Despair

Injustice
Please log in to read the full chapter

DESPAIR

"We're taking you to the hospital." Junmyeon sighed, as he dapped the dry cloth lightly against Jongin's forehead. Baekhyun nodded and added in concern, "Definitely. You have to get your face washed; if this continues to delay, it'll get worst."

Shaking his head, Jongin stubbornly protested, "I'm okay." He sweeped away Junmyeon's hand and brushed past his shoulders, staggering his way off. The two other males sighed once again before following him from behind. "Where are you going, now?"

Stopping in his track, Jongin tilted his head to the left and muttered, "To Miyoo." That was the last words he said before going off, leaving the other two behind. Jongin felt a little delighted that he had saved her, he felt lucky that Miyoo was under safe hands and he couldn't imagine if he didn't turn up. He couldn't imagine Miyoo coughing, under Chanyeol's trap, neither could he visualize himself crying over her death.

That was that lucky big fact. Miyoo was still alive, still existing in his world. Miyoo was still breathing, still seen and living. Without a turn to the back, Jongin continued walking. With every steps he take, his mind was beating through the beat. You're safe, Miyoo, You're safe.

He wanted to pull her into his embrace and remind her that everything was okay. He wanted to hold her hands and claim that everything wasn't real, but a nightmare. He wanted to just protect her, more than anyone else.

His lifeless eyes lighten, when he saw a girl. The girl that had been living in his heart for every minute, every second. That's her, Miyoo. Under the shelter with another man. Still smiling, he jogged closer towards the two people, not caring about the rain that had left him all wet. As he ran, he took in a deep breath, getting ready to call out for her name. "Mi-"

But everything came to an abrupt stop when a sentence pierced through his beating heart. "I like you." Was what he heard coming from . His knees buckled, as he listened closely to their conversation.

He gulped. Every words of theirs gunned him down the throat. Like an endless nightmare, the male stood miserably still, as he shivered under the cold.

"I'll.. I'll think about it." The other boy said, causing the girl to smile. Jongin lowered his head, fighting hard against his burning urge to break the two apart. The butterflies in his stomach died, his fist loosen, as his eyes slowly turn away. His mind went plainly blank, and for a moment, he had forgotten that he was existing. For another moment, he died down into broken ashes as he looked at Miyoo confess to someone else. Someone else.

"Let's go, Jongin.." Junmyeon's voice came from his left. Baekhyun's voice appeared, this time, from his right, "We're taking you to the hospital."

 

 

The clock showed that it was night-time, but Jongin's mind followed the thought of it being a day. As he sat silently at his balcony, he looked up to the dark, starless sky, above him. He leaned on his back, his eyes studying the cluster of clouds. It appeared silently dull, he could see it getting closer as he lifted his hand up. His hands left the air, and dropped down to his lap. Just like how his hope came banging to the bottom.

A sudden music appeared, cutting off the silence. Jongin was startled for a moment, but when he realized it was his phone, he sighed and stretched his arms to reach for the table beside him. Managing to do that, he grabbed hold of the device and switched it on immediately. I'm sorry, but I don't think i'm turning up for dinner with you. It was Miyoo. The girl that finally replied to him after a few long hours. He stared at the text message on the screen, letting his heart pour into despair.

His fingers started moving, punching every alphabat. It's okay. Maybe next time. Then, he set aside his phone, meeting back with the sky, which was just as dark as his thoughts.

Somewhere in the same part of the city, sat Chanyeol on a rooftop. Deeper into the town, Jiyoo sat on her windowsill, her knees brought close against her chest. She, too, was staring at the same sky. The three of them stared longingly into space. Coincedentally, the trio exhaled their breath.

 

 

"Oh my god, look at both of them; they look so cute together." "They look so sweet and perfect!" "I wish I am her, he's so handsome!" "They look so good together.." Strikes of gossips hit the hallway, as the pair walked, with their hands locked upon each others, swaying it back and forth. They were in the middle of the line, walking through as if it was like a red carpet aisle. Students from the side-lines started gossiping, most of them were on their phone spreading the news. What news?

The newest couple that most of them had been waiting for. They were now seen doing what all lovers do. Sehun wrapped his hands around Miyoo's waist, pu

Please log in to read the full chapter