Cars

Out of My League

Seoul Korea. November 2009.

"Job interview?" the guard at the entrance of Seoul Hospital asked.

"Uhm, yes" I answered then smiled.

"I can show you the way if you want Miss uhm what's your name?" he asked a little too excitedly.

"No no, it's okay, I don't want you leaving your post, the directions will do, I can manage" I answered while ignoring his last question, I see no reason why I should tell him my name yet. He seemed disappointed when he gave the directions.

 

"So, you're a Harvard graduate, an emergency nurse who worked in the best hospital in USA and you're just 23? That's impressive." said the interviewer with an obvious sign of doubt. I'm used to people questioning my skills due to my young age.

"Yes ma'am, I didn't let age limit me and I did my best and worked hard" I answered. After a series of questions,the interviewer told me that they'll give me a call if I got the job.

After the interview, my next stop is to buy a new car. I was waiting for our family driver in the hospital's parking lot when a white Hummer parked in front of me, I was  about to move to wait in another spot when the Hummer's window rolled down and I saw my dad on the wheel. "Surprise! Like your new car?" he said. I was so shocked that my dad got out from the car to shake me. "What?..B-but..I...You?..Why?." was all I could say.

"What did you say?, Are you okay Ha Eun?"my dad asked while laughing.

"This must've been expensive dad" I said after coming back to my senses.

He shrugged his shoulder then said "This is nothing, I'm rich, remember?" 

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Oh, right. Ofcourse, how silly of me" I said. 

"So, do you like it?" he asked.

"Oh daddy, ofcourse, I love it, but isn't this too much? First my house then this." I said

"Nothing is too much for my one and only daughter, you've been gone for 7 years, it's the least I could do now that you're here. I'm really glad you're finally home"

"Thank you so much dad, I don't know what else to say, just, really, thank you" I said gratefully.

 

After driving my dad to their house, It's already night time when I parked my new car in the parking area of my apartment building which is on the lower ground floor. I got out of the car and saw that I parked next to a yellow Lamborghini, if dad saw this, he'll be friends with it's owner immediately because he loves cars, I smiled. I saw small letters on the car's window, since it was a bit dim in the parking lot, I bent down and squinted a little bit and read it aloud "J-Y--

"What are you doing? said a voice behind me.

--J--waaaaaa!" I screamed because the voice startled me causing me to drop my bag and it's contents to scatter on the floor, I bent down to pick up my things. Before I could stop myself, I was already speaking so fast "Oh God! What did you do that for?, I could've had a heart attack, not that I have any heart disease or maybe I do have now because of you. God, I didn't even hear you approach, what are you? a vampire, creeping behind people?". While still picking up my things, I turned my head to face the source of my shock "or maybe you're a cockroach? wait, do they creep behind people though?" I was more like talking to myself as I spoke up. Then I recognized his face. "Mr. Kim Jaejoong?" Great, Lord take me now, please, now.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I was just asking what you were doing near my car" he said. Is it me or is he trying not to laugh?.

Lord, stop killing me slowly, make it instant, take me now, as in NOW. "Oh, ha-ha-ha, this one's your car? Ofcourse, right. I-I was j-just trying to read what was written on your window, it was small so I got nearer, you could've made the letters bigger so that it's easier to read, you know, one big letter each window''. He raised his eyebrows and smiled ''but that would look weird right? so yeah, keep it up" Stop blabbering you idiot, I told myself.

I finally stood up "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to cause you any discomfort. Goodbye" I said nervously.

"So you live here too?" he suddenly asked.

"Uhm, yeah, so you really live next to my apartment then?" I asked. He seemed to be holding back so I continued "Don't worry, honestly, I'm your fan but I won't cause you any troubles, you won't even feel that you have a neighbor" I smiled then started to walk.

"Hey you forgot this" I looked at him and saw him bend down and pick up my car keys, he handed it to me and said "And I don't think cockroaches creep behind people" he said seriously. I laughed and said "Yeah, maybe they don't, thank you"

"What's your name?"he asked.

Maybe he'll check if I have any criminal records, "I'm Park Ha Eun, and I'm sorry I didn't get your name? I asked jokingly

He smiled then said "Right, how rude of me, I haven't introduced myself yet but I think you mentioned it a while ago, I'm Kim Jaejoong"

I rolled my eyes and laughed ''Kim Jaejoong?, you're popular right?. I watch you on TV, you're a famous--'' I pretended to think before continuing ''wrestler right?''.

He laughed, I like his laugh. Wow, this is happening. ''Okay, it's nice to meet you and I wish you all the best. I think I've delayed your bonding with your car long enough, so I guess this is goodbye then" I said.

He smiled and said thank you then I headed towards the elevator. This day can't get any better, new car and I've finally met Kim Jaejoong.