. Present time - Loneliness

The sound of madness

Kai's P.O.V

I stood still, breathlessly looking at you through the small window of the place of my nightmares. It was funny how they wouldn’t let me in, afraid that I might disturb you, while I was on the outside a few breathes away from a panic attack.

I can’t help but think I should be the one guarded from you, not the other way around.

It wasn’t the first day, nor the second. It wasn’t even the sixth day I had spent looking at you through the window, silently wondering what you were thinking as you laid in bed, all kinds of strange tubes corrupting your body. The doctors and nurses already shot me nasty glares when they saw me, tired of my presence that was simply looking at you. I am sure that if you had seen me you would laugh at me. Like always.

After they had to kick me out of there, already at 10 pm, the most I could stretch my visiting hours, I would go home and think about how you had slowly slipped off my fingers. I thought about a lot of things, especially about the first time we met.

Ever since the first time I met you I already knew. You were going to be that person. Not just a person, but that person. I had everything carefully planned; how we would fall in love, the number of guests at our wedding, the flowers you would put on the vase I brought you for our fifth anniversary at our home, everything. There was no plan B, there was no hesitation, no doubtfulness. You were going to be mine, I saw our future way before you even noticed I wasn’t a kid anymore. That was how things were supposed to be, that’s how life was supposed to be; me and you. Forever.

 

I guess, as always, you decided to rebel against it. Because let’s be honest, you wouldn’t allow yourself to be happy so easily.

 

Everyday as i watched you i contemplated how fragile you were; one step in heaven, the other in hell. I will let you decide which one is which, being alive or dead. A few days ago i was holding you, promising all kinds of sweet things, loving you unconditionally. And this thought kept abusing my mind over and over, it almost drove me insane.As i watched your almost, almost lifeless body, I couldn't help but wonder if i was behind all this. When you wake up we will know, i guess..

Cause, let truth be told, we both know you are going to wake up. There aren't enough pills in the world that can separate you from me. Knowing you probably knew this sets me a bit more at ease, assuming i wasn't completely the reason why you wanted to...cease your existence.

 

Memories go through my mind like a never ending train of nostalgia. My whole life, there wasn't a single moment you weren't beside me. A week felt like a torture without talking to you. Every memory that was ought to be remembered was spent by your side, it didn't matter if we were mad or sad or happy. 

 

And now being separated by a  window, sounds ing ridiculous 


Okay, this is like a simple introduction, it shows a bit of the present events of the characters and hints of the past.