Chapter 1

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter One

 

Yuri eyed the luxurious, modern building in front of her critically. It was harder than what she thought. This morning, she woke up with new determination. She had packed their clothes in boxes and had called taxi to wait downstairs. Spatting nasty words back to her landlord when he viciously cursing her and the baby, Yuri had vowed to never ever coming back to the horrible old building.

She had walked out of the door of her old apartment building with her head held high. She had sailed the town in search of Sulli’s dad. No way would she give up now, especially when the baby was staring up at her with those trusting brown eyes that could change the mind of even the coldest man alive. Sulli would surely win her dad’s heart out if she did that at the right moment. 

Yuri glanced at the baby in her arms. This morning, her pain seemed disappear for she was so happy playing in her bath.

“You ready, baby girl?”

The baby blinked in response. Her rose bud mouth stretched into a smile. When she got sick two months ago, Yuri had worried that the baby would not survive. Yet, Sulli had. She was a fighter, just like her mom.

Yuri leaned down to kiss Sulli’s downy hair and the baby gurgled delightfully. Once again, Yuri’s heart melted at the sight. Yes, she would do anything for the baby. Be damned with her pride!This was all about Sulli.

“Let’s meet your Daddy, pumpkin.”

Yuri glanced back at the boxes piled high in the curb. It pained her to see how little their belongings were. They were homeless and if Sulli’s father decided he wouldn’t want anything to do with them, Yuri would sue him.

Upon entering the lobby, they were greeted by the valet. The man was in his forty with dark hair and equally dark eyes. He was tall and built like a guard. It was obvious that they were uninvited guests. Yuri swallowed the lump in .

“Good morning, Sir. Do you happen to know what floor Mr. Jung Yunho’s apartment is?”

The cold eyes looked back and forth between the baby and her. Then, as if a miracle, his eyes softened. Yuri floored when the valet smiled at the baby in her arms. Sulli, vivacious baby she was, returned the man’s smile with a big grin, causing one big fat drool to roll down her chin. She gurgled as she reached out one chubby hand.

“She’s the spitting image of her father.” The valet commented as he gave his hand.

Yuri’s heart lurched in her chest. Oh my god. If even the valet could remark something like that, then they surely had a hope. “Yes, she is.”

“Come, I’ll take you upstairs.” He squeezed Sulli’s hand gently. “This way, ma’am.”

“Yes, yes. Thank you.”

“Err . . . what about the boxes?”

Yuri caught the valet worriedly glancing outside. “I’ll deal with them later.”

The valet looked at her apologetically. “Yes, of course. I mean . . . err. . .just let me know. It’s my job.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter