Chapter 4

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter four

 

Three weeks had passed since Kwon Yuri knocked on his door. His life was still chaotic, but nothing that couldn’t be handled. Yuri helped a lot. She always woke up before him to tend the baby and cooked breakfast for him no matter how late she returned from work. Yunho had objected about her working on the nightclub downtown, but the woman always waved off his concern.

She worked from five to one in the morning. So, Yunho had to be home before five. Mostly, he only had to spend two to three hours before the baby went to sleep. After that, he would read or watched TV before he fall asleep in exhaustion. No more a night off with ladies. No more attending party. Not that he complained.

He just didn’t know what to feel. On one side, he liked spending time with his daughter. On the other side, he scared half to death that his old life wouldn’t be back. What the future held for him?

For now, they had Yuri as the baby’s mom. But how long would she stay available? Eventually, the woman would want a family of her own. And when she finally decided to leave, how the two of them could survive? He felt like he was taking the benefit of Yuri’s love to his daughter.

The thought of him marrying another woman just so Sulli would have a mother felt wrong. In his mind, Sulli’s mothers were Yoona and Yuri. They couldn’t be replaced. Now that Yoona had left, it left only Yuri. He would rather die than letting Sulli lost her other mother too.

When he heard Yuri’s footsteps getting closer, Yunho straightened in his lazy chair. Why, it was only ten and she was home. “You came home early.” He heard himself saying.

She wore dark jeans paired with heeled boots and a sweater twice her size. Her wavy hair pilled high into ponytail and her face was free of make up. The image she presented didn’t suit for a woman who worked on nightclub. She could be mistaken for underage girl. How the hell did she managed to get herself work as a bartender anyway?

Yuri dropped her worn out red bag to the floor. “There was a bar fight. The club is closed.”

He jumped to his feet. “A fight?! Why didn’t you call me? I could always pick you up.”

Yuri smiled impishly as she dropped to the couch across from him. “Relax old man. It’s under control.”

Yunho wanted badly to grip her narrow shoulder and shook her hard till her senses back. The woman obviously had lost her mind. “Are you hurt?” His effort to hold back his anger caused him to clench his hands into fists.

Yuri looked down at herself before she looked up with the same smile. “I don’t feel any pain.”

“It is not funny, Yuri.” He hissed through his clenched teeth.

Yuri’s smile evaporated. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’d be this worry. I promise I’ll be careful next time.”

His angry eyes didn’t leave her. “I should have banned you since the first time. It’s dangerous for woman like you to work in the nightclub.” Yunho shook his head. “Damn it woman!Why don’t you just accept my offer?”

Yunho had, in fact, over and over again literally begged her to work for him. And so she had refused him every time. The woman had driven him beyond crazy.

“No, thank you. However, the offer is really appreciated.” Yuri said calmly. “You’ve letting me to stay in your house indefinitely. The last thing I want is to bother you in your work place.”

Yunho exhaled, clearly exasperated. “Woman.”Yunho muttered. “How many times do you want me to say that you’re not a trouble? The moment you and Sulli stepped into my house, you two have become my responsibility.”

Yuri winced as if he had slapped her.

“That’s not what I meant.” He quickly explained. “You understand what I said, right? We raise a baby together. If you want to stay home all the time, that’s fine by me. Let me worry about the money.”

Now she closed her eyes. “And then what? What about the future?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter