Chapter 7

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter seven

 

“I’m not going to marry you! Period! It’s stupid! Why would you even think about it?! And that’s not even a proposal!”

Yunho winced as she screeched the last sentence. The woman was pacing in the kitchen furiously like a caged animal while he leaned on the wall, watching. “Is that the problem? That I’m not proposing to you?”

She stopped suddenly and turned her glare to him. “You goddamned prick!”  She whispered heatedly. “How can you be so arrogant?! I’m not marrying even if you’re the last man in this goddamn world!”

“Easy, darling.” He couldn’t hold back a smile this time. “Why you got so riled up about this? What did I do wrong?”

Her eyes slit dangerously. “I can’t believe you! Have you listening to what I said?” 

Instead of feeling apprehension by her outburst, Yunho found it very refreshing. She was the first woman who ever rejected his offer. And the woman looked absolutely adorable when she was mad. Maybe, this was such a good idea after all. With her personalities, Yuri would be an even match for his. She wouldn’t be easily cowered by him.

Yunho straightened and clapped his hands once. “So a proposal it is. I’ll buy the ring tomorrow and we will go out for dinner. Seven okay for you?”

Yuri cursed under her breath like a sailor. Hands on her slim waist, she started pacing again. “How am I getting myself into this situation?”

“The moment you decided to knock on my door, you did.” Yunho supplied from his safe distance, aware that Yuri might reach for a knife to slice him into pieces.

She stopped again to glare at him. “What is wrong with you? Is this about your parents? You want to spit on them by using me?”

Ouch! That hit the mark. Carefully, he stepped closer. “Would you rather me marrying fellow lawyer? Or model? Or any women who don’t know anything at all about my daughter?What if she gets jealous of you and decides she doesn’t want you in Sulli’s life?”

“It’s blackmail.”

“You would rather Sulli is raised by women who will put their career over everything?”

Yunho watched with regret mixed satisfaction when Yuri’s eyes pooled with tears. He knew he was playing dirty, but he didn’t have much choice when it came to Yuri’s stubborn head. Without missing a beat, he continued.

“I promise that I’d be a good husband for you. I’ll stay faithful for as long as we are married. And we’ll also have to give Sulli a sister or a brother, or preferably both. I’ll provide you with generous allowance. I’ll support your career as an artist as long as you are aware of your role as a mother as well. We will be a happy family, Yuri. Think of how happy Sulli must be if you’re legally becomes her mother.”

“I am her mother.”

“You won’t be once I’m married with someone else. You see?” Yunho reached her carefully. His hands were on her shoulders as he continued to persuade her. “You will live here, with your daughter 24/7. Isn’t that what you want? You don’t need to share her time if you marry me.”

Her big brown eyes looked up at him thoughtfully. “You are a sly man, aren’t you Yunho?”

His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter