. Before - Paradise

The sound of madness

Kai's P.O.V

 

April, 2th. 1999.

I was six years old when i moved next to your house. It was a tiny house, with small windows and dirty walls, nothing pretty or extraordinary. Yours was definitely better, much bigger and with flowers everywhere, it seemed happy. 

You were this beautiful little girl, with long black hair and big eyes that played in the garden. I smiled at you, and unlike the other girly girls you tried jumping the fence that divided our house from yours. Obviously that didn't go so well; but you gained my friendship instantly.

You scratched your cheek, and it bleed but you didn't even flinch. Seeing you couldn't make it, you tried to sneak your hand thorough one of the holes so i could take it. I know you won't believe me but the moment they touched, i almost screamed from joy. It was something weird and different, it made my heart jump and i started seeing pink everywhere. Even then you made my heart go crazy. 

I had never touched a girl before that moment. They were all so girly, playing with Barbies and braiding their hair, at my age i wasn't really fond of them.I heard stories of them talking about boys and having babies, them applying make up until they looked like monsters and the thought of it made me cringe. Then i met you, playing with cars and  acting as if you were spy;  I knew there would be no other. 

And as simple as that, we became friends. You insisted your mom to let me in, although she was worried about me since my family wasn't really the best, but you were persistent enough to convince her. Big error, i might add. We spend every single day together and somehow hanging out with a four year old actually made me happy; even though it was an unpopular opinion for the kids my age.

We pushed each other in the swings of your beautiful garden and played princess and knight, though you always ended up being the most badass princess ever. And at the age of six years old i wondered what your lips would taste of if i just brushed them against mine like my dad did with all those different women. 

You would tell me tales about your dad, being the best cop ever, the one and only hero of all your stories. And as i listened to you, with my eyes bright of excitement and my mouth hanging open, i realized that only someone as awesome as him could have such a wonderful daughter, who would grow up to be just like him. 

A year went by and i was already a member of your family, every time your mom heard trouble at my house, she would take me with you and we would sleep hand in hand, you whispering sweet lullabies in my ear to try and calm me down; and even though everything was deeply ed , i had never been so happy next to you. You were like my little paradise inside of the hell i was living.