chapter 17

The fate of us

“So…this battle isn’t even mine…” Baekhyun said as he exhaled. Luna who stood by the window nodded. Kai looked at Luna. “Are you sure Yong guk said that—“ Kai was cut off. “Yong guk said that if you die..hell’s gate will be closed…” Luna said. The two guys remained silent trying to take in all the information Luna gave them. Luna sighed. “You’re the one Krystal has to fight Kai…” Luna added. Kai shook his head. “But my father told me that it’s Baekhyun’s destiny…not mine—“ Kai was cut off once more. “Well then he lied to you because it’s yours.” Luna said. “No…you’re lying.” Kai refused to believe. “She may not be wrong Kai..” Baekhyun paused for a moment. Kai looked at Baekhyun. “Think about this….you’re the one that ended up with the wings…” Baekhyun finished. “What does that have to do with anything?!?” Kai said, raising up from his seat. The two looked at Kai as he began to pace around. “Our father told me…told us!!…that it’s your destiny…that you are the one that has to fight to protect us demons…that you are the one that has to kill Krystal…not me!!” Kai said in panic. Baekhyun stood up from his seat. “Why is it so hard for you to believe that you’re the one that has to fight her??…God literally lied to Krystal about everything…who says that our father isn’t doing the same thing?!?” Baekhyun asked. Kai stopped and looked at Baekhyun. Shaking his head, Kai spoke. “Our father told me that I’m nothing!!! That I will always be nothing!!!…My life isn’t important—“ Kai was cut off. “Well it is now.” Luna said. Kai looked at her.

“Think about it…You and Krystal are similar in many ways…you’re both stubborn…enraged….both of you have darkness inside….and everyday you two managed to always find each other—“ Luna was cut off. “What are you talking about?!?” Kai asked, getting frustrated. “She’s saying that you guys are connected Kai…and that fate works in mysterious ways…Luna and I….we’re puppets riding along with you and Krystal.” Baekhyun said. Kai looked at Baekhyun and scoffed, still refusing to believe this. “Why are you so calm Baekhyun??…all your life you were prepared to fight Krystal…and-and because Yong Guk said one thing..one thing!! All of a sudden it’s my destiny to fight her….this..is bull..” Ka replied, starting to get angry. “Kai—“ Baekhyun was cut off. “No!!…This is all a lie…It’s not my destiny…it’s not my fight…It’s yours.” Kai said backing away. "Kai just listen--" Luna was cut off. "No..I'm going to figure this out unlike you two who are just sitting around and talking!!" Kai said before he ran out the room. Baekhyun sighed. “What is he gonna do?” Luna asked. Baekhyun looked at Luna. “I think…he's going to talk to our father to find out the truth..” Baekhyun answered. Luna looked at Baekhyun. "Would he even tell the truth??" Luna asked. Baekhyun sighed. "I don't know…" Baekhyun replied. Luna nodded. “And what are you gonna do?” Luna asked. Baekhyun sighed once again. “I’m gonna talk to Krystal.” He answered. Luna scoffed as she crossed her arms around her chest. “Are-are you crazy?? You can't talk to her Baekhyun…remember you just got stabbed by her.” Luna replied in disbelief. “Don’t worry about me Luna, I got this.” Baekhyun responded. Luna shook her head. “I’ll be fine.” Baekhyun said reassuring her. Luna sighed, giving in. “Be careful…she’s not herself right now.” Luna replied. 

Krystal sat down in the living room. She stared at the angel’s blade she held in her right hand as she gripped it tightly. She then looked at her other hands palm, staring at it as her eyebrows furrowed. *After one swift movement, the blade entered her stomach. Pulling back, the attacker stood still, staring at her as he breathed heavily. She instinctively put her hands to the wound on her stomach. Looking at her hands, she sees it’s covered in blood. She looked up at the attacker and realized the angel blade is coated in something red and shiny. Crimson blood dripped from the blade. She looked back down at the gaping wound that was now oozing blood. Her eyes were wide shock but still showed a hint of fear. tightened, making it impossible to let out any noise. No tears, no screams escaped from her. Everything seemed in slow motion. Was this really happening. “Why aren’t you dying?!?” The attacker asked, raising his voice in anger and frustration.* Gulping, Krystal then held the blade against her palm. As she sliced her hand, she groaned in pain. Blood oozed slowly but heavily from the wound. All of a sudden, it the pain disappeared…and the wound healed. Krystal stared at her hand that was now healed but covered in her blood. “I don’t get it…” Krystal muttered as she frowned.  "Don't get what?" A familiar voice asked causing Krystal to stand up. 

Note: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I have been focusing on other stories and aside from that I've been busy with school work but don't worry I will be updating this story more~ Please comment what you think and until next time guys~ :)