Contract

Out of My League

Seoul, Korea. December 1, 2009.

I didn't run into Kim Jaejoong since the parking lot incident, which is fine by me, I blabbered too much that time.

I've been busy with hospital orientations these past few days because I got hired in Seoul Hospital, 'As expected' my dad said when I told him, but atleast I got in with my own abilities and not because he's friends with the hospital's owner.

Today will be my first day at work,. I got up at 4:30 am to jog in the nearby park, I tied my hair in a high ponytail, wore shorts that showed my legs and a sweatshirt then headed out. I got to the lobby and saw Kim Jaejoong along with several number of people, who I'm guessing are his friends, they're chatting by the building's entrance. I had this sudden urge to turn around and hide but then he looked my way and saw me. I think I'm still starstruck by him because my heart went overdrive. We're not close, so I guess we are not obligated to greet each other so I looked away. I continued to walk and passed by them, I was about to open the glass door at the entrance when I heard my name.

'Ms. Ha Eun',

I stopped and turned around to see a man from Jaejoong's group, probably middle 20‘s, he's good looking but nothing compared to Jaejoong, walking towards me.

'Yes?' I asked, confused.

'Hello, I'm one of Kim Jaejoong's staff, Lee Jun Hee"

He's one of his staff?, he could pass as a model though I thought to myself.

"Jaejoong told me about you as his new neighbor, I've been trying to talk to you but I don't know how to get in touch with you'. he said while smiling. I see him scanning my face, what does he need though, he probably wants to warn me to not be a nuisance to Jaejoong.

''Uhm, how can I help you?'' I asked. He's staring at me and I guess he didn't hear me so I asked him again. ''How may I help you?''

''Oh, right'' he said and cleared his throat, looked embarassed, then said ''Excuse me, but you're not a stalker fan are you? You didn't move here because you learned that Jaejoong lives here did you?.''

Is he serious?, ''Wow, there are people who do that?'' I said before I could stop myself.

He frowned, ''Yes actually, he had a lot of encounters with stalker fans so we're just being cautious''.

I smiled ''Don't worry, I'm a fan but not crazy enough to do such things.'' I can't tell if he believes me though.

 ''Well you see, Jaejoong is a celebrity, and for every neighbor he had, they always signed a contract of nondisclosure, to protect his reputation, so we would like to ask you to sign it'' he said.

Ofcourse, in short, whatever I see or hear in this place that involves Jaejoong, they want me to shut my mouth. I looked towards Jaejoong, he's busy talking to his friends, what did I expect?, that we'll be friends?, right, he just sees me as another neighbor that is a threat to his reputation if I don't shut my mouth. Why do I feel a little disappointed?. I looked at Jun Hee and said ''Okay, I need to read the contract before signing it though, but I can't do it now because I have to go do something, as you said correctly I'm kind of busy'' I smiled at him ''Can you just leave the contract to the guard and I'll take it later?. I'll return it to him after signing, then you can pick it up thereafter''. I told him

He looked taken aback then said ''That's a first, all his neighbors in the past signed it immediately without even reading'' he said.

''Really?'' I said with a tone of surprise, ''Oh, you don't mind, do you?, it's just that I read every contract I sign'' I told him worriedly.

''No, no, not at all, why don't you drop the contract at Jaejoong's house instead after you sign it, it would be more convenient''.

Convenient for you guys, not for me, I thought, ''Alright then'' I said.

''It's too early, where are you headed?'' he suddenly asked.

''Jogging'' I said and smiled while pointing at my outfit. ''You guys are a little early too'' I said.

''We just returned from abroad from the MAMA awards, we're just resting here''.

''Oh right, MAMA awards, I missed that'' I glanced at Jaejoong, ''I hope they won something'' I said.

''Are you sure you're a Jaejoong fan?, almost everyone watched it'' he joked.

I smiled then said ''I am a fan, but I'm not the type who monitors his every activities though, so you really don't have to worry about me causing him any troubles''.

He raised both his hands as if surrendering then said ''Hey, the contract is just a routine, we're not judging you, and I think you're a beau-- I mean a good person''.

''Nope, you're wrong, I'm actually a serial killer'. His eyes widened so I said 'Hey, I'm joking' then we both laughed.

''Hey Jun Hee'', "You're taking your time there" "Don't bother the new neighbor" called out Jaejoong's friends at the same time, I looked at them and they seemed amused watching Jun Hee and me, I looked at Jaejoong, he's the only one who doesn't seem amused though, he seemed impatient, I wonder what's wrong with him,

"Shut up you guys, I'm working here" he shouted at them

"Yeah right, WORKING" they answered back then laughed.

Okay, they're officially weird, I thought. ''Er-Right, okay then, have a good rest here, sorry, but I need to get going,'' I told him.

''I'm the one who is sorry for taking your time, you take care, don't trip'. He smiled again, he likes to smile I guess.

'It's fine, thanks, bye'. I gave one last look at Jaejoong but he was looking down so I got out of the building when I heard Jun Hee shout ''Nice to meet you''. I laughed and waved at him then headed to the park