part 5

Punch!

“He will be here soon!” Jungkook said, putting a mug of hot milk in front of Minyoung.

Minyoung kept starring at the mug in front of her without saying one word, as if all the words had run off from her tongue. Only one question was in her mind, what the hell was Jungkook doing here at her uncle's house?

*

10 Minutes ago....

The bags that were in Minyoung’s hands fell on the ground in which Jungkook breathlessly looking in her direction.

Minyoung didn’t know what she was actually seeing, she couldn't figure out what that supposed to mean. Jungkook was punching the sand bag with all his strengths as if his life was depending on it.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook hissed and Minyoung snapped from her shock.

Was he really a bad person? Using my uncle training club for his fights? What is this?

“I-I came to see my uncle… where is he?” She exhaled, the words coming out from soullessly.

“Your uncle?!” Jungkook eye’s widened. “You’re,” He gulped hard, “Kim Seokjin’s sister?”

“You know, Oppa?”


 

*

“Minyoung-ah…” Jungkook called her after clearing his throat, and Minyoung switched her gaze to him. He looked nervous as he kept his bottom lip. “I’m…”

“I’m home” A voice said as the door suddenly opened revealing her uncle.

Once he spotted Minyoung, he ran to her and crushed her into a hug.

Minyoung, annoyingly, pushed her uncle away, “I thought you would be here?”

“I went out to buy something. Yaah, you brat! You missed me?” he pinched her cheeks and hugged her again.

She was powerless to fight her childish uncle back. He had always been like this, loving his sister’s children, despite him hating the idea of having kids, which Minyoung believed it was the reason why he hadn’t married till that moment.

Jungkook stepped away, watching the heartwarming reunion of the uncle and his niece from far. He smiled seeing how they tease and annoy each other. It had been a long time since he saw his coach smiling.

Something inside Jungkook flipped when he saw Minyoung was smiling to her uncle. Like he never expected from her to do. He also smiled, unexpectedly think that her smile was actually cute.

He hit his head for thinking like that and returned back to his training room. Jungkook sighed, sitting on the bench that was placed next to the small battle ring at the corner of the room.

So it was really her? She’s back.

He smiled again to himself, wearing back his gloves to continue his practice.

***

“Samchon, aren’t you going to make up with mom?” Minyoung asked, taking a bit from the food that her uncle had prepared for her which actually was her mother’s food.

“She still thinks I killed him, right?” Her uncle’s tone became serious suddenly.

Putting back her spoon on the table Minyoung sighed and gave a small smile to her uncle, “If she was still thinking so, she won’t send you even a little bit of this food.”

“Right? She would have ignored me, right?” He inquired and she nodded, “you knew my mom, sensitive but caring.”

Minyoung watched her uncle exclaimed in happiness, jumping all over the place and clapping his hands together. He suddenly grabbed her cheeks in his hands and look closely at her eyes.

“Uncle,” she muffled as her lips was pursed up. “I don’t think it’s something you should get happy about. I’m still blaming you.”

He cleared his throat and returned back to his seat. “How’s your life here? Does anyone remember you?”

“Thankfully, No. No one really said anything in particular about me being the coward's or gangster's sister, so I don’t think they remember.”

“I think so too, Jungkook would tell me if he recognized you.” Her uncle said, watching his niece almost spat her food all over the table

“Jungkook! Ah, right, uncle. What’s your relationship with him?” she wiped with the back of her hands, looking at her uncle with her eyes wide.

“You don’t remember him. He is that kid…"

Minyoung gave him a look that said: Am I supposed to know That Kid?

Her uncle groaned, "Remember that kid... The one who used to stick with your brother.”

“WHAT?!” Minyoung this time, spat her water on the table, exclaiming.

“Yah, stop spitting what’s in your mouth, it is disgusting” He yelled, scolding her. But Minyoung’s mind went to another place.

A place when her brother used to practice here and she came to see him. She liked to watch him and him, working hard to become someone she could be proud of all her life.

Flashback

“Oppa is the best!” Minyoung grinned at her brother, seokjin who was punching the sand bag with a smile on his face.

“What about Oppa?” Luhan pointed at himself, “Am I not manlier than your brother?”

Minyoung scoffed and shrugged her shoulder, “Look who’s talking? The girly boy?”

“Yah! What did you just call me?” Luhan warped his arm around her neck, choking her in a playful way.

Seokjin laughed, seeing his best friend and sister were playing around together, happily when they were nearly killing each other.

“You should marry each other?” Seokjin joked and Luhan gave him a thumb up while Minyoung glared at her older brother.

“Me? Marrying an old man like him? No thank you!” she scoffed, warping her around her chest.

“Watch your words girl! Who’s the old man?”

“It’s you~” She stuck out her tongue and Luhan did the same as her, making him as childish as she was.

“Minyoung-ah, are you still getting bullied?” seokjin, suddenly, asked, making Minyoung look down at the floor and shook her head.

“What? You are getting bullied?” Luhan exclaimed, examining her closely and she shyly slapped his hands that were searching for any wounds and shook her head. “I’m fine, really!”

Seokjin moved toward her and kneeled down to be at her level. He cupped her face in his hands and searched in her eyes. He could clearly see that she was lying to him.

Sighing, he rubbed her cheeks smoothly with his thumb, feeling guilty that it was all because of him, “Minyoung-ah, I’m sorry. It’s all because of me”

“No, Oppa. You did nothing wrong. I believe in you.” She said, with a determined look on her face.

“What a brave girl, that's my little girl.” Luhan ruffled her hair, but she slapped his hands away again and glared at him, "Who's your girl?"

“Hyung!” Suddenly a pale, small boy ran into the practice room. His face was messed up completely. It was filled with bruises and cuts. His clothes were filled with dirties and he looked like he was in a great pain as he was painting and couldn't steady himself up

Minyoung gasped, putting her hands over . It’s the first time to see a boy filled with injuries and cuts.

Who could do something like that?

"Yah, Jungkook! Did they hit you again?” Seokjin yelled and Jungkook nodded. Soekjin ran and caught him in his arms as he made an eye contact with Minyoung before losing his consciousness.

Seokjin took Jungkook and placed him in his uncle room and applied the first aid on him while Luhan told care Minyoung who was shocked by seeing the little boy in this condition.

Luhan told Minyoung that seokjin helped Jungkook who was being beaten up by some older boys who thought they could pick on a child and torture him. He told her that Jungkook was a fan of her brother and that Seokjin started to teach him some boxing moves and he took a great care of him as Jungkook was a lonely boy who lived with his grandmother, only.

“Is not your brother a great person?!” Luhan said, and Minyoung nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes. “I know, I hope everyone would understand that!”

“Don’t care about what people say! Seokjin will take the pro. test for boxing and he will show all the people his true self!”

“Hmm!” She smiled and nodded agreeing. “I believe in him.”

That night, Seokjin and Luhan went out for a little bit, so Minyoung found it a chance to creep into her uncle room and sneaked a look at the sleeping boy on the bed.

“Is he dead?” she murmured, taking a few steps inside the room until she stopped next to the bed. She kept looking at him, wondering why her brother saved him. Because Oppa is a kind person.

Suddenly the boy opened his eyes and Minyoung jumped a little, blushing, that she got caught staring.

“A-are you okay?” Minyoung started and Jungkook nodded, still having this blank expression on.

“Oppa will come soon. Um.. Bye” She said before running off out of the room.

Minyoung after that saw him many times in the practice room, but she avoided him and ignored him, simply because she was too embarrassed to face.

After his face cuts healed, he looked cuter and it made Minyoung to avoid him more because a strange feeling was coming up on her whenever she’s near him. Unknowingly to her, Jungkook had a little crush on her, hoping that they would be friends or talk to her. When he opened his eyes, he thought she was an angel and that he had gone to heaven.

End of flashback

***

Minyoung’s POV

I remembered everything. I remembered him. Jeon Jungkook!

I even remembered Luhan. It was strange how he couldn’t recognize me. He seemed to be so close to us. To me and my brother.

And the question, at the time being, was how did Jungkook end up with all those rumors just like my brother? He looked like a little boy who was so weak and scared, never expected him to end up so handsome and strong that all the school was so scared of him and fear him.

Is he really bad person? I started to wonder, did he became stronger to seek a revenge for what the older boys had done to him before.

“Are you joking with me now? Samchon don’t lie to me! How would this kid be J-Jungkook?” I snorted and my uncle hit my head.

“Yah, can’t you talk about people nicely? He’s working hard to make your brother dream come true!”

This was hard to hear!

“What's the you are saying now?” I snapped, jumping from my seat. I got angry, really angry. How could jungkook make my brother dream came true? My brother is dead. So his dreams.

“He’s going to take the pro. test in a week. He’s going to take part in the championship, do you understand?” My uncle explained and I narrowed my eyes. I saw the same uncle who ignored my brother’s problem and only focused on my brother practicing. So he could take the title of a championship coach and people would start to bring their kids here, that was what I believed

“You are still as selfish as ever.” I yelled. “You are only using Jungkook like how you use my brother.”

“I’m not using anyone, it was his well. He loved boxing and kids started to fight him, because he was stronger. Because your brother started to threaten them to stop what they were doing to the kid, how the hell this is my problem?” He was yelling as I started to accuse him

"You should have stopped him. It wasn't his problem in the first place. At least protect him. Keeping boxing thing a secret was a very silly idea. I got enough of you, Samchon.” I turned to take my leave when I saw him standing there. Jungkook looked quite shocked from my words and conversation with my uncle, but I don't care I just had told the truth.

I walked passed him and made my way out of the house after putting my shoes on.

It was dark again. My uncle’s street didn’t have a light bulb and I was so scared to even take a second step forward. That’s when I heard him coming from behind me. “Did you freeze or something?”

Jungkook pulled the zip of his sweatshirt up as he jogged to my side. I gave him an odd look and he shrugged, “I will buy something from that store!” he pointed at the road in front of us. And I knew he was lying. There was no store in that direction, I just had come from it when I came here.

“Jungkook, just go back inside!”

“Why? I already told you I needed to buy something! Let’s go!” Jungkook nodded toward the road again and cleared his throat before walking.

“I could walk alone.” I yelled after him and he stopped and turned to look at her, “It’s on my way, don’t be stubborn. Come on”

Who's that?

“Okay,” My heart was beating loudly in my chest as I agreed to walk with him and I was grateful for Jungkook’s little lie. I started to get really scared of the streets here.

“So you must be surprised, huh?” Jungkook said and I looked at him then nodded. "I was shocked! Never expect to see anyone here, especially you"

"Can I ask you something?"

I narrowed my eyes a little wondering why jungkook would ask me for anything. "What?"

"Can you not tell anyone? ... About me doing boxing and the Pro. test?" He looked eyes with me and my breath stopped. His eyes were so beautiful that draw me into them, slowly.

I gulped, taking a deep breath, "I don't understand you at all Jeon Jungkook. Do you like being accused like this?"

"Please... Minyoung." He frowned and I rolled my eyes, "Argh!! Whatever... I don't care anymore."

"Thank you..." He whispered, giving me a little smile and this weird feeling in my stomach come up again and my heart beats started to raise that I didn't even could think anymore.

I cleared my throat as I felt my cheeks burning up, looking everywhere but not at him, begging from the darkness to hide them for me, and continued to walk without saying anything. What's wrong with me? I placed a hand over my chest and hit it twice. Calm down, calm down

"Ouch!" I winced as I hit my feet into a stone that I didn't see in front of me, which ended up with me kneeling on the floor.

"ARE you okay?" Jungkook hurried and kneeled down next to me. His reaction surprised me as he, worryingly, checked if I was okay and if I got hurt.

"I-I'm fine..." I stuttered and tried to stand up, but I failed as I felt a great pain in my ankle.

Jungkook noticed that and his eyes widened, "Did you get hurt?"

I ran a hand to my ankle and rubbed it, "I think I span my ankle."

Jungkook, suddenly, grabbed my leg and I panicked, pulling it away from his grip, "what are you doing?"

"Just stay still and tell me when it hurt you, okay?" His eyes were softening and it melted me as the heat engulfed me completely. I nodded and he smiled, taking my leg in his hands gently.

He started to move my ankle in a circular motion and push it forward and backward until the pain got me and I tried not scream out of pain and I winced.

"It will get better if you warped it today well. It's not like you had it broke, fortunately “He sighed and looked up at me with his gaze that made my heart skip a beat.

I nodded and tried to stand up for the second time, but my ankle really hurt me.

Jungkook sat down that his chest touched his knees, but only his feet were the only part that touching the floor. He patted his shoulder and my eyes widened.

"Get on."

"NO!" I exclaimed, refusing the idea of Jungkook give me a piggyback ride.

"Don't be stubborn your ankle is hurt!"

"I'm fine." I tried to stand up again, but I couldn't endure the pain.

"Why are you so stubborn about everything? Can't you just listen to me for once?" Jungkook snapped and I lost my words from the shock of his sudden outburst. He noticed how I became quiet and repeated his words, "get on now, Minyoung."

I shyly warped my arms around his neck, getting my legs warping around his waist, as I heard my heart pounding hard in my chest and I murmured, "I'm pretty heavy you know."

I yelped as Jungkook suddenly stood up, lifting me from the ground and over his back, "you should stop eating like a pig, then!" He snorted and I hit his shoulder playfully.

"Yah, who are you calling pig?"

"I didn't call you pig."

"No you did."

"I say you eat like one."

"Then what's that supposed to make me..."

***

"It's this house." I pointed at my house and Jungkook let me down, gently and hold my shoulder for more stability.

"Can you walk now?" He asked and I nodded, "you should go now."

"Minyoung..." I turned as my breath caught in my throat when I heard my mom voice calling me.

"Mom, I came back." I smiled nervously, limped toward her, hoping that Jungkook had left.

"Omo! Who's that handsome boy over there?" My mom said. Her eyes were fixed behind me.

I looked back to find jungkook was still there.

"Why are you still here?" I mouthed and he bowed, I looked back at my mom to find her eyes twinkling in a smile.

Oh gosh

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jungkook. Minyoung's classmate."

"Aigo, you didn't tell me you had such a handsome boy in your class... Ah! Wait! Is he the one who helped you?"

"Yes, mom." I told her and gave a look to Jungkook. "You should go now!"

"Yah, he should get in first, come in and have some juice!" My mom said, slapping my shoulder. "Jungkook, get in dear."

Why would Jungkook get in my house? I gave a smile to my mom, "mom, he has to go." And he would never agree. I was sure he would never agree-

"It's so kind of you Minyoung's mother. Thank you for inviting me in" Jungkook smiled and walked passed me into my house!

What? What? WHAT?

“JU-JUNGKOOK!!” I tried to hurry and stop him, but it was too late as my mom followed him inside, welcoming him warmly.

Someone kill me now!


 

:D So what do you think guys?

Now Minyoung know who's jungkook!!!