Alone

Injustice
Please log in to read the full chapter

ALONE

"How was school?" A mother of two girls asked, putting her spoon down. There was a wild silence as the two younger ones sat dangerously close to each other. "Good." Miyoo smiled sweetly, Jiyoo remained quiet.

The older sister had that emotionless face, while the younger one looked shamelessly happy. "I made six new friends." Miyoo included proudly, glancing at older girl. Jiyoo took a bite of her rice slowly, her eyes gazing at the wooden table, as though she was preventing herself from exploding out anger.

"That's good to hear." Mrs Pyo nodded before setting her eyes on her first child. "How about you, bitter cake?" She asked, causing Jiyoo to squeeze the chopsticks unknowingly. No answers were delivered as the family of three sank back into silence. "She's asking you a question, unnie." Miyoo said, giving her a warm smile, "How was your day?" Jiyoo remained wordless, without a word uttered.

Mrs Pyo looked at her in displeasure, "You have no manners, young woman." Miyoo mentally smirked and pouted dramatically, "Hey, what's wrong?" She questioned, holding her sister's left hand. Jiyoo took in a deep breath, tapping the chopstick against the spoon to calm her down. It produced a light tapping sound that contributed upon the unwanted silence.

Almost after two seconds came, Jiyoo slammed her chopsticks down onto the table. "Don't touch me." She spat, shrugging Miyoo's hand off roughly. Miyoo pouted, feeling dejected but mentally, she was burning with anger.

Jiyoo glanced at the younger and she mentally scoff. What a faker. Then, she stood up. "Where are you going?" Mrs Pyo asked, totally upset with her child's attitute. "I have no appitite." Was what Jiyoo said, before stomping off and heading straight towards her room. When she was out of sight, Miyoo broke the silence and stood up from her the chair, "Don't worry, I will check on her. I'll do the dishes later." Mrs Pyo nodded and watched Miyoo go.

"Please do not be like your sister, sweet cake." She advised. Miyoo pursed her lips and obeyed, before heading off.

 

 

Jiyoo untied her hair, letting it fall, covering the sides of her face. She sat near, against the glass window, leaning her forehead gently upon it. She traced her fingers down and up the glass, watching the dark sky; it was occupied with million of tiny twinkling stars. She closed her eyes, remembering a song that had left her mind for a year. Just Like Stars.

She smiled, taking a deep breath, releasing every tension that dared come crawling back. Her lips parted, as she slowly sang a part of the song. "Just like stars, they are shining. Twinkling away. Without them, the sky would be empty; it wouldn't look quite worth a see. Just like stars, you're my other half, you're the stars. So, dont leave me, ever again." She closed her eyes, when the memories of him came flashing back.

It wasn't love that lies back within her heart. It was anger and disappointment that drove her sadness up. She curled her hands into her fist, drawing her knees closer towards her chest. Her head immediately turned to the door, when she heard footsteps. She hopped from the window sill and headed towards it, before checking who it was.

No one.

She looked to the left and saw Miyoo walking away. Uninterested, she shut the door and leaned against it. Miyoo, on the other hand, stopped in her track and smirked. Her hand was holding her phone, and it was clearly true that she had recorded her sister singing.

 

 

"She even sang your song. Oh my god." Baekhyun said, as the other four boys listen closely to the voice record. Miyoo shrugged and slipped her phone back into her pocket. Chanyeol wasn't around, it was luck for her. Jongin looked at her.

"It must be really hard for you." Miyoo shook her head, "I'm used to it. Anyway, I have things to do. See you around." She waved. Sehun grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer towards him. "Take care, be safe." He advised, and let her go.

Jongin blinked, sinking slowly into jealousy. Sehun and Miyoo had been found together often, in school. Other than Jongin, it was Sehun. That emotionless Sehun who was even much closer to her than Jongin. The way Miyoo talked to Jongin seemed awkward, unlike Sehun. When it comes to Sehun, the girl

Please log in to read the full chapter