Kim Jaejoong

Out of My League

Seoul Korea. November 2009.

Kim Jaejoong was about to get out of the elevator, to my floor, but then he saw me and he stopped. He looked surprised too, I think. My heart went overdrive, so this is how he looks like, He looks so handsome even in casual clothes. Flawless face, white skin, he's tall, those perfect lips and nose, and his eyes are piercing, and wait, is he looking at me?. Yep, he's looking at me, I feel the heat rise on my cheeks, crap, I remember I blush easily so I looked away. "Please don't blush, please don't blush" I told myself. I looked at him again, he's still staring, why does he seem suspicious or like confused?.

Then I realized I was still down on the floor trying to pick up my keycard and that I was blocking his way. "Oh, right, I'm sorry" I said, I stood up immediately and moved aside. He bowed shortly and stepped out, I watched him walk towards the apartment across the hall, he gave me one last look before he entered. I realized I must have been staring at him the whole time, maybe he thought I'm one of his stalker fans?. "Nice job Sophia" I muttered. Argh, I'm glad I'm no longer head over heels about him or else I must have done something to him that may have kicked me out of this building.

Wait does he live there?, if he does, wow, that makes him my neighbor then. I'm his fan so maybe I can get his autograph then, yay. On second thought, I can't, I mean yes I'm his fan but I can't make him uncomfortable in his own home, it's the place where he can be himself and have a break from his work, I should not break his peace. I must have looked stupid a while ago, I slapped my palm on my forehead then I heard the elevator close. "Oh no you don't!" I said as I pushed the open button repeatedly, thank God it opened..

The dinner with my family went well, I missed them so much especially dad. We did a lot of catching up, Aunt wants me to live with them but I politely denied. My little brother Chace, who is now 7, prefers to be called by his Korean name Hae Jin, I'm still getting used to people calling me Ha Eun. I'm also ofcourse speaking in Korean now, even with my dad. 

"Anyway dad, thank you for the good words you told Uncle Jung Min about me but I need to undergo the usual hiring of the hospital" I don't want people saying I used any connections to get it and anyway, I'm a bit confident with my resume.

"But there's no need for that, he already knows what you're capable of' he replied.

"I know dad but I think it's just fair and right that I do it the formal way"

"Okay then, if that's what you want, I'll talk to him."

"Thankyou dad, I appreciate it"

"So have you seen any celebrities in your building yet?" asked my Aunt.

I choked on my water, after regaining my composure, I answered " Yes, and he lives next door, I think"

"Really? Who?" she asked

"Kim Jaejoong" I answered, then she choked on her water too. It turns out she likes him too. "I know right, I ran into him in the elevator, but I don't plan on telling this to anybody else, please don't too Aunt, people might pester me with questions about him" I continued.

"Ofcourse, that would cause you inconvinience" she said.

"Was he the one you kept on and on and on and on talking about last year or so? my dad asked jokingly.

I laughed and rolled my eyes then answered "Yes dad, but that was before, I admire him on a realistic level now dad, don't worry"

"So do you have a boyfriend right now?" asked my Aunt

I laughed and said "Still the same answer Aunt, none"

My dad cleared his throat clearly uncomfortable with the topic, "Oh stop it Jae Sung" Aunt said to him "Your daughter is very beautiful, she'll soon have plenty of admirers and you have to accept the fact that one day she'll find one. You haven't had a boyfriend yet right Ha Eun?"

I laughed again "Yes Aunt, I haven't had one yet, but I think that can wait" I replied.

"You're right honey, wait for someone worthy of you" said my dad

"Yes dad, don't worry"

 

I took a shower when I got home, I wore my white blouse that exposes my left shoulder and and black cotton shorts, I let my hair loose. I was hugged my stufftoy 'Bunny' and went to the balcony to see how the night view is. "Wow" I said aloud and smiled, the view was breathtaking. I had this silly feeling that I was being watched but I ignored it because I was just amazed with how everything is so perfect, from the sky full of stars to the city lights, and just below, I can see the outline beautiful outline of the lake and the trees in the park. I hugged Bunny tighter, faced the sky then closed my eyes and took in a deep breath as I felt the gentle wind touch my face and blow my hair. "I'm home" I whispered.

I opened my eyes because I thought I heard something, I looked to my left and saw another balcony, and wait, was that Kim Jaejoong leaving the other balcony and entering his house?. Was he in that balcony the whole time?. I guess my eyes are just playing with me, I think I'm just tired and probably need to get some rest, it's impossible for him to be watching me..