CP: Eight

Crude Play

You look at your answer and back to the multiple choices; you frown and blink at all the answers. You twirl your pen between your fingers and continue staring. I calculated everything exactly like in the example but… your thought trails off as you flip through pages trying to find a better example. Why does my answer have extra numbers? You bite your lower lip in deep thought.

 

“Need help?” You look from worksheet to your mother, you nod your head and she stops what she’s doing – knitting what she calls a scarf beside your grandmother and walks over to you. She stands beside you and you point at the question.

 

“Are you sure you calculated everything correctly?” She raises her eyebrow at you and you shake your head.

 

“I sorta spaced out –” She interrupts you by ruffling your hair with an annoyed groan.

 

“Focus, sweetheart.” She mumbles.

 

“I thought grandma said dad was going to help me with my homework,” You continue, “Not that I mind you doing it but where is he?” You question curiously.

 

“At the store,” She answers and continues, “Back to your work.” She orders tapping her finger on your work sheet.

 

“I don’t get this,” You throw your head back and stare at the ceiling with a whine.

 

“…any tests this week?” She asks and you nod, “Results?”

 

“I passed. No worries, okay?” You inform turning back to your worksheet and flipping to a new page to do the question again. The second your mother turns away, a question pops on your head.

 

“Hey, mum?” You call softly.

 

“Hm?” She steps back and you look up at her.

 

“Remember Sungyeol?” You look at her with questioning eyes, a hint of confusion passes on her face and you sigh. “The tall guy with fat cheeks – he’s one of my schoolmates. Lee Sungyeol,” She nods and chuckled.

 

“Is he still growing?” She smiles fondly; you mentally roll your eyes.

 

“Yeah but that’s not the point,” You say, “Do you remember his cousin Yejin?” You bite your lower lip causing your lower lip to stand out in a not so attractive way.

 

“Don’t do that,” She flicks your lower lip with a scowl, “Yeah, I know Ailee – she’s my favorite customer!”

 

You decide to ignore her statement – everyone is her favorite customer. “Heard her sing?” She gives an unsure nod, “Who sings better?” You give her a look and just as she opens to answer, your grandmother pops behind you and she slaps the back of your head.

 

“What do those questions have anything to do with your math homework?” The elder snaps, your mother sighs and retreats to the kitchen leaving you with your grandmother.

 

“Um,” You start; you still feel her stare on you. You swallow thickly before clearing your fault. “When are you leaving - ?” You receive another slap.

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

“Be honest,” You press staring at Sungjong who blinks at you.

 

“I’ve already told you,” He sighs looking down at the papers in his hands – you have no idea what’s on the papers, “Don’t get too worked up about this,” He shakes his head with a laugh, “You’re not sure your parents will allow you to do this.” He adds.

 

You sit up on his bed and you lips form into a thin line, “You have a point there but dad won’t have any problem with it.”

 

“Are you sure?” He presses with a skeptical look.

 

“…” You look away and sigh, “I’ll sneak out if I have to,” You inform.

 

He chuckles and shakes his head, “I’m not helping you –”

 

“You don’t mean that.” You fall back on his bed and close your eyes.

 

“You know,” He starts, “Sungyeol was just saying that to get you all determined – he’s good at that and throwing in Ailee –” You interrupt him.

 

But Sungjong!” You exclaim glaring at the ceiling, “I hate admitting this but Ailee is amazing,” You groan.

 

“Exactly,” He says and you grab his pillow throwing it at him. “Not that!” He dodges the pillow and stands up. “I’ll repeat what I said less than a minute ago; Sungyeol was just saying that to get you all determined.” He finishes and pauses.

 

“Your point?” You ask sarcastically.

 

“Ailee doesn’t like Crude Play and she already has a job.” He answers and you sit up with a shocked gasp. “The audition ranges from 13 to 18 – she’s 22.” He deadpanned face palming with a look of disbelief.

 

“Then why did Sungyeol…” You trail off and slap your forehead.

 

“He was messing with you,” Sungjong laughs loudly, he stood up from the chair and walked over to you, he grabs your wrist and helps you up. “Shall we fill the form?”

 

“What form?” You frown inwardly.

 

“Watching the video wasn’t the only thing you were supposed to do on Crude’s webpage.” He mumbles.

 

“Right,” You let Sungjong drag you to his study table; he makes you sit on his chair and turns his computer on.

 

“You know the password,” He says, “I’m going to grab us a few snacks,” He walks out of the room and you hear his footsteps fade away. You enter his password and less than a minute his wallpaper comes into view.

 

His girlfriend. You think as you open a browser and immediately go to most visited pages, you click Crude Play’s official site and when it’s on the screen you look for the application form. Maybe I should talk to mum and dad about this…

 

No, you shake your head as you begin filling in the form and answering some questions it has. Sungjong enters the room and he peeks over your shoulder reading what you have filled him before he hands you a glass of water.

 

“It’s Sprite,” He corrects not taking his eyes off the screen, “Your parents should know about this,” He remarks and you nod.

 

“Yeah,” You trail off, “They will find about this after I send my application.” You shrug tiredly.

 

“They will kill you,” He sighs.

 

“Sacrifices, Sungjong, sacrifices.” You murmur dramatically as you enter Sungjong’s address and your number, “You think they’ll accept this?”

 

“Looks good,” He responds with yawn. “But why are you using my address?”

 

“My parents don’t need to know yet,” You explain dully.

 

“But what about my –” You press you index finger on his lips to shut him up.

 

“Who are you really?” You ask shakily, “And yeah, WooHyun wrote this number – to reach him but you’re not him…” You trailed off and cleared your throat, you felt like bursting into tears. “I knew it was too good to be true – what the ?” You muttered and you forgot that you were still on the phone.

If it’ll make you feel better,” The person sighed tiredly, “You’re not the first he has tricked.” The man chuckled and before he could say anything else you hang up and glared at the phone.

 

“If that man somehow looks through the audition applications he might remember my number,” You whisper with a frown, “I’m sure his curious – he has to be curious about what I look like and who I am.”

 

“Quit talking to yourself,” Sungjong groans, “Sungyeol was right – you do flatter yourself too much.”

 

“Shut up,” You skim your application before you close your eyes and send a silent prayer before you click send.

 

¤¤¤¤

Ailee exists in case you didn’t know x.x  -> Heaven the dude in the video looks like Jesus LMAO jk Until Next Time :]¡