Chapter 3

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter three

 

Yuri had made it to the door when her name was called. She turned around only to find Yunho staring wildly at her with his daughter clasped tightly against his chest. The baby, unmindful to her father’s apparent panic, kept gnawing at her thumb ferociously. It was a rare sight to be held. The father, looking so elegant in his unmade suit, cradled his messy baby girl against his chest. Sulli appeared so tiny in his father’s arms. And she clearly looked content at where she was right now.

“I have a proposal for you.” Yunho said quickly. “A very good one. Stay a bit longer and hear me out.”

Stifle back her amusement, she spoke softly. “I was just going to take the boxes downstairs. There are Sulli’s clothes and toys in those boxes.”

“Oh. I can ask Mr. Lee to do that. You can just stay here.” He looked down at the baby. “I don’t know what to do with her.” He said weakly, clearly frustrated.

Feeling her father’s attention focusing solely on her, Sulli looked up with angelic smile on her tiny face. A smile she clearly saved for her father only. Yuri heard his sharp intake of breath and in that moment, she knew Yunho was doomed. Man, no one could resist those innocent eyes and smiles.

“See, you’ve made yourself to be her favorite father in the world.” Yuri teased. When Yunho’s frown directed at her, she lifted an eyebrow. 

“I’m her only father.” His frown deepened. “Is there any –”

“No!” Yuri stopped him quickly before he could think the worst of Yoona. “In fact, there wasn’t any. Yoona couldn’t bring herself to accept another man’s proposal.”

As fast as it appeared, the frown disappeared. Yuri felt a sudden pang of jealousy. But jealous of what? She waved off her emotion as she focused on Sulli. “You feel comfy there, pumpkin?” She crooned at the baby.

Sulli made baby’s noises from . Her feet swung back and front under Yunho’s arms, a sign that she was truly happy. Yuri glanced at Yunho and found him did the same like her, studying the tiny creature in his arms as if it was some sort of miraculous thing.

“You two made a beautiful sight.” Yuri commented thoughtfully. An image of Yunho returning from work, still clothed in his suit and disheveled yet looked y as hell, playing with his baby daughter made her chest swell with unidentified emotion.

Yunho cleared his throat. “Come back inside. We haven’t finish talking. In the meantime, I’ll make sure the boxes will be sent here.”

“Okay.” Yuri followed closely behind him. She couldn’t help but to look and appreciate the way muscles in his shoulder stretched at his long strides. There was also the breathtaking sight of his spectacular cladded in dark slack. Yunho was tall, a head taller than she was. His body was well built with lean muscles. Clearly he had been taking care of himself very well.

Once they were back in the living room, he didn’t waste a time to surprise her. “Look, I’m not going to make it hard for you. But I really need you to say here as in living together with us. I got two rooms upstairs and two rooms downstairs. You can choose whichever you want.”

“But.”

“No buts. If you want this arrangement to work out, you have to stay here. Besides, it’ll save you from spending money for unnecessary transportation.”

“Fine, I’ll stay.” Her caving in wasn’t because of his reason had hit the mark. It was more for entirely different purpose. A purpose Yuri herself couldn’t name. A purpose that she knew would be selfish. A purpose that was dangerous.

As they stared at each other, understanding passed between them. A past was a past. Now, she only had to focus on the future. Yuri would find a job and if she was lucky she could paint again.

“I’ll call Mr. Lee.” Yunho said in the end.

“Okay. Err. . . you can give her to me. I know we’ve really shocked you. It’s okay if you want to go back to work.”Yuri noticed that Yunho’s arms around his daughter tightened. The sight made her dizzy with love.

“It’s alright. I like to hold her.”

And she liked to be hold by you. “Of course. I’ll go unpacked. If you need anything just tell me.” She stopped in her track. “And Yunho, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter