Home

Out of My League

Seoul Korea. November 2009.

"You're finally here Sophia, my Ha Eun" as dad hugged me in the airport.

"I missed you so much Dad" I hugged him back.

We catched up for a while then he said "Now let's go to your new house".

"What?" I asked sounding surprised, I was planning on staying with them for a few days before telling him that I wanted a place of my own.

"I know how you enjoyed your independence in the States and I don't want to break that, but expect many visits from us okay?" he said. I broke from my trance and hugged him again while saying "Oh dad, thank you very much". My dad chuckled and said "take it as a welcome gift".

 

"Wow, the security here is tight" I told my dad as we entered the building of my new apartment.

"There are celebrities living here and now that you're back here, I don't want that incident to happen again so I specifically chose here because of it's tight security"

I shuddered, I remembered the memory that I was suppressing, "It won't happen again dad"

"We can't be so sure Ha Eun"

"Don't worry dad, I'll take care" I said, he noted the dismissal on my tone so he didn't push the topic

.

We arrived on the 20th floor where my apartment is, my doorway is near the elevator and the stairs.

"Wow dad, this is great" I said after touring my new home, I love everything about it, and I can see a park just below from my balcony, I can jog there sometimes.

" I'm glad you liked it." he said

"I love it dad, Aww, you even got me an elephant" I went and hugged the stufftoy on my couch.

"I know how you love those stuffs so I bought you one" he said.

"I'll name it Bunny" I told him.

"But it's an elephant" he said with his eyebrows raised.

I smiled and answered "Why not? I think it's cute"

He laughed then said "Oh yeah, I remember you wanting to name your dog 'Cat' back when you were a child" I laughed too.

"Now I'll leave you to unpack and let's have dinner later okay? We'll pick you up at around 6pm, Chace is excited to see you" 

"Okay dad, I'm excited too". I walked him until the elevator and I saw that each floor only contains two apartments because I only see one door aside from mine and the door for the stairs.

 

"We'll be there in 30 minutes" said my dad.

"Okay dad, I'll meet you in the lobby".

I put my phone down and took one last look at myself in the mirror. I put on a light make-up and wore an above the knee red dress and black doll shoes. I'm 5'4, I have always been slender and I got the right curves on the right areas. I have white skin that I got from my dad. People tell me that I look like my mother, I got her brown eyes and largely curled brown hair which I always had it in long length. I have this small birthmark just below the corner of my right eye which is shaped like a heart too. Growing up, people have been complimenting my looks, but I never reall got used to it because beauty for me has always been from within, it may sound cliche but it's true, physical beauty is a curse for me. I got my bag and headed out to the elevator.

I dropped my home keycard while waiting for the elevator to come up, I got down on the floor to pick it up then at the same time the elevator door opened, I looked up and was stunned, Kim Jaejoong, the Kim Jaejoong was about to get out from the elevator, to my floor, then he saw me and he stopped.