Chapter 5

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter five

 

Another two weeks had passed. Yuri worked hard with her paintings and had managed to sell few pieces. It was very relieving that she was back in the right track. Sooner rather than later, she could afford small apartment for her own. However, her love life wasn’t run as well as her work. Her feeling was getting deeper before she even realized about it.

It was all started one week ago when Sulli started fretting again. In his frustration, Yunho moved Sulli’s crib into his room, saying that it wouldn’t disturb her if the baby cried in the middle of the night. Yuri tamped down her hurt and tried to understand that Yunho only did that out of concern. He was a man after all. A man’s sensitivity can be very dull.

But she kept awakened when the baby cried. Yuri wanted badly to hold her and calmed her down. Three days ago, unable to hold any longer, she bravely knocked on Yunho’s bedroom door. When the man opened the door, she saw Sulli having a tantrum in Yunho’s rumpled bed. His bloodshot eyes stared at Yuri helplessly.

“I’ll take care of her. You can go back to sleep upstairs.” Yuri said softly.

“No. She needs me.”

Yuri laid a hand on his arm carefully. “You’ve been taking care of her for few nights. It won’t do us any good if you get sick. Besides, you have an important meeting tomorrow morning. Go take a rest. I’ll take it from here.”

“Can I just sleep in your room?”

Yuri almost sputtered. But then she remembered whose apartment this was. “Yeah sure.” She pushed him out of his bedroom gently. “Good night, Yunho.”

“Night, Yuri.” He yawned. “Thanks.”

Yuri watched his back as he retreated into her bedroom. Mentally, she slapped herself for granting his request. What if he saw her bras and scattering on the floor? What if he found her novels inside her drawers? Or worse, what if he checked her phone and found out she was keeping the pictures of Calvin Klein’s models in nothing but boxer briefs?

She would die in mortification and never ever gonna leave her grave.

And she realized that she was also going to sleep in Yunho’s bed. Holy sweet mercy! After she lulled Sulli into deep sleep, Yuri threw herself in Yunho’s bed, exhausted beyond anything. And then she fell asleep with Yunho’s scent surrounded her. It was a very comfy bed, indeed.

The routine started again the next night. Sulli woke them up at one in the morning. Yuri hastily stormed inside Yunho’s room uninvited. But when she tried to push Yunho out of his room, he resisted. He said he wanted to wait with her until Sulli slept again. The baby gave in to exhaustion thirty minutes later. Yuri didn’t even remember how she put Sulli back into her crib before crawling in Yunho’s bed and fell asleep in his arms. When the morning came, she let out ear-splitting shriek that could wake up the entire building. To hide her mortification, she took Sulli out of the room as the baby started fussing.

And so last night it happened again. At the first sound of Sulli’s cry, Yuri had sprinted towardYunho’s room as fast as her feet could move. To her surprise, the door of his bedroom was opened. He was waiting for her with the baby in his arms.

“Can I hold her?” Yuri reached out her arms once she was standing in front of them. Yunho was wide awake with not even a sign of sleepiness. “You haven’t sleep, have you?”

“I was working when she started crying.”

“Well, you can go to sleep now.” Yuri smiled at him. Inside, she was a wreck of nervousness.

Yunho didn’t move an inch. He just stood there watching Yuri rocking his daughter back and forth into sleep. She felt thrilled at his attention. Not that she was crazy for that. It seemed that lately Yunho had been watching her for long time openly, just like he was trying to solve a puzzle. Too bad she didn’t need to be solved.

“It’s okay of you want to sleep now. In a moment, she will off to dreamland.” Yuri murmured.

“I’ll wait.” He said firmly. “Will you sleep inmy room again?”

Yuri looked up uncertainly. “I don’t know. Should I?”

“Sulli could be awakened again.” He said after a moment of silence.

“Yes, she could.” Exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter