Chapter 2

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter two

 

Yuri let Mr. Jung Yunho made few calls to cancel his meetings while she sat in the brown leather couch with Sulli in her lap. She should feel guilty for bothering him. Only she felt none of it. The man deserved it.

Yuri never once took her eyes away from the man. She had made wrong assumption. JungYunho wasn’t an old man. Jung Yunho was, in fact, a very attractive man. Not to mention that he owned a firm law and the most successful lawyer in the city. He was the epitome of ladies’ man. A heart breaker.An .

His apartment was no different than the owner. It screamed of bachelorhood and lacked offeminine touch.Men and masculinity, she scoffed. The wall painted in steely gray. The floor was dark marble that you would hear your own footstep inside the apartment unless you walked barefoot. She should have felt terrified to let Sulli lived in this place. This place wasn’t suitable for babies. Sulli needed a home not a bachelor’ apartment for growing up.

“So, Ms. Kwon, would you please tell me the whole situation?”

Yuri’s eyes snapped back from their journey. She regarded the man looming before her cautiously. “Sit down and I’ll tell you everything. I don’t want to break my neck.”

Dark eyes flashed with irritation. Nonetheless, he complied.

“ImYoona. Does that name ring a bell?” Yuri studied the man’s reaction.

At her question, his jaw clenched tightly, as well as his fists. “Where’s she? What the hell is she thinking? How can she hide the baby from me?”

Yuri’s throat clogged with emotion. “She died four months ago in a car accident.”

His eyes bulged out of its sockets. The clenched fists trembled on his thighs. “What?”

Yuri blinked away her tears. “It happened so fast. I didn’t know who to call until two months ago when I talked to her lawyer. I’m the baby’s legal guardian according to Yoona’s wish.”

The man rose to his feet and when he started to curse furiously, Yuri covered Sulli’s ears with both hands.

“Please, Mr. Jung. Mind the baby.”

He glanced at his daughter’s innocent face. “! Sorry. It just –”

“I know.” Yuri said softly. “That’s the reason I came here today.” And many other reasons.“Sulli deserves to know her father.”

 

For the first time, Jung Yunho appeared at loss of words. He was the best lawyer in the city, for Christ’s sake! He always knew what to say or how to handle situation. But this lady who sat down serenely with his baby, his baby, in her lap was a bombshell of his morning. He stared for a long time at the baby’s innocent look and found so much of him inside her tiny feature, except for bitterness.

No, the baby was one bundle of purity and joy. Yunho would make sure his daughter would never feel the cynicism of the world. Oddly, he welcomed the sudden rush protectiveness. He studied the baby further. She was one healthy baby with color in her cheeks and baby fat in her tiny form. Apparently, the lady had been taking a good care of his daughter.

What was his daughter’s name again? Sulli?Jung Sulli or ImSulli?

“You made the right decision Ms. Kwon.” Yunho said in the end, ending the eerie silence in the room.

“Yuri.” The lady spoke softly. “Call me Yuri. Not that I mean anything. I just don’t like that name.”

At his raised eyebrow, Kwon Yuri looked away. Her lush mouth set in a firm line. Yunho had caught a flash of hurt in her eyes before she tore her eyes away from him. Her apparent discomfort over her family name enticed him.

“Alright then. Let’s talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter