrified Minyoung next to her, she gulped at nodded, agreeing.


What? Jungkook and Haeun!!! 

What do you think guys? Part 7??

Wow this actually is getting longer and longer XD NO!!

Guys thank you so much for upvoting ^_^ <3