Her Condition..

My Sixty Days With Her

She wrote in her diary that she overheard the conversation between her omma and doctor. The doctor said that Jiyeon had only three months to live. Her omma was devastated but she told Jiyeon the truth.

"Omma cried when she told me the news. I did not cry but embraced her and accepted my fate. I knew that I have a weak body and will die soon. However, I still dream of meeting the boy I like."

I turned to look at her. She was sleeping soundly on her bed. I leaned over and kissed her right cheek as I softly whispered, “I Love You.”

I continued reading while crying. I found out that it was her appa who sent the bodyguard to me to ask me for my service.

"I was really happy when I saw him. I met him in the flesh for the first time. I couldn't believe it. I will be able to see him everyday for the next sixty days. I wonder what he was thinking when he saw a crippled girl like me."

As I read on, I found out that she fell in love with me. She also started to fear death because she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. However, she knew that she was about to die soon and that was the reason why she pushed me away. She missed me when I was not around and she was sorry that she hurt me.

"I love him more than anything."

I continued crying. I could never last a day without hearing her soft and caring voice and seeing her angelic face. Her love for me is the only reason why I can still live. How will I face tomorrow without her?

I felt a gentle cold hand touch my cheeks. That hand wiped away my tears. She was awake and she looked worried about me. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Why are you crying?" She asked with her weak voice.

I rubbed my eyes and pretended that I did not cry. I touched her pale cheeks and smiled at her.

“Where would you want to go if you weren’t sick?”

"Hmmm…" She paused.

"I can ask your appa. I think he'll allow me to take you to the place where you want to go." I added cheerfully.

"Where would I like to go? I think..." She smiled before she continued.

"I would like to go to your house and be introduced to your family as your official girlfriend."

She stopped and looked away. I knew she was blushing and she didn't want me to see it.

"Then, what do you want to do after seeing my appa?"

She did not answer. She was thinking.

After a few minutes, she cheerfully smiled at me and said, "I want to spend the remaining hours with you at the beach where you used to play when you were young under the sunset. I think it will be fun if we watch the sunset together."

I promised her to take her to my house and introduce her to my father. I took her hand and hugged her. She hugged me back and started crying.

"There's something that I did without asking for your permission." I confessed.

"I read your diary."

She moved her lips close to my ears and whispered softly, "I know and I wanted you to read it because I didn't have the strength to tell you about my situation."

I closed my eyes and hugged her tighter.

---> to be continued...