chapter 16

The fate of us

“So Baekhyun and Kai sent you to talk to me.” Yong guk said as he walked around the room. Luna nodded as she awkwardly stood there. “So let me get this straight…you guys found her…but didn’t call me?” Yong guk asked as he halted and looked at Luna. “We didn’t think she would do anything—“ Luna was cut off. “Oh cut the crap Luna!…she’s angry!…she’s hurt!…she was able to summon so much power in her that she literally brought back her wings!!…It’s foolish of you to think she wouldn’t harm any of you!” Yong guk said in anger. Luna looked down. “I’m sorry..” She muttered loud enough for him to hear. Yong guk scoffed lightly. Luna looked up and watched as Yong guk finally sat down. He looked up at Luna and sighed. “So what do you want to know?” Yong guk asked. Luna her lips as she sat down across from him. “Everything about her.” Luna answered. Yong guk nodded. “…We lied to Krystal…she doesn’t even know anything about the Angels at all.” Yong guk said. Luna looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” She asked. Yong guk sighed. “Well for starters…Krystal’s mother was an angel.” Yong guk said. “What do you mean was? Did she die?” Luna asked. Yong guk shook his head. “No…she cut out her grace.” Yong guk answered. Luna’s eyebrows furrowed as she thought for a moment. “Her mother was a fallen angel?” Luna asked. Yong gym nodded. “But I thought they lose their memories and stuff when they cut out their grace—“ Luna was cut off. “It’s not that they lose their memories Luna…they just lose their abilities…they become human.” Yong guk explained. “Okay….So in reality Krystal was conceived by a human mother?” Luna asked. Yong guk nodded. “Her father..is one of the archangels—“ Yong guk was cut off. “Archangels?” Luna asked in confusion. “Yes…her father is an archangel…the first order of angels…they answer directly to God and serve as the leaders and generals of heaven.” Yong guk explained. Luna nodded. “Wait…but I thought that being conceived by two angel parents is what made her the way she is.” Luna replied. Yong guk shook his head. “No that was a lie….being a child of an archangel is what made her the way she is.” Yong guk responded. Luna nodded, still trying to wrap her head around everything. “You see, Krystal’s father fell in love with her mother while on a mission on earth…but their happiness was short lived due to God wanting him back in heaven.” Yong guk added. “What happened to her mother?” Luna asked. Yong guk looked down. “Her mother passed away giving birth to her.” Yong guk answered sadly. Luna looked down as well. Yong guk sighed as he looked back at Luna. “Aside from that…God hid Krystal from her father…and the only person who knew about this was God himself.” Yong guk added. Luna looked at Yong guk and frowned. “Wait a minute…then how do you know all of this??” Luna asked in confusion. Yong guk remained silent for a moment, contemplating whether to tell her the truth or not. A sigh escaped his lips. “….Because…I’m one of the few trusted comrades of God…I’m an archangel.” Yong guk answered. 

“YOU’RE AN ARCHANGEL?!?” Luna yelled as she stood up. “Calm down.” Yong guk ordered. Luna who took a few breaths nodded and sat back down. “Okay so…why are you here?? Shouldn’t you be doing some other mission that is important—“ Luna was cut off. “This is important Luna….Krystal’s destiny is important to us.” Yong guk said. Luna nodded. “So what else she doesn’t know?” Luna asked. Yong guk sat there and thought for a moment. “Well…archangels don’t need a vessel.” What? Why not?” Luna asked in confusion. “Archangels are granted human bodes of their own to distinguish them from other angels and to allow us to perform our duties better on earth.” Yong guk explained. “So your body—“ Luna was cut off. “Is my original body.” He said. “Wow..” Luna paused for a moment. She tried to retain all the information that was given to her. “Wait…if you’re an archangel…why don’t you have your wings??” Luna asked looking at him. Yong guk sighed. “…God granted me the ability to teleport so I could keep my identity hidden from Krystal.” Yong guk answered. “But what for?” Luna asked. “He sent me here…to prepare her for her battle…but of course things intervened and so I haven’t actually prepared her at all. “ Yong guk answered. Luna nodded. The two remained silent for a moment. Luna looked at Yong guk as he stood up. She watched him as he walked towards the window. “I have one more question to ask.” Luna said. Yong guk looked down at her. “What is it?” He asked as he stared out the window. Luna gulped. “Why…why did they rip apart Krystal’s wings if she is so important to angels?” Luna asked. Yong guk froze. He remained silent for a moment as he stared out the window. Luna patiently waited for him to answer. “Luna…did you know that jealously is a dangerous emotion?” Yong guk asked. “No…I didn’t..” Luna answered. Yong guk sighed. “Being an archangel’s daughter made God particularly favor Krystal…she was on top priority…making sure that nothing happens to her until it’s time for her to battle the son of lucifer…” Yong guk paused for a moment. “Okay so?” Luna asked. “The angels hated that they had to protect her…they hated the love god had for her…and so they did one thing…they ripped off her wings…something that is apart of her physical being.” Yong guk replied. “But…she was doing fine without her wings before any of you got here…” Luna responded. “Luna..that was all a show…” Yong guk said. Luna looked at him in confusion. He looked at her. “You see…losing your wings is like…losing the very essence of your being…you lose your sense of self…you don’t know what you are anymore…you aren’t human..but you aren’t an angel either…Krystal was only 15 years old when they did that to her....it took a long time for her to get over that.” Yong guk explained. 

Flashback: 

Sweat slid down Krystal’s temples. ached from all the horrified screaming she did. She could no longer take it. She tried to cry for help, but was raw from all the screaming and her lips were long deprived of liquid. All she felt was pain. The only thing that was holding her up was her wings that were nailed to a wall. Her feet couldn’t even touch to the ground as she was too high off of it. Blood dripped from all over her body. Her arms, legs, stomach, even her chest was cut up. Krystal tried to brace herself. She didn’t know what to do. She froze upon hearing footsteps coming towards her. She looked up, seeing a man come out of the darkness. “The infamous Krystal Jung…how does it feel to be weak for once??” A man asked, looking up at her. “please…please let me free..” Krystal said with a weak tone. A laugh escaped from him. Looking down, Krystal spoke. "What…have I done?..” Krystal managed to ask. "you really think you have done nothing?” The guy replied. Krystal remained silent. “God has been quite busy trying to keep you out of harms way....what makes you so special??…” He paused for a moment, looking at her wings. “Other than the obvious of course.” He said referring to her large set of white wings. Krystal scoffed weakly. “How does it feel to be hung up for display??” He asked with a smirk plastered on his face. “Amazing..” She sarcastically said. The guy chuckled before he regained his serious posture. Snapping his fingers, two men walked out of the darkness. Whispering something to them, the two men walked to her. Krystal immediately began to panic as they grabbed her arms. “What are you doing?!?” She asked in panic as she tried to escape from their grasps. The guy chuckled. “We want your wings and we want them now.” The guy answered ending it with a smile. Krystal looked at him with horror in her eyes. “No..Don’t!” She replied raising her voice. “It isn’t up for discussion Miss Jung.” He said as he looked at her struggling. As they began to pull her arms forward, Krystal began to scream in pain. “PLEASE STOP!!” Krystal yelled as she shook shook her head. The guy signaled the two to stop for a moment. They did as they were told and looked at him. “It sounds like you’re in excruciating pain.” The guy said with a slight smirk. Krystal looked at the guy. Tears fell from her eyes. “Please…don’t…” Krystal paused for a moment, trying to regain her composure. “They’re apart of me…” She said, breaking into pieces. The guy smirked. “You see miss Jung…I don’t really care..” The guy said as he stared at her with his cold-blooded eyes. Not a flinch of guilt passed those cold brown eyes, you could see the twisted pleasure radiating off his skin. Krystal shook her head as she pleaded for mercy. “No no no no!! Please!! Don’t do this!!” She pleaded. The guy looked at his men as they waited for instructions. “Do it.” He ordered. The two men nodded before they braced themselves. Using their strength they began to pull Krystal forward away from the wall. All you could hear was her heart breaking scream, full of hurt and anger. 

Krystal laid there on the ground. Her back aching in excruciating pain. Her body trembled as she felt an intense piercing pain. She writhed about on the floor, clutching her body. Her eyes were watery with the sheer pain and her breathing came out in sharp, shallow rasps. Her heart beat rapidly and wouldn’t slow down at all. She couldn’t even speak because it took too much effort. She was sweating like you wouldn’t believe; Dripping down her forehead as some of her hair stuck to her face. All she could hear was the faint footsteps receding into the other direction. ”Come… ba-...” she croaked as loud as she could. They weren’t coming back. They had left her there to rot in the darkness. Krystal managed to turn herself over. And there it was...She stared at her wings that were nailed onto the wall. Krystal stared in horror as her lips trembled. You could see pieces of her skin attached to her wings, leaking crimson blood. She shook her head not wanting to believe that this was real…but it was. Her wings nailed to wall, put up for display. Her tortured throat let out a pathetic cry. Her cries came from deep within her chest. She tried to say something, but it came out as nothing. Her face was extremely pale and she was short of breath. Krystal began to crawl towards the wall, trying her hardest. Although she struggled, she managed to get there. However, she wasn’t strong enough to stand and so she laid there staring up at her wings. “No…” She muttered. Tears fell from her eyes as she stared at her wings. “This….this can’t…b-be happening…” She managed to say, her voice cracking. Everything that happened kept on flashing in her mind. “What makes you so special??” “...We want your wings and we want them now.” “You see miss Jung….I don’t really care..” She shook her head once again. She felt as if her very soul was shattering into millions of shards. "H-help…." she croaked, although no one was there. Suddenly there was an aura of grey around her. It was a mist that wouldn’t rise. A state of depression that she couldn’t see herself through. What she felt was unexplainable. It’s a desperation feeling and a “what do I do now..” where you don’t really know what to do with yourself….lost is a good word for it. She felt empty…depressed…enraged.  She let out a piercing scream in agony and pain. All you could hear was the echo’s of her scream. She was dehydrated and sore. Sobs raked her body, no one should be able to cry that hard. Krystal shook her head as she curled up into a fetal position. She wondered what could have she possibly done to them to deserve this. She laid there on the floor screaming, wishing that she was dead. 

End of Flashback: 

“Her scream tore through me like a shard of glass..” Yong guk said as he stared out the window. Luna stood up as she scoffed. “So let me get this straight…you were there when it happened and you did nothing?!?”  Luna asked raising her voice. Yong guk turned around and looked at her. “Luna—“ — Yong guk was cut off. “I can see why she was so angry!!” Luna said in anger.  Yong guk remained silent. “Krystal was hurting and you did nothing to protect her—“ Luna was cut off. “I couldn’t..” — Yong guk Luna scoffed. “Why not?!? Because you lost faith in her like all the other angels did?!?” Luna asked enraged. Yong guk shook his head. “I have never lost faith in her—“ Yong guk was cut off. “Then why not help—“ Luna was cut off. “BECAUSE GOD WOULDN’T LET ME!!” Yong guk yelled. Luna stared at him in disbelief. “Why would god do that— “ Luna was cut off. “Luna you don’t understand at all…God wanted to protect her, yes…but he could not stop her destiny….everything that happened to her…it’s destiny..it’s her fate.” Yong guk tried to explain. “That’s bull.” Luna replied in anger. “We have to let everything take it’s course…Krystal’s fate..cannot be changed…everything has to play itself out…” Yong guk responded. “So if Krystal dies—“ Luna was cut off. “Then she dies…and all angels will suffer.” Yong guk said. Luna scoffed as she began to pace back and forth.“This is…insane.” Luna muttered loud enough for him to hear. For a moment silence filled the air. Luna halted and looked at Yong guk. “So You guys would be okay with her dying??” Luna asked as her eyebrows furrowed. “Of course not..none of it will be okay..but we will have to live with it—“ Yong guk was cut off. “Why?? Why do you—“ Luna was cut off. “Because it’s destiny Luna.” Yong guk said. Luna shook her head in disbelief. “We can’t intervene in that even if we wanted to…Krystal will have to fight the son of lucifer…and if either of them dies..no matter how much we hate it…we have to live with it…” Yong guk explained. “No…there has to be another way—“ Luna was cut off. “There isn’t Luna.” Yong guk said. Luna sighed as she sat down. “Krystal was right about one thing though…”Yong guk paused. Luna looked up at him. “Angels are not permitted to have feelings or free will…we’re statues..cold and loyal…we have no choice but to listen..” Yong guk said. Luna looked down. “It can’t just be this…” Luna muttered. “I felt so bad not telling Krystal anything…and for the fact that she has been lied to her whole life…she was fighting a battle blindly…at first she didn’t even know what would happen if either of them dies—" Yong guk was cut off. “Wait..she never told me what would happened.” Luna said. Yong guk remained silent. “Yong guk what would happen?” Luna asked. Yong guk looked at her. “If Kai dies..hells gate will lock and they can no longer take any souls..they would be trapped in hell forever..” Yong guk paused. “And if Krystal dies?” Luna asked. Yong guk sighed. “If Krystal dies…all angels would be cast out of heaven…and we would be forced to co exist with humans and live as one of them…” Yong guk answered. Luna scoffed. “So..why didn’t god tell her the truth??” Luna asked in frustration. "I can’t answer that…” Yong guk said. “Why?? Because God told you not to say??” Luna asked. Yong guk shook his head. “No..because I don’t know..” Yong guk answered. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Please comment on what you guys think so I could have an idea of what to put next! :) Until next time guys.