chapter 8

The fate of us

After Krystal took a shower, she got dressed and then headed to the kitchen. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Baekhyun making breakfast. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she stood next to him. Baekhyun smiled. "Cooking breakfast as you can see." He answered. Krystal frowned. "No...I mean why are you still here?...you got what you wanted...you got in between my legs...you can leave now." Krystal said sadly. Baekhyun stopped and looked at Krystal. "Do you really believe that I'm like that? That all I want is ?..." Baekhyun asked. Krystal didn't reply indicating that yeah she did think that. Baekhyun placed the pancakes on the plates and then turned to Krystal. "I'm not going to lie to you Krystal....I do mess around with a lot of girls.." He paused. Krystal looked at the floor. She didn't want to listen anymore. "But I did that becuase...I couldn't find what I was looking for....I couldn't find the girl that would steal my heart...that would make me go crazy for her....but now..." Baekhyun paused once more. He knew if he finished what he had to say he would be in trouble. Krystal looked at him wondering what he was going to say. "But now...I found her...the one who stole my heart...the one that makes me go crazy for her....and that girl...that girl is you..." He finished. Krystal stared at him. He didn't know what she was thinking and that's what made him go crazy. Krystal then released a smile. Krystal then pulled his shirt forcing him to kiss her. He immediately kissed back. 

Baekhyun walked to his apartment. He sighed when he walked in. "So how was your night?" Kai asked as he watched tv. "Who's this?" Baekhyun asked as he pointed to the girl who was laying on the floor . "Oh her...I don't know...i never found out her name." Kai answered. Baekhyun scoffed. "Wow Kai..." Baekhyun replied as he went to the kitchen and got himself a bottle of water. "So how was your night?" Kai asked. "Great." Baekhyun answered simply. Kai looked at Baekhyun. "You did it with her didn't you?" Kai asked with a smile plastered on his face. Baekahyun looked at Kai and nodded. Kai immediately stood up. "Dude that's great, now you can kill her." Kai said. "I can't.." Baekhyun replied. "What do you mean you can't??" Kai asked. Baekhyun sighed. "She told me everything Baekhyun...she told me all she wanted was a normal life...that all she wanted was free will and be permitted to have emotions...she told me why she was banished from heaven--" Baekhyun was cut off. "Wait wait wait wait...she knows about you??" Kai asked. "No no no she doesn't know what I am nor who I am...she was drunk.." Baekhyun answered. Kai sighed. "...do you like her?" Kai asked. Baekhyun didn't answer. "No no no no you can't like her Baekhyun--" Kai was cut off. "What am I suppose to do?? I can't just shut off my feelings for her." Baekhyun said. Kai sighed again. "Dude I don't know what to tell you...if you don't kill her and she kills you...hell is gonna be locked up--" Kai was cut off. "But if I do kill her then the angels will be locked out of heaven and they'll be powerless--" Baekhyun was cut off. "THAT WAS THE PLAN FROM THE BEGINNING!!...You kill her...." Kai said. Baekhyun sighed. "I can't Kai." Baekhyun replied. "You idiot...the fate of hell is on you--" Kai was cut off. "And the fate of heaven is on her...she doesn't even know what she has to fight--" Baekhyun was cut off. "That's a good thing....Baekhyun don't ruin this..." Kai said. "I'm sorry...I can't kill her.." Baekhyun replied. Kai sighed. "If you don't kill her...then I will.." Kai responded. 

8:00 pm 

Krystal sighed. She knew she had fallen for Baekhyun but she wasn't sure if they should be together. "What if the angels hurt him?..." She thought. She groaned as she stared at the ceiling. Her eyes slowly started to close. Her eyes immediately opened when she heard knocking. She got out of bed and walked out of her room to the door. She opened it and there stood Baekhyun with a worried expression. "Hey Baekhyun...what's wrong?" She asked. Baekhyun walked in the apartment and closed the door. "No one came right?" He asked. Krystal shook her head. Baekhyun sighed in relief. "Baekhyun what's wrong?" She asked. Baekhyun looked at her and sighed. He's gonna have to tell her sooner or later. "He's worried that you'll get hurt." The tan manned answered her as he walked out of Krystal's room. Baekhyun hid Krystal behind him. "Who is he?" Krystal asked. "Kai please..don't do this." Baekhyun pleaded. "SHE HAS TO DIE!!" Kai yelled. Krystal's eyes opened wide. "W-what is he talking about?" She asked Baekhyun as she grabbed his arm. "Don't listen to him." Baekhyun said. Kai scoffed. "Baekhyun it needs to be done...she will die either way--" Kai was cut off. "Kai your not in the prophecy." Baekhyun said. "THEN KILL HER!!" Kai yelled. Krystal stared at Baekhyun. "Baekhyun.." She called. "Krystal get out of here." Baekhyun ordered. "Oh come on...are you serious Baekhyun? I will always find her." Kai said. Krystal looked at Kai. "Why are you trying to kill me??" Krystal asked. "Krystal I said get out of here." Baekhyun said. "Because Baekhyun won't kill you.." Kai answered her. Krystal looked at Baekhyun and then at Kai. "Come on Krystal...figure it out...who do you think Baekhyun is??" Kai said. Krystal let go of Baekhyun. "Your a demon??" She asked. Baekhyun turned and faced Krystal. "Krystal--" Baekhyun was cut off. "You don't need to explain yourself Baekhyun...there's no purpose...now...kill her." Kai said as he held out a blade. Baekhyun and Krystal looked at the blade. "The angel blade..." Krystal said. "Well...I should leave you two alone...I wonder who would be the winner....good luck." Kai said before he disappeared, dropping the angel blade on the ground before he did.

Krystal moved away from Baekhyun. "Krystal..." Baekhyun called. "Your the demon that I'm suppose to fight??" She asked. Baekhyun nodded. Krystal shook her head. "No.." She said as tears fell down from her face. Baekhyun went to her and grabbed her hands. "Krystal listen to me...i don't want to kill you...I'm not going to kill you okay?" He said. She shook her head. "I trusted you." Krystal said as she cried. "Krystal let me explain--" He was cut off. "LET ME GO!!" She yelled as she pushed him away. "Krystal please let me explain--" Baekhyun was cut off when Krystal picked up the blade and aimed it at his neck. "T-the prophecy said that two supernatural creatures are suppose to battle...one from Heaven...one from hell...the child of two angel parents and the child of two demon parents...one has to survive one has to die....which ever dies causes something bad to happen to their kind...those two people are us..." Baekhyun explained. "W-who is your father??" Krystal asked. "Lucifer." Baekhyun answered. "Who was that guy?" Krystal asked. "His name is Kai...he's my step brother...we have the same father..but different mothers..." Baekhyun answered. Krystal frowned. "How did you find out about me?" Krystal asked. "There's a traitor in heaven...she believes in what lucifer believes....why love humans more than god?...and so she found us...she told us that the strongest and oldest archangel had a child...at first we thought it was with a human...but then demons came scared to us saying that the child was conceived by two angel parents...demons feared you...and they still do..." Baekhyun answered. "Why not kill me now?" She asked. "Because...I fell for you..." He answered. "What?" She asked to make sure what she heard was right. "At first I was prepared...I knew what i was doing...I had to kill you, that was my goal...but then...as I got to know you...the more I fell for you..." Baekhyun said. Krystal didn't know what to say. "If you want to kill me then go ahead." He said before he closed his eyes. Krystal dropped the blade causing Baekhyun to open his eyes. "Leave.." She said as she wiped her tears. "Krystal, kai is gonna come back--" Baekhyun was cut off. "I SAID LEAVE!!" She yelled. Baekhyun stared at Krystal's eyes. What he saw hurt him. He saw sadness. Baekhyun sighed and did as he was told and left the apartment. 

Krystal sighed as she sat on the couch. "You've finally found out." Yong guk said causing Krystal to flinch. Krystal looked at Yong guk as he leaned against the wall. "Found out?...you knew?" She asked as she stood up. Yong guk sighed. "Of course I did...why did you think I got so defensive when you said god didn't know who you were fighting." Yong guk answered. "Wow...so you let me meet him...you let me like him...you let me fall for him...for what??" She asked as she walked to him. "God wanted to teach you a lesson..." He answered. "For what? For having emotions??" She asked. "No...for disobeying him." He answered. Krystal scoffed and punched him the face. Yong guk felt his jaw crack. She was stronger than him. "Well you tell god..thanks...thanks for showing me how much of a he is..." Krystal said. Yong guk slapped Krystal in the face. "Don't bad mouth him...you should thank him for this....he showed you that being human isn't what your meant to be--" Yong guk was cut off when Krystal scoffed. "Maybe I can't be either angel nor human." Krystal said. "So what...are you gonna take out your grace??" Yong guk said sarcastically. "Yes." She answered as she walked away from him. "Krystal you will lose your powers, your immortality..everything...your not like any angel...your grace is connected to your heart...if you take it out..it's like ripping your heart out.." Yong guk said. Krystal looked at Yong guk. "Why does it matter if I die?" Krystal asked changing the subject. "if you die by Baekhyun...then the angels will fall and be locked out of heaven...we'll all be powerless...you have to kill Baekhyun so that every demon will be locked up in hell and the gates to hell will be locked forever..." Yong guk answered. Krystal sat on the couch and grabbed the tv remote. "That's god's problem...not mine." She said as she the tv.