Fate?

My Sixty Days With Her

"Sir and Madam, please allow me to take your daughter to my house and introduce her to my appa."

I bowed my head as I asked for their permission. There was a minute of silence before Jiyeon’s omma finally spoke.

"But her body is weak. I don't think she can..."

"Madam," I interrupted,

"the weather is fine and I think she will be really glad if she can be outside for once."

"But..."

"He has a point." This time it was Jiyeon's father who spoke his mind.

"I think Jiyeon had always wanted to explore the world and I know this man will take care of her."

That was the end of our conversation. I went back to my house and started preparing everything that we need for her visit.

---------------------------------

"Where are we going?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

Her voice was weak but I could feel her excitement. She wore a pink dress which made her more beautiful in spite of her pale face. She was blindfolded so she would have no idea that she was about to meet my dad.

The car stopped and I gently helped her get out of the limousine before taking off her blindfold. She cried when she saw my house. I held her hand and kissed it. We went inside my house and I introduced her to my appa.

"So you are the girl that my son was talking about. Man, he is right. You do look like an angel."

Jiyeon blushed and said that it was her pleasure to meet my dad.

My house was near the beach and we had a barbecue party there. I introduced her to my friends and relatives. They like her and told me that I was lucky to have such a lovely girlfriend. She was the prettiest girl there even though she was in her wheelchair.

It was late in the afternoon when I asked her if she would like to watch the sunset with me. She nodded her head and thanked me. My friends and relatives cheered for us and I kissed her on her cheeks. I brought her to a quiet spot on the beach where I had prepared a picnic set earlier. I held her hand as we watched the sunset together.

"Gomawo (Thank you) for everything." She said to me.

I smiled at her and said, "You're welcome."

"I was able to go out because of you. It was my first time meeting so many people apart from my parents, bodyguards, doctors and maids. I'm so glad that you introduced me to your relatives and friends. Do you think they like me for you?"

"I'm sure they like you."

"By the way I bought this for you."

I gave her a tiny box. Before she opened my gift, she gave me a tiny box too. It has the same look as my gift. She told me that she asked one of her personal bodyguards to buy it after looking through a jewellery shop catalogue. I was surprised that we bought the same gifts.

*Is this fate?*

We put each other's ring on our fingers and I kissed her lips for the first time. They were soft and warm.

All of a sudden, there were fireworks in the sky. That was the most beautiful night ever. I did not set those fireworks and I wonder who did it.

"This is the best day of my life." Jiyeon said while crying.

I hugged her tightly like there's no tomorrow.

---> to be continued...