Shattered

Injustice
Please log in to read the full chapter

SHATTERED

8 Months Ago

The lights flashed on, and the once dark room lit up, revealing a beautiful banner that read: "Happy Birthday!" Everyone cheered, clapping for the birthday girl that was sitting in the middle. With a white dress, and white hair band, the girl leaned closer towards the cake and blew the flames away from the candle with glee.

"Happy birthday, Miyoo!" "Happy birthday!" "Happy 16th birthday" Miyoo giggled and looked at her toes shyly. She wasn't used to that much of attention. As she sat in the center stool, her relatives gave her a sweet smile and pat her head. "You'll be in high school, soon." One of them said, "Look at you, you're all grown-up." Another said, shaking their head with a dreamy sigh.

Hooked with the conversation she had with the others, the door creaked open, and a pretty girl stepped inside. "Jiyoo-ah!" The relatives shrieked and walked towards her, greeting her excitedly and admiring her presence. Jiyoo was holding a box of wrapped-up present, specially made for her younger sister. Jiyoo gave them a grin and looked around, "Where's my princess?"

They stepped aside; the older female smiled, seeing the younger one who was just sitting there, gazing at her. "Pyo Miyoo." She settled down next to her and placed the present on her lap, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, unnie." Miyoo gave her an appreciative nod, as she looked at the cuddle of cousins sitting around her sister, Jiyoo. Miyoo ate her cake silently, hearing the compliments that weren't meant for her. Her mind was blank, and it was then, her world turned silent and lonely. It wasn't the first time it happened. She was always the one thrown aside, the worst sister with no bright futures.

What about Jiyoo? Well, obviously, she had everything every girl wants. Talent and love. Hours passed, as the party carried on. Miyoo was sitted at the corner of her room, glancing at her sister who was still busy chattering with the other relatives. Are you satisfied? It was her party, her one and only party. Everything seemed to work otherwise. Every focus seemed to be pointing on her older sister and not her. Miyoo was all prepared with pretty make up, and hair style that she had spent hours and effort on it. But still, she felt unwanted.

That was the moment when jealousy grew in her, and the devil inside her was born. That was the moment when she stopped thinking Jiyoo as a sister, but a rival. Pyo Jiyoo was the girl who made her feel nothing but miserable. She felt miserable over herself, she felt like she wasn't loved, she felt like she was good-for-nothing.

She placed her cup on a table, before making her way out of the party room. Just like that, no one knew that she disappeared. No one cared, no one bothered, no one was aware of her feelings. And because of that, she started becoming different.

Hatred grew, so did her urge of taking revenge. Pyo Jiyoo, just wait. I'm going to destroy you one day.

 

 

Miyoo headed up the stairs, making her way towards her sister's room. Their mother had instructed her to call her sister down for dinner and Miyoo had agreed reluctantly. She knocked on the door but there was no reply. Another knock and it was followed by silence. Frustrated, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Unnie?" She called. Sighing, she just opened the door and was faced with her elder sister's bedroom. But when she heard the water running, she immediately knew that Jiyoo was showering. Miyoo was about to turn around to exit her room but something caught her eye.

Creasing her eyebrows once again, she walked towards the bed to see sheets of paper resting on it. Music sheets? She knew her sister had a passion for piano and at that moment, an idea flashed in her mind. This was the only way to ruin her. A smirk found its way up her lips.

She was about to take the music sheets in her hands when a voice interrupted her. "Miyoo? Is it time for dinner already?" Putting on a fake smile, Miyoo acted like nothing had happened.

"U-uh yeah. Mom is asking for you." Jiyoo nodded her head. "I'll come down after getting changed." "Okay," Miyoo quickly mumbled before scurrying out of the room. She cursed softly under her breath. I'll get it another time.

Dinner ended. Miyoo glanced at Jiyoo who was getting ready to sleep. Skillfully, she trailed behind her without getting caught and watched her elder sister walk into the bedroom. She looked at her watch that was resting on her wrist, before peeking through the cracks of the door. Through it, she could see Jiyoo laying down the bed and wrapping herself with a blanket. She looked at the stack of music sheets placed at Jiyoo's desk. With that, she came out with a plan as a smug smile came curving at her lips.

The next morning, Jiyoo found her study table empty.

"Mom, have you seen the stack of music sheets I left on my desk. It should be here, but now it's gone." Jiyoo said, looking through her drawers. Her mother shook her head and sighed, "Don't ask me silly questions. You should be responsible for your own belongings."

Jiyoo ruffled her hair and looked under the table, and the papers she was trying to find, was nowhere at sight. Where did it go? She chewed on her lips, panicking her way through the pointless search.

"What's wrong?" Miyoo finally came, looking at her sister's stressed expression. "Miyoo, I left my works on the table over here. Have you seen it? I clearly remembered I put it here. Gosh, this is annoying." Jiyoo said, causing the other girl to mentally snicker.

"I didn't see it, why? I think you misplaced it somewhere." The girl pretended like she didn't know anything. She did nothing but give her that sympathetic smile. "Yea, Jiyoo. You forgetful young woman." Her mother included, adding oil to fire. Without further ado, the elder sister sighed and walked out of the room.

 

 

8 months had passed, Miyoo found herself leaning against a big grand piano, in front of a huge group audience watching her every move. The theatre was in a deep silence, as she took in a deep breath. Her eyes scanned the music notes once again, before resting her hands on the keys in position. When the time was right for her to start, she pressed the first chord of the piano; it danced swiftly upon it, with a sad sound flooding the air.

"Oh my god, she's so good." Baekhyun whispered to his friend beside him, which was Jongin. Jongin nodded in strong agreement, smiling at the girl who was performing on stage. There was a crazy feeling inside him, the feeling that he knew, was love. As he watched her slender fingers move, he couldn't help but fall for her even harder. He would do anything, absolutely anything to make her

Please log in to read the full chapter