chapter 13

The fate of us

Krystal waited for Kai to come back. She sighed for the 10th time as she looked at the clock on the wall. “Where are you Kai..” She said. “Looking For me?” Krystal got up from the couch and hugged Kai. “Where have you been I’ve been worried sick.” Krystal replied. Kai pushed her away and looked at her with the are-you-serious face. “Krystal…I’m fine…what’s up with you…you’ve never worried about me….especially when I tried to kill you before—“ Kai was cut off. “I don’t know…it’s just…everything’s different now..” Krystal said. Kai sighed. “By different you mean that Baekhyun cheated on you with your best friend.” Kai responded leaving Krystal speechless on the fact that he said that. Krystal scoffed. “How can you say that so…so recklessly in front of me.” Krystal said out of anger. Kai scoffed. “Krystal have you ever thought for a second that Baekhyun probably had a reason for sleeping with your best friend?” Kai asked. Krystal remained silent. “And did you even bother to call your best friend for some answers?” Kai added. Krystal shook her head slightly as she stared at the floor. “I may have a soft spot for a friendship with you…but there’s no way in hell I’m coming in-between your love life…especially since your involved with my brother that I so happen to hate.” Kai said. “Kai—“ Krystal was cut off. “No Krystal. My purpose here was to make sure Baekhyun did his job…which was to kill you….but instead you two fell in love…and now we’re in a tv drama because of you guys.” Kai added. Krystal sighed. “Everything was okay between me and him…but then he just..out of no where….slept with my best friend….what would you do huh?” Krystal replied with frustration. “If I were you, I wouldn’t be sitting in the brother of my boyfriends apartment feeling sorry for myself.” Kai answered. “Well that’s the thing kai I’m not you, I can’t just shut off my feeling whenever I want, I just can’t leave whenever I want—“ Krystal was cut off. “Oh come on Krystal….you out of all people should understand me….you said it so yourself…you see yourself in me…it’s just the way I handled things is different. I know you don’t want to talk to Baekhyun but your gonna have to—“ Kai was cut off. I’M HURT KAI—“ Krystal was cut off. “No your angry.” Kai said with a calm tone. 

Krystal shook her head. “Please don’t make me do this.“ Krystal pleaded as tears began falling from her eyes. “Find out the truth Krystal…being angry isn’t something you want to be….it can make you do reckless things….and you won’t be able to forgive yourself.” Kai finished. He wiped her tears and slightly smiled. “Go talk to him.” Kai ordered. Krystal looked at Kai and sighed. “Okay..I’ll go…but what if he just did that for no reason?” Krystal asked. “Stop thinking about the what ifs…go talk to him Krystal.” Kai answered. Krystal sighed once more. “Okay.” Krystal replied. Kai sighed in relief. “A little help please.” Krystal said causing Kai to chuckle. “Right. You don’t like teleporting.” Kai replied. Krystal looked down to the floor once more. “that’s not the reason why I don’t teleport…” Krystal responded. Kai looked at her in confusion. “what do you mean?” Kai asked in confusion. “I can’t teleport…I fly.” Krystal answered. “What?” Kai asked to make sure what he heard was correct. “I fly.” She repeated. “T-that’s impossible all angels and demons teleport…they don’t fly—“ Kai was cut off. “I’m the first one to be born with this kind of power….which is another reason why the angels freaked out so much about me…” Krystal said. “Wait, so your wings become visible when you fly?” Kai asked amused. Krystal shook her head. “No not anymore....” Krystal answered. Kai looked at her in confusion. “Krystal—“ Kai was cut off. “Can you please just teleport me already.” Krystal said. Kai nodded. “Of course.” Kai said before he grabbed Krystal and pulled her close to him leaving no space in-between them. Their lips almost touched and they stared at each other’s eyes. Kai smiled before he teleported both of them to her apartment. 

Kai and Krystal stayed in position even though they were in her apartment already. They felt this electrifying feeling that they couldn’t shake away. “Krystal..” Someone said cause the both to let go of each other. “Baekhyun..” Krystal called. “I’ll leave you two alone.” Kai said before he disappeared leaving his trade mark, a black feather falling slowly to the ground. Krystal looked at Baekhyun before she sighed. “I’m going to ask this once okay….what happened?” She asked. Baekhyun remained silent. Krystal scoffed. “Baekhyun, I’m so angry and hurt but yet I had the courage to come to you and ask you what happened….we were fine…everything was okay…but then when I got off work I saw you in bed with my best friend…out of all the people in the world..you chose to sleep with someone who I trusted completely and now I can’t even trust her.” Krystal added. Baekhyun sighed. “What do you want me to say? Do you wan’t me to say I’m sorry? Do you wan’t me to tell you that I love you? Do you wan’t me to tell you that it was a mistake sleeping with your best friend? Do you wan’t me to tell you how the night went down before we began to have ?” Baekhyun asked with emotionless tone. Tears began to fall from Krystal’s eyes. “I wan’t you to tell me that all of this was for nothing….if you don’t love me….then look me in the eye…and say it…say that you don’t love me.” Krystal replied with a shaken voice. Baekhyun looked at Krystal and gulped. “I don’t love you.” Baekhyun said before he left the room. Krystal fell down to her knees as she began to cry. Little did she know, Baekhyun was watching her from the other room with tears falling down his face before he disappeared. 

Baekhyun asked for a bottle of liquor. His was at a club. He just wanted to wash away the pain, the suffering, the guilt. He felt so bad for hurting Krystal but he didn’t have a choice. “I need to move on..” He thought. “Baekhyun?” A familiar voice called. Baekhyun looked at the right and there stood the person who help hurt Krystal. “What are you doing here Luna?” Baekhyun asked. “Most likely doing the same thing you are…my boyfriend found out what happened between us…and now…I’m single..” Luna answered. Baekhyun looked at her in confusion as he stood up. “How did he know about us—“ Baekhyun was cut off. “I’m not sure…he wouldn’t tell me.” Luna said. “Here you go.” The bartender said as he handed Baekhyun a bottle of liquor with to glass cups. The bartender then left the two. “want to drink with me?” Baekhyun asked. “Are you sure—“ Luna was cut off. “Just one drink.” Baekhyun said. Luna sighed before she nodded. They both then made their way to a quiet area in the club and sat down. Baekhyun opened the bottle and poured some in both cups. They chatted for a while as they continued drinking. One drink wasn’t enough for the two. They were getting pretty drunk to the point they could barely walk. They laughed, cried, and played around but in the end they did something totally unexpected….they kissed. Baekhyun began kissing down Luna’s neck. “Hey Baekhyun wait.” Luna said in a drunken tone causing Baekhyun to stop and look at her. “Shouldn’t we take this somewhere else?” Luna asked with a smile. Baekhyun smiled. He kissed her again before disappearing with her. 

The next day: 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and squinted due to the sun light. He winced in pain due to the headache he had. “B-baekhyun?” A girl stuttered. Baekhyun looked to his left and his eyes opened wide. They both screamed as they sat up. “WHAT HAPPENED?!?!” Luna yelled. “I-i Don’t know, all i remember is that we were drinking and after that…I don’t know.” Baekhyun answered. “Oh my god…this is going to hurt Krystal so bad..” Luna replied. “Well we already had when she saw us in bed.” Baekhyun said. “But that was different….we could’ve told her it was an act but now we can’t…we actually had Baekhyun.” Luna responded. Baekhyun sighed. “It’s even worse now..” Baekhyun muttered. “What do you mean?” Luna asked. Baekhyun remained silent. “Baekhyun what happened?” Luna asked. “I Kind of told Krystal…that I don’t love her..” Baekhyun answered. “YOU DID WHAT!!! WHY WOULD YOU THAT?!? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?” Luna yelled. “Can you please keep your voice down I have a headache.” Baekhyun replied. “How can you be so calm about this…we had last night Baekhyun…Krystal is never going to speak to me every again..” Luna said. “Well she was never going to in the first place—“ Baekhyun was cut off. “BECAUSE OF YOU, YOU JERK!!” Luna yelled before she grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her body before she left the room. Baekhyun sighed as he stood up and began getting dressed. “Well…now I have something to be more sorry about..” Baekhyun thought.