part 7

Punch!

Jungkook!

Flash

Haeun!

Flash

Garden!

Flash

Tree!

Flash

KISS!

HAEUN

KISS

JUNGKOOK

"Get away from Jungkook, if you want us to be good friends" she said.  

Everything flashed in her mind like a playing movie.

It kept on repeating over and over again that she almost felt disgusting from the view.

That night after school, she didn't leave her room. She was just staring at the ceiling, trying to get the sight-- of what she saw-- out of her mind.

It's not like we have feelings for each other. She thought, burying her face in her pillow.

She wanted to cry and to scream, but she couldn't, even though it hurt for some reasons deep inside of her chest.  


 

Her mother was worried about her. She wasn't used to seeing her daughter staying in her room for a long time alone.

Knocking her door, Minyoung's mother found her laying on the bed, her hair was a mess and her face wasn't seen.

Minyoung's mother was about to enter her room to check what was wrong with her daughter when the phone rang. She sighed and went to get the phone.

Minutes later, Minyoung heard her mother calling her, but she didn't feel like leaving her bed any time to go anywhere.

"It is Jimin, Minyoung." Her mom shouted

"I don't want to talk to anyone." Minyoung shouted back, her voice was muffled.

"It's your friend Jimin, are you sure you don't want to talk?" Minyoung found herself kicking the blanket that was covering her away and jumped out of the bed.

She missed Jimin and she wanted to talk to him so badly. He was one of the very few people who knew everything about her including her brother accident. 

She knew the difference between the countryside and the capital when she returned there.

Back in Seoul, no one knew them and no one bothered to know. If you want to do or say something you will, without so many judgments of other people. That's how everyone was living there.

However, In the countryside there was no secret and her own secrets where here, so everything was known except for the truth which she was ready to reveal, but she needed someone to believe her, how could she change something after 10 years.

"Jimin." She said, excited to hear his voice. She wanted to tell him a lot of things, about the new school, about the library, Jimin, Luhan, Haeun and Jungkook.  

"Hey, how is the countryside life?" He asked and there was a sneak tune of mocking in his voice.

"YAH, park Jimin... It's okay... I think... I haven't worked in the fields yet..."

"Oh. I really wanted to see you with the farmer clothes."

"YAH!!" The both of them ended up laughing and joking together. Minyoung missed those moments the most.

"Did you make friends? I know you are a person who love to sit alone and seem like the person who would cry a flood" Jimin laughed

"You should thank god that you aren't in front of me right now." Minyoung chuckled, but Jimin voice changed into something serious.

"I'm serious, did you make friends?" Minyoung knew that her best friend was worried about her so she assured him that everything was okay. "I made friends so don't worry."

"I'm not worried about anyone." He snorted and Minyoung rolled her eyes.

The two best friends kept talking with each other for a whole two hours. Jimin told her everything happened in their class and how his dancing practice was going.

Minyoung forgot Jungkook and Haeun, for a few minutes while talking to Jimin, However, her heart still felt uncomfortable.

The next day, Minyoung didn't go to school. She was trying to avoid Jungkook. Despite her being nothing to him--it wasn't her place to feel like this--Minyoung wasn't ready to face Jungkook yet.

How should she see his face after he kissed Haeun? Just thinking about him brought back the memory of the kissing.

How was she supposed to explain herself for seeing something like that? It seemed that their relationship was secret--Just like his boxing

Suddenly Minyoung realized she was carrying a lot of Jungkook's secrets that Jungkook somehow seemed to trust that she wouldn't tell anyone.

And this made Minyoung wonder: did his girlfriend also know about his boxing training or was it just her?

The idea of someone else knew about his secret annoyed her. She wanted to be the closest to Jungkook.

Putting on her sweatshirt, Minyoung decided to go for a run around the fields, to smell the new oxygen and the fresh air.

The fields looked colorful and it relaxed Minyoung's mind and muscles.

What is more beautiful than this view? She wondered.

However the garden behind the school library was way more beautiful. As the thought of the garden crossed Minyoung's mind, the image that she wanted to erase so bad returned again.

"STOP NOW!" She yelled out, toward the field as she was standing on its edge. 

"Stressed out, huh?" A male voice said behind her. Minyoung's stomach twisted in embarrassment. She was just caught screaming out like a crazy person.

Turning to the voice, Minyoung's stomach twisted again. But this time because there was a super handsome smiley guy standing before her.

He got that hopeful, bright eyes that twinkled whenever he blinked. His smile was so wide across his beautiful feature and Minyoung for a second forgot how to breathe.

"I-I'm..."

"omo, its new face." The boy said, leaning forward so that he would examine her face closely.

Minyoung gulped and took some steps back. She could feel her cheeks burning.

"I came here a few weeks ago."

"Mr. Kim's daughter? Min... Young. Right?" The boy exclaimed, pointing at her excited.

Minyoung, however, stood clueless, blinking many times, "you know me?"

"No." The boy said honestly. "Your dad doesn't stop talking about you."

"You know my father?" Minyoung's eyes widened and exclaimed  

The boy chuckled and Minyoung found it beautiful, so beautiful.

Her attraction to this boy made her wonder if she just felt the same way toward Jungkook because he was just as handsome. This thought made her relax a bit.

"Your dad work with my dad, so I know him pretty well and it looks like they are old friends." The boy explained.

"And you are?" Minyoung gaze was uncomfortable within a second. She hated when people knew a lot of things and she didn't.

"I'm--"

A sudden ring tone cut him as Minyoung gave him an apologizing look reaching for her phone, "Just a minute."

Her eyes widened when she saw the unexpected name on her phone screen.

Trouble boy

It was Jungkook!!

It's different! she thought as her heart beat was drumming in her chest just by seeing his name. It made her nervous and dried Why is he calling?  

She glanced at the clock that flashed up on the right side of the screen. It was 15:00.

She sighed, hesitated whether to answer or not.

"You won't take it?" The boy in front of her asked her curiously and Minyoung gave him a blank look.

"I don't know."

"Is it your boyfriend?" He said a random guess

"No." Minyoung sighed unwillingly

"Your crush?" The boy smirked

Minyoung blushed, but shook her head firmly.  "No, No. I--"

The boy chuckled, putting a hand on his lips, "I think I guessed it right!"

"You didn't!" Minyoung scrawled but her cheeks were still on fire.

"Don't worry, I will keep it secret." The boy winked and looked at the clock around his wrist

"No, it's--"

"I have to go. See you next time."

The boy patted her shoulder before making his way passed Minyoung. Then Minyoung remembered that she didn't know his name yet. Maybe she would ask her dad later. He seemed to be a good and kind guy.

***

Watching the sun, saying goodbye and clouds started to collect as the air was getting cold, Minyoung decided to return back home. She cursed herself for being this late, she hated the dark streets the most.

Fortunately, her phone was battery full so she opened the flash on her phone and let it help her through the darkest streets.

When Minyoung reached home, she found a lot of plastic bags over the coffee table in the living room.

Curiously, she gave a sneak peek inside the bags when her mom slapped her arm.

"Why are you late?" Her mom sounded really angry, she was glaring at Minyoung as if she could turn her into dust

Minyoung smiled and gave her mom a hug a way to make her mom less angry.

"Are you insane or something?" Her mom didn't hug her back.

"Wae~" Minyoung whined, trying to do some agyeo.

"Yesterday, you seemed so depressed and now what? You went out and came home late." Her mother scolded and Minyoung tightened her grip around her.

"I'm sorry mom."

Her mother sighed and patted her shoulder before breaking away. She gestured to the bags and said, "Take those to your uncle."

"Don't tell me its food again?" Minyoung narrowed her eyes and her mother took the bags and put them in her daughter’s hands.

"They are new clothes and food. Take them and be careful in your way."

"But mom.."

"What?"

I don't want to go there.

"Nothing" Minyoung took the bags and went out to her uncle's house. The last place she would like to go.

***

Minyoung's POV

I didn't want to go, but I ended up standing in front of my uncle's house again. I rang the bell and knocked the door, but no one answered which meant that no one was there.

Never mind my uncle sometimes didn't care about whoever was knocking his door.  

I tried to open the door and it actually opened, which made me wonder how my uncle trusted that no thief would break in.

I pushed the door open and went inside of the house, calling my uncle again, Making sure he wasn't really there.

I could tell that he wasn't as the house seemed to be peaceful. I dropped the plastic bags on the kitchen table.

The kitchen was in a complete mess. The dishes were everywhere, the rotted food smelled badly in the air.

I sighed, wondering why my uncle didn’t get married already then I would feel bad for his wife to live with such a messy person.

I started to clean up the kitchen. I washed the dishes and collected the trash, I made sure that the kitchen got rid of its miserable smell.

I put my mom's new food in the fridge understanding why she would still take care of her brother, even when he had grown up to be a grown man who would take care of himself.

A crumble sound cracked into the sky when I went out to put the trash out of the house. A few drops of water started to fall down on my shoulder and my hands.  

I looked up at the sky. Everything was screwed up. How was I supposed to go home now?

I have to wait then

"Seriously". I murmured, sighing and turned to go inside of my uncle's house again. When I saw him, Jungkook was standing there a few feet away from. My heart skipped a beat.

His eyes were wide open, his hands were in his sweatshirt pocket as he was eyeing me. He didn't expect to see me.

"Hey!" He said softly, approaching me, but stopped mind away when I stepped back. A hurt gesture flashed in his eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked coldly.

"I live here." Jungkook answered, walking passed me to the house and entered it, knowing that I would follow him.

"What do you mean you live here?" I said, closing the door behind me. Feeling awkward to be with him alone again and confused at the same time.

"It's just happened like this."

"What the--"

"You didn't answer my call!" He didn't ask, but it sounded like a question that I never expected him to ask. He was also trying to change the subject.

The thing that was killing me: Why would jungkook care about that? He seemed to be the kind who would never care about anything.

"You called? I didn't know." I lied and cursed myself for sounding like a stupid liar.

Jungkook didn't say anything and entered the kitchen. His eyes widened as he turned his head over his shoulder glancing at me.

"Did you do that?" He pointed and I nodded.

"The animals in this countryside live in a cleaner place than that." I commented out. "I don't know how you are able to survive up till now."

"You didn't have to bother yourself. It's going to a mess at night."

"It's my uncle's house. I do what I want, it's none of your business." I snapped. I knew already that and I didn't want him to remind me. My uncle most likely hated to live in a clean place, but I was worried about his health. And at least shouldn't he thank me?

Jungkook opened the fridge and took out a plate of Kimchi and meet that my mom had prepared for my uncle and placed it on the table.

"You didn't answer me!" He said, looking at my eyes. His dark eyes focusing on mine made me feel nervous as if he had all the rights to know my answer. He knew I knew he had called.

"Why do I have to answer you?" I whispered, trying to get my voice as low as possible for him not to hear me. I said words that might bring answers I didn't want to hear.

"We are friends, right?" He said, chewing some of the food and I almost stopped breathing. I counted the seconds when my heart stopped beating.

I gave him a half smile. It was warm, but showed some hurt which I wanted so bad to hide, "of course we are friends."

I almost forget that I was the one running and following him to be friends. Or did I want to be more than friends?

***

I went down to the training room, leaving jungkook having his dinner.

I was sitting on the bench next to the battle ring, remembering how Seokjin was practicing hard day and night to enter his championships.

Seokjin looked like a hero to me. I was sticking to him whenever he was practicing watching him from far.

Jungkook really looked like him in many ways.

He had the same passion about sports, the mysterious aura and yet he also had this sweet side.  

I stood up, talking a pair gloves that were hanging on a nail over the wall and wore them. My brother once said to me: "I like sports. Many people accused me for doing things that I didn't do... Look Minyoung-ah! I can go and fight them back, kill them if I want to. I have been practicing enough to be able to do that, however, this would make me a bad person. Which your oppa isn't. So I'm training harder to be stronger inside. In here, my heart... Because if I kept practicing I prevent myself from doing bad things. Sport meant to make people better in many ways. Do you understand Minyoung?"

Back then, I didn't understand what he was talking about! I just believed that he was a hero who help people.

Now I think I understand a little bit. My brother was letting his anger go with sports. Which each strong punch he was letting his emotion that could destroy any kind of human being.

I made a fist and swung my arm backward, ready to punch the sanding bag that was in front of me, to let my anger out, my jealous and my feelings . But before I could do so, a hand held my elbow and lowered its position.

I flinched and turned, jumping from my place. I hit my back with the sandbag.

I didn't notice him coming in, "when did you--"

He pulled me by my arm to him, I was shocked to even respond but then I noticed that he was trying to correct my position.

"Your elbow should be here, near your side." He said, placing my elbow, hanging awkwardly by my side and turned me that I was facing the sand bag now

The heat engulfed me everywhere of my body, my heart beat was rising in my chest like a mad man and I could feel my hand getting clammy. He was too close. Too close for my mind to work correctly. A hand was placed on my elbow and the other around my waist.

He suddenly pushed my left leg slightly with his legs, making me yelp as there was a small gap between my legs. "You should stand correctly if you want your punch to be strong."

I nodded, following his instruction.

"Good." He said, sliding his hands down to his side. He stood in front of me, taking my two fists in front of my face, "your hand should be in front of you, your face should always be  protected. Understand?"

I nodded again and he smiled. He stood behind the sand bag and held it for me. His gaze was strong and steady on me.

"Relieve your stress and anger with one punch." He ordered and I was surprised when he said that. Did he know I was stressed, that it hurt me when I saw him back then?

"One punch and scream out the reason of your anger and stress."  

I looked at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. I was getting angry with his words. I remembered the scene of the garden again. Our eyes met back then.

Punching the sand bag, I screamed, "JEON JUNGKOOK!"

The punch was weak, so weak to relieve anything I was feeling. The tears started to form in my eyes and  bit my lips, holding them back.

I didn't look up at him. I was eyeing the ground as if it was something I had never seen before.

"Yes" his voice was steady, which raise the anger inside of me more.

He was ready to hear his name. He knew I was going to scream his name

I finally decided to look up at him. I gave him a small smile before turning to leave, "I hate you!"

"It's too bad..." He raised his voice stopping me half away upstairs. I turned to look at him. His expression was blank and serious but I could see the brief of pain in them. My breath hitched in my chest  

"Because I started to like you..."

To be continue....

 


 

 So much Angst!! Aaah What was that? XD

What do you think guys ? Did you enjoy reading this chapter?

I really need to write more in this story but I could tell that the ending is coming soon!!