Awkward

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

 

Jeju Island, GD’s Pension House

 

            The rain has finally stopped and Dara was woken up by the stray ray of sunshine that escaped the rooms pink curtains. Her eyes still feel a little heavy from sleep, she remembered not being able to sleep at once because she kept thinking about the photograph she saw.

 

            Jiyong and I?

 

            No matter how hard she thinks, Dara cannot really understand all of the things that Jiyong was insisting even though she saw a little proof last night.

 

            Aniya~ it’s impossible, right?

 

            She looked around the room and smiled despite of herself. It was nice sleeping here because it feels like home, like it really was meant for her. Dara got herself off from the bed and walked to the little balcony that was overlooking the sea. She inhaled deeply and sighed, “Aigoo~ yepeuda~”

 

            Dara spreads her arms wide and looked at the sea where not far from the water, she saw a figure standing. She squinted her eyes to see a bit better and realized it was Jiyong. He was just standing there not moving.

 

            “Dara-ssi?” Mina knocked on the door. “Are you awake?”

 

            Dara went to open the door. “Neh.”

 

            “Good morning.” Mina smiled. “How’s your sleep?”

           

            “It was nice.” Dara answered.

 

            “Mom and I are just starting to prepare breakfast.” Mina held Dara’s hand. “You should come down.”

 

            “Arasso.” Dara agred and went down to the kitchen with Mina leading her.

 

            “Mina, help me with these.” Mrs. Kwon said as she pointed at the casserole.

 

            “Good morning!” Dara greeted happily.

 

            “Good morning.” Mrs. Kwon nodded at Dara approvingly. And then she turned her attention back to her daughter. “Yah, where’s your brother?”

 

            “Dara-ah, can you call Jiyong and tell him breakfast is ready?” Mina asked as she pour the contents of the casserole in a big bowl.

 

            “Sure.” Dara replied and went for the door.

 

            “It think he’s by the beach!” Mina shouted after her.

 

            Dara hugged herself as soon as she stepped outside. The morning air is refreshing but cold at the same time. She cautiously approached Jiyong who’s still standing frozen and staring at the sea. Dara tapped him in the shoulder lightly.

 

            “Your mom was looking for you. Breakfast is ready.” Dara mumbled.

 

            Jiyong turned around and looked at her for a few seconds before nodding. “Arasso.”

 

            Dara felt the awkwardness instantly. “I think we should go back.”

            Jiyong nodded and walked towards the house without waiting for Dara. She quickly followed him when she realized what’s happening.

 

            Was he mad at me? Dara thought to herself.

 

            Breakfast at the Kwon’s house was a simple event. Mina was chatting away and told Dara many stories of her and Jiyong when they were just kids while Jiyong eats quietly and will make a comment when Mina asked him something.

 

            “I think he didn’t get to sleep much.” Mina whispered to Dara.

 

            Dara smiled awkwardly. “I think so too.”

 

            “Why don’t you stay for another day, Dara?” Mina asked excitedly. “I can show you around Jeju.”

 

            “Dara noona have a busy schedule, we need to go back today.” Jiyong said. That was the longest he has said this morning.

 

            “Jinjja?” Mina pouted.

 

            “Neh.” Dara nodded.

 

            “Thank you for the food.” Jiyong said and put his plates on the sink. “Noona, I’ll wait for you in the car.”

 

            “Aigoo~ that punk is not in his right mind again.” Mina shook her and smiled apologetically to Dara. “I think he has a lot on his mind right now.”

 

            “Gwenchanna. He must be tired too.” Dara smiled but deep inside she was worried that she might have hurt Jiyong’s feelings last night.

 

            Mina sighed, “I just wish there’s someone who will take care of him. Yah, Dara. Introduce him to a girl if you know someone.”

 

            “Neh?” Dara looked taken aback.

 

            “My brother is quite famous, anyone would like him.” Mina laughed. “So, introduced him to someone, okay?”

 

            Dara just nodded absentmindedly, I don’t think he wants someone else though.

 

            Dara said her goodbyes to Mina and walked towards Jiyong who was leaning on the hood of his car and staring blankly at the sea again.

 

            “Bye!!” Mina waved goodbye.

 

            Dara waved back as Jiyong opened the door for her. She bumped her head in the process.

 

            “Be careful.” Jiyong mumbled.

 

            Dara laughed. “Mianhe, I’m such an airhead.

 

            Jiyong opened like he was going to say something ad smile but then it disappeared. He slammed the door shut and went to the driver’s seat. Dara smiled vanished, he must be mad at me.

 

            The drive back to Seoul was painfully quiet. Once or twice Dara tried to make a conversation but Jiyong just nods or shake his head. She gave up eventually when she saw that they are going to arrive at the dorm soon. Dara stares outside the window when Jiyong suddenly pulled the car beside the road.

 

            “What happened?” Dara looked at Jiyong. “Is the car broken?”

 

            “Listen, noona.” Jiyong said as he stares straight on the road his hands gripped the steering wheel.

 

            “Waegure?” Dara asked confused.

 

            “Mianhe… I’m sorry for last night. I shouldn’t have insisted on something ridiculous.” Jiyong said his face expressionless but his voice is starting to crack. “I think you’re right. I am crazy for saying those stuff…”

 

            “Jiyong-ah…” Dara said as she reach out and touch Jiyongs’ arm.

 

            He flinched a little but continued. “It was a mistake bringing you there. I’m sorry. You should forget about the room. I’m sorry for my bad manners and for bothering you. I won’t do that again.”

 

            Dara have no response to that. She was hurt when he said that it was a mistake that he brought her there. She had so much fun on meeting his family, it’s like knowing a part of him. She was happy despite the things that she cannot believe.

 

            “I should bring you home. The girls might kill me for kidnapping you.” Jiyong laughed without humor.

 

            Dara nodded as she put her hand back in her lap and bit her lip.

 

            They arrived at the YG Building and Bom was waiting at the entrance.

 

            “Mouya?!” Bom said, hands on her hips. “Where did you go, you two?”

 

            “Annyeong, noona.” Jiyong waved.

 

            “Bommieeee~” Dara hugged her.

 

            “We were looking for you.” Bom hugged her back.

 

            “Mianhe, I borrowed her for a while.” Jiyong said.

 

            “Where did you take her?” Bom asked suspiciously.

 

            Dara jumped up and down and answered quickly. “We went to Jeju, to Jiyong’s pension. It was sooooooo beautiful!”

 

            Jiyong stared at her, she looked so happy that it took him by surprise.

 

            “Yah! I want to go too!!!” Bom stomped her feet.

 

            “I’ll bring all of you next time.” Jiyong promised.

 

            Bom looked unconvinced. “Yah, why did you bring Dara there? Do you like her?”

 

            “Bommie-ah!!” Dara laughed awkwardly. “What are you saying?”

 

            “I was just asking.” Bom countered.

 

            “I was bored, that’s all.” Jiyong replied.

 

            Dara looked at him in disbelief.

 

            “I should go.” Jiyong said and waved. “See you around.”

 

            “Mouya?” Bom said. “What’s wrong with that kid?”

 

            “Nappeun namja!” Dara said and walked towards the elevator.

 

            “Yah, wait for me!” Bom ran after her.

 

BIGBANG’s Dorm

 

            Jiyong opened the door to their vast living room, relieved that there was no one around. He threw himself on the couch and closed his eyes shut. He feels like crap, getting cold and angry towards Dara, but can he do when there’s no more way for him to express himself. He feels bad insisting himself to her when she clearly doesn’t remember him, not even want him.

 

            I creep her out with all my ranting that we like each other and she’s a doll. Yeah, that’s right. I might have gone crazy.

 

            “You’re not crazy and you know it.” A voice said beside him.

 

            “It might be easier if I am.” Jiyong mumbled.

 

            “So, are you giving up on her?” asked the voice. “You just met her again.”

 

            Jiyong opened his eyes and met Kei Ri’s eyes whose peering down at him. “Why are you here?”

 

            “You’re not surprised to see me again.” Kei Ri commented.

 

            “Of all the weird things that happened, should I really be concerned that you’re here?” Jiyong snorted.

 

            “No.” Kei Ri smiled.

 

            Jiyong sat up and Kei Ri sat down beside him. She opened the television and changed the channel at lightning speed.

 

            “I’m bored.” Kei Ri mumbled and threw down the remote. “Let’s go out Jiyong.”

 

            “Go away.” Jiyong sighed.

 

            Kei Ri studied him, “How’s the Jeju trip?”

 

            “I have a feeling that you already know the answer.” Jiyong replied bitterly.

 

            “The room is pretty.” Kei Ri said and that made Jiyong scowl at her.

 

            “Just saying.” Kei Ri shrugged when he continued to scowl at her.

 

            Jiyong’s phone suddenly rang and he just switched it off without bothering to look whose calling.

 

            “It was Dara.” Kei Ri informed him.

 

            “What?” Jiyong snapped.

 

            “Dara was the one calling.” Kei Ri pointed at his phone.

 

            Jiyong looked at his phone and saw the missed call from Dara, “.”

 

            Kei Ri stared at him and Jiyong shrugged. “I don’t care.”

 

            “Aren’t you going to ask me something?” Kei Ri asked.

 

            “When are you going to stop bothering me?” Jiyong asked.

 

            Kei Ri shook her head. “Not that question.”

 

            “Enlighten me!” Jiyong threw his hands up in frustration. “I don’t know what to think or do, okay?”

 

            “How-can-I-be-human-again that type of question.” Kei Ri replied.

 

            “I doesn’t matter.” Jiyong replied.

 

            “Huh?” Kei Ri looked taken a back.

 

            “She’s human. That’s what I wanted from the very start, she’s human now.” Jiyong explained. “End of story. Goodbye.”

 

            “What about you?” Kei Ri asked following Jiyong to his room.

 

            “What can I do?” Jiyong asked back. “I don’t have any power to bring back time and even if I do, I sure hell will save her over and over again.”

 

            “I can help you find the cure.” Kei Ri offered, looking really guilty.

 

            “Why are you looking like that?” Jiyong asked.

 

            “I didn’t mean harm when I made her.” Kei Ri sighed.

 

            Jiyong saw that she was close to tears which is rare since Kei Ri is not really that type of person. If she’s even a person.

 

            “I know.” Jiyong sighed and slumped on the edge of his bed. “I don’t blame you.”

 

            “I can help you.” Kei Ri insisted.

 

            “How?” Jiyong asked. “You said it yourself that you’re not involved to her anymore coz she’s not human,”

 

            “There must be a way to undo every magic.” Kei Ri said.

 

            “You can’t risk it. It might kill her or me.” Jiyong said.

 

            “Eottokke?” Kei Ri asked. “Sometimes, I myself hate my power.”

 

            “Maybe it’s our destiny.” Jiyong smiled bitterly. “Maybe I should just go find someone whom I can give happiness. Do you think I will fall in love with someone else?”

 

            “Molla~” Kei Ri replied truthfully.

 

            But I cannot imagine loving anyone else. Jiyong thought.

 

            “We’ll find a way.” Kei Ri said seriously. “I promise to helo you.”

 

            “Thanks, but you don’t have to.” Jiyong patted her head. “You should go, the other members will be shocked to see you.”

 

 

2NE1’s Dorm

 

            CL and Bom is standing in front of Dara’s room. The door was closed but there was a lot of noise inside like she was trying to turn her room upside down.

 

            “Dara-ah, gwenchanna?” Bom knocked on her door.

 

            “Neh!” Dara answered back.

 

            “Eonnie, you’re not making a bomb or something, right?” CL asked.

 

            “Aniyo!” Dara replied.

 

            “Arasso, we’ll be back.” Bom said. “We’’ll buy you something nice for dinner.”

 

            Dara was sitting cross-legged on her bed. She’s was beating her phone in annoyance.

 

            “Mou? I’m bored?” Dara talked to herself as she recalls Jiyong’s excuse on why he dragged her all the way to Jeju. “Nappeun namja!”

 

            “He confessed, says weird things to me. Tell me that it’s just a mistake bringing me there. Bipolar, aniya?!” Dara fumed.

 

            “That punk needs to be though a lesson. How dare him hang up the phone?” she flipped her phone.

 

            He can’t be angry at me just because I cannot believe what he’s saying. I was the one confused and scared and… and.

 

            “Kwon Jiyong, you bad bad dragoooon!!” Dara shouted.

 

            “Eonnie, what’s happening?” Minzy knocked on her door. “I’m back from the gym.”

 

            “Aigooooo~ I’m okay.” Dara shouted back. “I was… just… uhm. Talking to myself.”